9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

iniesta_8

If we sign a player who literally cannot train with the team until October, who has bitten someone on three separate occasions despite receiving bans every time he did so, who isn't even guaranteed to be anything but a gigantic flop... I will be absolutely furious. I'm already unhappy that Cesc left for Rakitic, but this is on a whole different level, a whole hundred different levels of stupidity. Buying Suarez, especially if one of our players is involved in the deal, would be the worst transfer of all time.

on the other hand he would be a lot cheaper now..

JamDav1982

If we sign a player who literally cannot train with the team until October, who has bitten someone on three separate occasions despite receiving bans every time he did so, who isn't even guaranteed to be anything but a gigantic flop... I will be absolutely furious. I'm already unhappy that Cesc left for Rakitic, but this is on a whole different level, a whole hundred different levels of stupidity. Buying Suarez, especially if one of our players is involved in the deal, would be the worst transfer of all time.

No it wouldnt. It would be signing the best CF in the world but taking a risk in doing so.

People in football forget very quickly what players past is when they produce the goods on the pitch.

Devils

on the other hand he would be a lot cheaper now..

But do you really want to risk losing a top quality player like Sanchez for a guy like Suarez who seems to get banned every season for a large number of games?

For me, it's weighing the risk and rewards and the risks associated with signing this guy are just really heavy.

F

Flavia

No it wouldnt. It would be signing the best CF in the world but taking a risk in doing so.

People in football forget very quickly what players past is when they produce the goods on the pitch.

Unfortunately the disciplinary comitees don't forget. Can you imagine what madrid media and rfef would do if/when suarez had one of his episodes?

A huge risk not worth taking, especially considering that we don't need a forward. We certainly don't need one as much as we do a CB or CM.

If we buy Suarez, Sanchez is gone. Meaning we're stuck with Pedro until late October. Suarez can't even train with us until then. So it'll probably take him at least another month or two to gel with the team. On top of all that, if he has another one of his episodes (which he can easily have in the heated atmosphere of a clasico), he'll probably be banned for the season. And let's not forget that his signing will probably cause the board to neglect the more important signings like CB and CM. All for a chance to improve our front line, when Neymar, Messi and Sanchez is already arguably the most talented front line in the world.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

A huge risk not worth taking, especially considering that we don't need a forward. We certainly don't need one as much as we do a CB or CM.

Depends on what Luis Enrique has in mind as the attack and Messi were not at their best last season and that cost probably more than the defence did.

The defence was hit by injuries to Valdes and the CBs towards end of season - the attack had every one fit but was still failing to produce in a lot of games.

Depends on what Luis Enrique has in mind as the attack and Messi were not at their best last season and that cost probably more than the defence did.

The defence was hit by injuries to Valdes and the CBs towards end of season - the attack had every one fit but was still failing to produce in a lot of games.

Why was the defense hit? Because we didn't buy any CBs. Pique's injury would have been less damaging had we bought a CB last summer.

Rumor has it that Enrique is moving Masch back to midfield. Which leaves us with 2 CBs. Meaning we need another 2. And let's not forget that Xavi might leave, so we need a CM as well. But no, let's get a forward when we already have Neymar, Messi and Sanchez :zubi:

JamDav1982

Why was the defense hit? Because we didn't buy any CBs. Pique's injury would have been less damaging had we bought a CB last summer.

Pique was the best CB in the team last season and on top of that Pinto came it a much more unsettled back four. Of course another cb last summer would have helped but it was a poorly performing back four and gk due to injuries.

The attack and Messi were all there and still they were not performing.

It seems teams have come wise on the best way to stop Messi at false nine. There is a need to change the attack as much as there is to sort the defence.

Pique was the best CB in the team last season and on top of that Pinto came it a much more unsettled back four. Of course another cb last summer would have helped but it was a poorly performing back four and gk due to injuries.

The attack and Messi were all there and still they were not performing.

It seems teams have come wise on the best way to stop Messi at false nine. There is a need to change the attack as much as there is to sort the defence.

Our attacking issues are more tactical than personnel based. Our defense on the other hand... well, we have 2 CBs. Pique and Bartra are nowhere near enough.

JamDav1982

Our attacking issues are more tactical than personnel based. Our defense on the other hand... well, we have 2 CBs. Pique and Bartra are nowhere near enough.

What are the tactical issues with the attack?

Enrique appears to think the team needs a CF.

The defence problems last season was not all down to the CBs it was also down to the FBs and the midfield providing little protection.

Most top clubs seem to have 3 cbs and another player that can cover. In theory Barca need one more CB and have Masch to cover. Masch is better than Bartra anyway and a much cb than most on here give him credit for but he would primarily be a DM and could cover at CB if required.

GoobiePls

S♥NE
I don't get why so many still want him all from the assumption that he won't do the same thing in Barca.

What happens if he does something stupid again? Get's banned for months to years, meanwhile you've given away Alexis and like 50mil? You're stuck with Pedro and youngsters, you miss out on trophies and you missed out on other much needed cb signings because most money went to this lunatic.

He did it 3 times already! Listen to House "people don't change".

Vilarrubi

I understand people not wanting him because of this incident.. If the rumours are true that we do want him, do we just let Real buy him? Do we risk Real winning everything for the next few years? Ronaldo/Suarez/Bale scares me I'm not sure about anyone else? He's obviously a 3rd time offender so this situation is worse but if you look at Zidane/Cantona etc everyone forgives them eventually. Also I know a bite is worse and he hasn't learned anything from previous times.. but he was 15 minutes away from his country being knocked out of the World Cup and Chiellini was getting the better of him. It's his will to win what makes him bite but it comes out as aggression like it does in some people. Anyway all I'm saying is do we buy him or do we let Real buy him for him to cause havoc to us and every other defence in Europe. I'd like him on our side if any.. or stay at Liverpool.. but if we don't go for him Real will that's for sure.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Real are not guaranteed to win a shit even with Cristiano - Suarez - Bale. Football is not played with how good the team is on paper.

Jenks

8c6e8f4963930dc1a72ec9372aaebd78.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans