9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepe Silvia

phdzcy.gif

Clearly Chiellini bit himself, look at that :p
:lol:!!!!!

NotInHere

Fck it he is a nutter but I would still take him at Barca!
Really? I mean what if he did this when we were down by 1 in the CL final, how would you react then?

Suarez is 27 and still doing things like this, that's really embarrassing and I'm sure Barca will make the right call not to go after him anymore(or at least I hope so)

F

Flavia

Do anyone think that we or Real Madrid will sign him this summer?

Who knows. rm seems set in falcao. If Lucho still wants suarez after this, the board will probably still go after him. But I really hope not.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Depends on the strenght of the bite... you can take out a piece of flesh, or make the person bleed. It's a crazy response to frustation, but it is intention to hurt too.

Nah Flavia, it's really hard for a human being to rip a piece of flesh from a meaty region like an arm or shoulder. Our teeth have evolved pass that point. If he were biting a protruding and brittle area like an ear or a finger, then you'd have a point. Also the way he opens his mouth really wide, it is harder to rip if you open your mouth so wide.

IMO this is more a frustration response than real intent to harm. It is weird as hell too. Most people when they get frustrate opt to kick or punch someone. Suarez goes for biting. I suspect some sort of behavioral issue in his childhood that makes him subconsciously go for a bite.

Samper

Awesome! I still want him at Barca.

Sure he's nuts but so what? He didn't break Chiellini's leg or something.

Stoichkov was a lunatic too, and he's still my personal favorite

Do you seriously want someone who fucking bites players? He's a disgrace and will make Barcelona look bad with his dives and disgraceful behaviour.

Ghost

How can you even compare tackles and biting? Tackles are part of the game, it's a part of how you play. It's necessary and usual. A tackle is not an act of violence. Admittedly, a wrongly timed tackle can cause much more damage, but it's rarely deliberate. Taylor's tackle on Eduardo was horrific and could have ended his career, but it was badly timed and a mistake. Some tackles are deliberate and those which are should be punished more severely than biting, for sure. But most injuries from tackles aren't deliberate. These things happen in sport. Biting doesn't. Biting someone is not a mistake. It's a deliberate act of violence which has absolutely nothing to do with sport. This is not your street team we're talking about, these guys represent their countries on the world stage, they play for renowned clubs and they get paid huge money to do so. They have sponsorship deals that are worth tens of millions. They are culturally significant because millions of kids all around the world follow their every move. All of that combined is a huge responsibility. You can't do something as retarded as biting someone in a WC game and expect to continue doing your job. Let alone do it three times. Many of you are underestimating the influence of football on things outside of football. This is intolerable.
Post of the year.

Vilarrubi

What's everyones thoughts on him coming to Barca despite the bite? lol The price is high of course.. but do we risk Madrid buying him instead?

F

Flavia

Nah Flavia, it's really hard for a human being to rip a piece of flesh from a meaty region like an arm or shoulder. Our teeth have evolved pass that point. If he were biting a protruding and brittle area like an ear or a finger, then you'd have a point. Also the way he opens his mouth really wide, it is harder to rip if you open your mouth so wide.

IMO this is more a frustration response than real intent to harm. It is weird as hell too. Most people when they get frustrate opt to kick or punch someone. Suarez goes for biting. I suspect some sort of behavioral issue in his childhood that makes him subconsciously go for a bite.

It doesn't really need to rip a piece out, but it can do some damage. Just google it. I saw some horrible images :lol:

Like this one.(careful when clicking the link, it's a open sore)

I

instinct

Really? I mean what if he did this when we were down by 1 in the CL final, how would you react then?

Suarez is 27 and still doing things like this, that's really embarrassing and I'm sure Barca will make the right call not to go after him anymore(or at least I hope so)

I agree with JamDav but I have a different view on this. I will try to give my objective opinion on this matter now, so don't call me a fanboy now.

I think that we all agree that he is one of the best footballers in the world, maybe the best this season. This is a fact.

However, he has some serious mental issues. I don't believe that he bites people for fun (or because McDonald's is already closed). There is more behind this.
It requires some psychological treatment, that's for sure. I don't think that it was a coincidence that this incident happend at the NT and not at Liverpool.
DonAK postet a link to an article which says that Suarez visits a psychologist more than any other player in the team. I think it's good for him, he enjoy some kind of protection and safety. That's why he goated Liverpool last season, I assume.

We have to think of what it would be like here. Lucho seems like a very nice guy, close to his players. I think he would be a great coach for Suarez. IF we sign him, then psychological treatment is required but I'd take it, I'd try it since he is a world-class footballer.

Everyone here says that he is a prick and should be banned for a long time. I agree with this but for me, it's not as easy as that. I can't blame a person who has serious problems with his mentality for his actions.

We all don't know what's up with him or his history. We judge him on what he does on the pitch.

A few days ago he was the king of the world. Everyone loved him because of his great performances. Many people didn't want him here at Barca because he doesn't fit or whatever. Now, they don't want him because of this incident but I'd still welcome him here but only if he gets the right treatment which he needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans