9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomchin

Haha that's a good one (from that Liverpool forum):

BREAKING NEWS: If Luis Suarez is sold to Chelsea, he will be allowed to play for them immediately as the style of play is not deemed football related.

FC B

My position on this is not contingent on where the player plays. If Suarez was a RM player, I would still think he should have been banned 10-15 games from Int play, but that 4 month football ban would have still seemed utterly ridiculous to me.

So do I

Stric

Let me try and make a point here... I understand that dangerous tackles are tangibly worse than this. I also think that some of the bans for terrible moves so far have been too lenient, so it's not as if I think Suarez deserves a more severe ban than the previous ones. I also don't think that a dangerous tackle should be punished less than this. On the contrary, I think all punishments should be stricter than they are now. My point is this... However strange it might be, football is hugely culturally significant. It's a social question.

Professional football players, especially the elite, in which Suarez is definitely included, have a huge responsibility. They have a responsibility towards their country, which they represent on the world stage, which should be an honor and should be taken very seriously, they represent their clubs, and they represent their sponsors. For all three of these they get paid huge amounts of money. I mean HUGE amounts. Football nowadays is essentially a money factory. And last but not least, they have a responsibility towards society. And society is the one who keeps pumping money into that factory.

Football players are directly influencing new generations of kids worldwide. Millions of kids. Go out on the street or to your local football playground and count the number of kids who have hairstyles or boots like famous football players. These kids are the reason why so much money is dealt with in football in the first place. They're the ones who are buying new boots, new club shirts, etc. These kids look up to their idols for everything, and their idols have a responsibility to keep their behavior in order with what's expected of them. For this reason, punishments for behavioral problems should be severe for professional athletes.

If a kid sees a football player do the shit Pepe and Suarez do, and see them get away with it or get away with a lenient punishment, they'll think it's OK and they'll do it themselves. Next thing you know, you'll have a society of complete cretins, and lenience will be the reason for it. You could say that's none of their business (football players), but that's not how it goes. With celebrity comes responsibility and that's the reality. If you have such cultural impact, the responsibility that comes with your actions is larger than that of the regular Joe.

Alik

@beast u are one of the most annoying beings ever born,Busquets didnt step on his head intentionally he just slided the foot over his head while your goalie was pushing him anyways,did u even watch the replay or did u just see the picture.
Man do you have any friends or should i ask can u even relate to anyone in real life with your egomaniacal behaviour mate ? I never responded to your messages,but you just seem to never ever stop with this s***t.
I am sick and tired of you ,keyboard warrior...
Calm down mate.

B

beautifulgame

What bullshit this ban.

Completely ridiculous and a publicity stunt for FIFA. Pure opportunism to cover up their bullshit and also create cleaner image for World Cup for all the English speakers in outrage

F

Flavia

People are taking pics in front of his adidas ads...

BrEBn1OCUAMAe9v.jpg:large

Bertus

I may be wrong but i feel a lot of people who are outraged in this thread about the hammer suarez got would act differently if he was about to sign with RM.

The feeling that they will get a super striker comes above reason and it's as if they would excuse everything because of that.

Again i may be wrong and i hope i'm wrong, but seriously, too many people defend suarez while it's the third time he does that.

He deserves what he got. That doesn't mean he will not sign at barcelona and that's not the problem. He's the only culprit in this story. It's not the medias, it's not the italian, it's not Pepe or RM, he went with this shit all alone and now has to pay for it. There's no scandal.

It's Zincubus arguments redux, if you have a bit of moral you are Mary Poppins.

F

Flavia

That's a point for Lucho. We can play without Suarez until November, we can handle this. His skills are phenomenal and it's worth to buy it and wait.

Yep. Imagine him biting a player in a CL semi, and Barça getting out because of it. The meldown here would be fun.

Bertus

Yep. Imagine him biting a player in a CL semi, and Barça getting out because of it. The meldown here would be fun.

I lost hope this time. He will bite again.

Wonder if people here will defend him like they are doing now when it will happen.

Or no, they will jump on Zubi. That will be Zubi fault. Usual scapegoat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans