9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caps

How can you even compare tackles and biting? Tackles are part of the game, it's a part of how you play. It's necessary and usual. A tackle is not an act of violence. Admittedly, a wrongly timed tackle can cause much more damage, but it's rarely deliberate. Taylor's tackle on Eduardo was horrific and could have ended his career, but it was badly timed and a mistake. Some tackles are deliberate and those which are should be punished more severely than biting, for sure. But most injuries from tackles aren't deliberate. These things happen in sport. Biting doesn't. Biting someone is not a mistake. It's a deliberate act of violence which has absolutely nothing to do with sport. This is not your street team we're talking about, these guys represent their countries on the world stage, they play for renowned clubs and they get paid huge money to do so. They have sponsorship deals that are worth tens of millions. They are culturally significant because millions of kids all around the world follow their every move. All of that combined is a huge responsibility. You can't do something as retarded as biting someone in a WC game and expect to continue doing your job. Let alone do it three times. Many of you are underestimating the influence of football on things outside of football. This is intolerable.

If this was referring to me (I'm unsure) I'm not referring to tackles. Pepe does engage in acts of violence, such as kicking players while they're on the floor, kicking players in the ribs, heads, legs etc. It's just that he often uses tackles as a cover for what he's doing.

XaviMessiGirl

To be fair people never look at their own players in the same way as others do.

A lot of fans of other clubs despise Busquets and think he is a racist cheat who feigns injury etc.

You wont get many Barca fans that look at him that way.

I always try to acknowledge when a Barca player does something less than desirable. Obviously I wouldn't call Busquets that, because by watching him regularly I know that he's generally not that type of player. And there are Barca players "worse" than him anyway. But Suarez dives regularly, whines/loses his temper often, and the biting stuff too. I could deal with the first two things as long as his goalscoring record made up for it, but three biting incidents is too much.

And like Ed said previously, it hurts especially as a Liverpool fan because he had me convinced he had changed.

Chainsaw

Killahead
How can you even compare tackles and biting? Tackles are part of the game, it's a part of how you play. It's necessary and usual. A tackle is not an act of violence. Admittedly, a wrongly timed tackle can cause much more damage, but it's rarely deliberate.

U mean the tackles that are aimed for the ball right? Well, people are not talking about that for sure. They're talking about the ones which are aimed to hit the players, with or without the ball. And yeah, it's more ugly than biting.

Biting is just a low cheap act, that many players don't even wanna go there. It's childish and ridiculous. That's what Suarez makes out of himself by keep doing it. Not going to the same level the likes of Pepe go, which is a mere thug.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
How can you even compare tackles and biting? Tackles are part of the game, it's a part of how you play. It's necessary and usual. A tackle is not an act of violence. Admittedly, a wrongly timed tackle can cause much more damage, but it's rarely deliberate. Taylor's tackle on Eduardo was horrific and could have ended his career, but it was badly timed and a mistake. These things happen in sport. Biting doesn't. Biting someone is not a mistake. It's a deliberate act of violence which has absolutely nothing to do with sport. This is not your street team we're talking about, these guys represent their countries on the world stage, they play for renowned clubs and they get paid huge money to do so. They have sponsorship deals that are worth tens of millions. They are culturally significant because millions of kids all around the world follow their every move. All of that combined is a huge responsibility. You can't do something as retarded as biting someone in a WC game and expect to continue doing your job. Let alone do it three times. Many of you are underestimating the influence of football on things outside of football. This is intolerable.

Are you saying tackles cannot be deliberate? Sergio Ramos hunting Messi from behind and purposely kicking him in the knee is a perfect example of how a tackle can very much be deliberate. That had the potential for far worse negative ramifications than a bite.
Is that not also intolerable? Should a player doing that be allowed to continue doing their job?

At the end of the day, this is just a bite. It is immature, it is childish, it is unsportsmanlike. But it is nowhere near as malicious and dangerous as a deliberate tackle to a knee, an ankle or a shin; nor is it worse than a deliberate elbow to the face, or a headbutt to your sternum.

Caps

I genuinely think he has issues. He looked so ashamed and upset with himself after the game, like he knew what was coming and that he'd let the team down. It's so... weird and crazy and random.

Caps

Are you saying tackles cannot be deliberate? Sergio Ramos hunting Messi from behind and purposely kicking him in the knee is a perfect example of how a tackle can very much be deliberate. That had the potential for far worse negative ramifications than a bite.
Is that not also intolerable? Should a player doing that be allowed to continue doing their job?

At the end of the day, this is just a bite. It is immature, it is childish, it is unsportsmanlike. But it is nowhere near as malicious and dangerous as a deliberate tackle to a knee, an ankle or a shin; now is it worse than a deliberate elbow to the face, or a headbutt to your sternum.

This this this this this. It's stupid, its unsportsmanlike, it does deserve punishment. But I want the whole world to act as they are with Suarez now, about players like Pepe and their even more vile, shocking and disgusting behavior.

I

instinct

Bq7epabCcAEcBn8.png

Tomorrow's cover: Barca, this one bites. Suarez is the ideal signing for a club hungry to return to winning titles.

F

Flavia

At the end of the day, this is just a bite. It is immature, it is childish, it is unsportsmanlike. But it is nowhere near as malicious and dangerous as a deliberate tackle to a knee, an ankle or a shin; nor is it worse than a deliberate elbow to the face, or a headbutt to your sternum.

All you listed are as bad as. It's the intention to hurt. And all need to be punished. People wanting a lifetime ban for Suarez are overreacting. And fifa, uefa, rfef have to start to punish those acts too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans