9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stric

He's not going out there ending players careers. People asking for lifetime bans are seriously taking this to a whole new level of unreasonable. What Suarez is doing is immature, childish and foolish, but is not like he is purposely breaking people's legs and seriously injuring players.

He should get punished, he should seek anger management help and he should grow up. There's no need to overreact with a lifetime ban, which would be utterly ridiculous.

Wrong logic. Again, damage inflicted is not the relevant factor. Professional behavior is.

NotInHere

He's not going out there ending players careers. People asking for lifetime bans are seriously taking this to a whole new level of unreasonable. What Suarez is doing is immature, childish and foolish, but is not like he is purposely breaking people's legs and seriously injuring players.

He should get punished, he should seek anger management help and he should grow up. There's no need to overreact with a lifetime ban, which would be utterly ridiculous.
Yeah I think he doesn't really deserve a life time ban, a life time ban goes to someone who seriously hurts a player, like kill him or something.

but Suarez deserves a long time ban from both international and club wise. Its his 3rd time.

Plus he ruined his chances to be sold. I mean I guess teams can take a gamble on him, teams like us, he does have talent, but gambling is never good. In my opinion Barca should never welcome a player like this, with history like this at least.

Bertus

Wrong logic. Again, damage inflicted is not the relevant factor. Professional behavior is.
It is actually.

When you work for a company, there's a difference made looking at the damage the company is taken due to your mistake.

Look on google and check the Kerviel case we had in France.

He would never have been sacked like that if he didn't make lose so much money to the bank he worked to.

In any other jobs than in sport, an aggression = fired anyways.

That's one of the reason many people dislike stars weither it's in sports, cinema, etc. Because they always feel they get away with nothing or not much while "normal anonymous" people would get hammered hard instead.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

Damage inflicted is definitely relevant when you're calling for a lifetime ban. If biting someone merits a lifetime ban, where does it stop? An intentional headbutt would certainly merit it too, as a headbutt is no less violent and unprofessional behavior as a bite. Ditto for an intentional elbow.

Lifetime bans should be reserved for doping and gambling, offenses which attempt with the integrity of the game, and for repetitive extremely violent behavior that attempts with the liveliehood and careers of other players.

"Human bites have been shown to transmit hepatitis B, hepatitis C, herpes simplex virus (HSV), syphilis, tuberculosis, actinomycosis, and tetanus.

Evidence suggests that it is biologically possible to transmit the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) through human bites, although this is quite unlikely"

With that, might as well stop playing altogether because if a player is playing with those diseases, you are more likely to contract them from contact with their blood, which is far more likely to happen than getting bitten.

Last edited:

DennyCrane

From my pov, it's not as if he can argue much to avoid what's coming.

I proposed that because calming down the football fans by apologizing now publicaly can help him later i believe.

It's not only to the DC that he has to apologize, it's to all and every people that like football, especially his own fans.

I never hid it, I'm impressed by his talent. yet i feel cheated on yet again.

Before going to talk with guys in suits, he should try to get a better image in public, and that starts by apologizing now.

I agree, he should apologize and probably will as well.

The thing is this though: It's a legal problem for the DC whether they can use the videos from the general media as formal evidence and if so, which camera angles (from their own recordings) etc. they can use. If they can base a decision on that that will lead to a ban, the DC will tell him so in which case he still can confess and show mens rea for a mitigating effect. After that he can apologize to the public and the fans still. The small possibility that the DC can't raise the required formal evidence is not to be neglected though and should be an incentive for him to keep his mouth shut and a low profile in the meantime.

It's one factor.
Spitting on someone and breaking their jaw is not the same thing.

Punching someone gives a minimum ban of 2 matches. Spitting leads to a minimum of 6. FIFA logic.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/50/02/75/discoinhalte.pdf Art. 48

Last edited:

Irish_Cules

Damage inflicted is definitely relevant when you're calling for a lifetime ban. If biting someone merits a lifetime ban, where does it stop? An intentional headbutt would certainly merit it too, as a headbutt is no less violent and unprofessional behavior as a bite. Ditto for an intentional elbow.

Lifetime bans should be reserved for doping and gambling, offenses which attempt with the integrity of the game, and for repetitive extremely violent behavior that attempts with the liveliehood and careers of other players.

With that, might as well stop playing altogether because if a player is playing with those diseases, you are more likely to contract them from contact with their blood, which is far more likely to happen than getting bitten.

Ye but blood happens by chance. Biting someone is intentional. I'm not saying any of these things are likely to be transmitted or anything but its unhygienic and is unacceptable in professional sports to intentionally do something like this which isn't a part of the game in any way. At least horror tackles, elbows and headbuts are using parts of the body that are used in the sport.

XaviMessiGirl

It might be best for all of us for Suarez to leave - but we won't be fucked over (transfer/money wise) as our owners won't allow it.

I would try to hawk him to PSG for Cavani + Verratti or Cavani + Marquinhos. But it looks like Barca or Madrid are the only options, don't know if Cavani would want to come to Liverpool anyway.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Ye but blood happens by chance. Biting someone is intentional. I'm not saying any of these things are likely to be transmitted or anything but its unhygienic and is unacceptable in professional sports to intentionally do something like this which isn't a part of the game in any way. At least horror tackles, elbows and headbuts are using parts of the body that are used in the sport.

Yet horror tackles, elbows and headbutts are far more violent and carry with them a hell of a lot more potential negative physical ramifications than a bite. All that you wrote, even while possible, is incredibly unlikely.

Listen I'm not condoning nor defending Suarez here, far from it. Hand his ass a hefty ban, force him to get anger management help, etc, but asking for a lifetime ban is utterly ridiculous.

Chainsaw

Killahead

+10000. Don't be drama queens. Suarez will get his ban and it won't be a lifetime ban. Get over it.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Ammar messaged me. He is supporting Suarez even after this. :lol: :lol:

In his defense Ammar said : " Even Zidane headbutted someone but people still respect him. I hope Suarez stays in Pool..."

Strong scouser. :lol: :lol:

Irish_Cules

Yet horror tackles, elbows and headbutts are far more violent and carry with them a hell of a lot more potential negative physical ramifications than a bite. All that you wrote, even while possible, is incredibly unlikely.

Listen I'm not condoning nor defending Suarez here, far from it. Hand his ass a hefty ban, force him to get anger management help, etc, but asking for a lifetime ban is utterly ridiculous.

I'm not asking for a life time ban. I just don't think it should be brushed aside as not being as serious as some of the stuff you mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans