9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Easily better than Ronaldo. If he can keep up his current form then it wouldn't be ridiculous for him to be compared to Messi either.

Wouldn't be ridiculous but for me, Messi still wins every comparison, he's out of reach. Suarez on current form deserves to be in the top 3 though and I agree he's currently performing better than cr.

Last edited:

Gohan

Super Saiyan
Suarez, Suarez, Suarez. Let him be consistent and let him show it in the big matches. Don't already start comparing him to Ronaldo and please, please! Don't mention him and Messi in one sentence for now.

Meitux

I agree with people saying that on current form he's better than Ronaldo, and to what Suarez shown since he came back comparing to Ronaldo i would say he's definitely made better things happen. But comparison with Messi is still far away, most people talk about it because we are not seeing Messi for since a pretty long time and that he wasn't on his really best because of this injury maybe. If he was there and performing to his standars those comparisons wouldn't happen. But seeing the comments i believe the comparison with Messi comes just to bash Suarez because of his attitude and that goes with directly comparing Suarez with some of the moments of brilliance Messi had, yeah he can't reach him easily but using that to say that Suarez is not good for what he's shown generally those times and comparing him to Messi is not fair.

MrKnowitAlll

just because you dont like Ronaldo , doesnt mean you cant recognize his talent. Suarez is scoring against Cardiff ... an out of sorts Spurs ... he has been the best player in the league by far but he cant come close to Ronaldo or Messi.
If you judge by current form , Ronaldo is better than Messi because Messi before his injury was not his usual high standards.

Suarez is in the ever changing pack below Messi and Ronaldo.

Liverpool / Barca Fan

Meitux

just because you dont like Ronaldo , doesnt mean you cant recognize his talent. Suarez is scoring against Cardiff ... an out of sorts Spurs ... he has been the best player in the league by far but he cant come close to Ronaldo or Messi.
If you judge by current form , Ronaldo is better than Messi because Messi before his injury was not his usual high standards.

Suarez is in the ever changing pack below Messi and Ronaldo.

Liverpool / Barca Fan
Me personally i'm not comparing him to Messi, and comparison with Ronaldo doesn't come talent wise or anything, that's obvious.. But to what Ronaldo has shown these past couple of months and what Suarez shown, Suarez had making more things happenings. That's the point. But still yeah he's not playing in CL to judge completely, only speaking from what we have seen.

CatalinR10

Liverpool forward Luis Suarez (26) has an exit clause in his new contract giving him the right to negotiate with Madrid or Barcelona. [star]

S7_MUFC

The thing is though, he might be too selfish considering they already have Ronaldo and Bale; Benzema is primarily a link-up striker, I feel if Suarez played someone would end up without enough of the ball. Maybe not though...
I can remember someone making similar argument when they signed Bale even posting statistics about number of shots taken per goal but that argument looks ridiculous now and Suarez not as selfish as Ronaldo and can dribble past players and create chances unlike Benzema.........

raskolnikov

Me personally i'm not comparing him to Messi, and comparison with Ronaldo doesn't come talent wise or anything, that's obvious.. But to what Ronaldo has shown these past couple of months and what Suarez shown, Suarez had making more things happenings. That's the point. But still yeah he's not playing in CL to judge completely, only speaking from what we have seen.

Do you mean Ronaldo is more talented? I think Suarez is more talented.

Whats his buyout clause currently? I know he really prefers Barca over Real, his girl's family lives there as well and back at Ajax he said it was his dream club.
Yet I cant see us going for him at all, we would rather go for the more clean player in Aguero if we made an epl striker move while Perez will definitely go for Suarez.

Ghost

Suarez, Suarez, Suarez. Let him be consistent and let him show it in the big matches. Don't already start comparing him to Ronaldo and please, please! Don't mention him and Messi in one sentence for now.
:thumbsup2:

'10 Forlan > Suarez

Alarcón

Because he hasn't been consistent for the last 2 years.

Z

zyzzbrah

Suarez isn't as good as Ronaldo. Ronaldo puts up more goals year in and year out. Suarez has only had one good season while Ronaldo has had many great ones. Ronaldo scores in big games while Suarez got shut out against Arsenal.

GoobiePls

S♥NE
What does it matter how Suarez does for his country or in the CL. It's not his fault that Liverpool couldn't reach top 4 despite his awesome season last year. Ronaldo isn't exactly setting the world a light either with his Portugal performances.

Also Suarez had only 1 good season so far? Yeah... not like he scored an odd 50 goals for Ajax in 1 season or arguably deserved epl player of the year last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans