9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BerkeleyBernie

I don't see it as intent to hurt. How much damage can a bite to an arm or shoulder do? I see it more as an immature and childish response to frustration.

If he really had intention to hurt, he would do far more damage by directing his studs to Chielinni's legs. That would do real damage. The bite is just his childish and immature response to frustration. Is stupid as hell and should get counseled out of him, but is not as bad as someone pissed off going studs first to a player with clear intent to harm. And those kinds of things happen plenty in football.

Yup. Not even as bad as swinging a fist at someone's face. Closer to pulling someone's hair, or even spitting at someone as a frustrated reaction.

B

beautifulgame

Have I agree. Outage is illogical.

Malicious tackles, stomps and elbows are much more physiologically dangerous.

Zebulun

In my opinion this entire thing has been blown out of proportion and the people who are complaining are hypocrites. where was the morals and values when pepe stomped on messi's hand, or his continued acts of aggression? nothing was done then. nothing was done when Mourinho stuck his finger in tito's eye, there was no witch hunt, the media didnt even care to mention it. Yes it was very stupid and red card deserving but what about shoving and slapping, these things happen all the time and there is no witch hunt. I really think fifa/refs should revisit what a foul is, what type of contact/conflict that is allowed because it seems to be different everywhere. in one country its a blatant foul, in another its a meaty challenge. all i'm saying is that it should be clearly identifiable and not left up to interpretation.

BerkeleyBernie

Depends on the strenght of the bite... you can take out a piece of flesh, or make the person bleed. It's a crazy response to frustation, but it is intention to hurt too.

Could be, but if Suarez really wanted to inflict damage, he could have. This was a snap back, intended to cause pain. I've heard of dirty players pinching opponents before, which is pretty much the same pressure/pain, except with the nails, instead of the teeth.

M

maxmss

I believe it's psychological issue. I don't think he is doing that on purpose, it's on subconscious level. Barca should consider medical advice, if in fact therapies will help. Otherwise, he is going to do that again and he will be huge liablity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans