9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Androutsos

Seriously though, only a percentage scale, how likely are we to sign him?

& no typical replies like "100% because our board is shit" cos that is just lame.

Reasons to believe he will snap again with us:
-The heated atmosphere of a clasico and the number of players Madrid have who can wind him up.
-He'll play more big, high pressure games with us than he did with Liverpool (CL, clasicos, etc)
-The Madrid media will be worse to him than the English media.

Reasons to believe he won't:
-Lucho's strong personality
-Being at a team where he's not THE star will humble him a bit. That should help IMO.
-That anti-violence clause we supposedly want in his contract.

Last edited:

Ghosting

Reasons to believe he will snap again with us:
-The heated atmosphere of a clasico and the number of players Madrid have who can wind him up.
-He'll play more big, high pressure games with us than he did with Liverpool
-The Madrid media will be worse to him than the English media.

Reasons to believe he won't:
-Lucho's strong personality
-Being at a team where he's not THE star will humble him a bit. That should help IMO.
-That anti-violence clause we supposedly want in his contract.

All 3 incidents were barely anything to get angry at, now imagine Pepe and Ramos repeatedly fouling him, kicking him maybe some elbows and words when the ref isn't looking, i would be more shocked if Suarez gets through a clasico without biting someone

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
so we are signing this scumbag it seems, sad days for our reputation and what this club values, but hey, at least we will score bazillion goals (except we will concede bazillion goals too)

This is all predicated on whether the deal ultimately does go down or not but reminds me of how much Cesc divided fans before his return to the club...Seemed to evenly split fans down the middle and I got the impression with the Suarez saga it was going to do the same...We'll just have to wait and see how this plays out and whether he's a success in all aspects or a ticking bomb

I was very clear I didn't want Cesc back from the start and with Suarez, I realize the nutter he can be but I see the footballer he is & can be too...I think considering how much the club has deviated from the course set out from Cruyff, Laporta, Pep, Txiki et al that Suarez will either sink things completely or course correct the club's sporting success

I

instinct

Rakitic: "Luis Suarez apologizing? It says a lot about him. He showed he has character. He's a quality player, no matter what the club does

Zubizarreta (sports director): "Luis Suarez? Won't comment as sports director, just saying that it honours him that he apologized."

Zubizarreta: "We all know that Luis Suarez is an excellent goalscorer, but he's a Liverpool player" #fcb

Last edited:

Der Kaiser

Rakitic: "Luis Suarez apologizing? It says a lot about him. He showed he has character. He's a quality player, no matter what the club does

Zubizarreta (sports director): "Luis Suarez? Won't comment as sports director, just saying that it honours him that he apologized."

Zubizarreta: "We all know that Luis Suarez is an excellent goalscorer, but he's a Liverpool player" #fcb

Sounds like the board really wants him now that he's apologized, and are negotiating with liverpool.

Professor Chaos

Something is going on. That's sure. Nobody expects that Barca will say "yes we are trying to get Suarez" but we all know something is happening. I still got hope that will be a swap Sanchez + money for Suarez. If we won't, Real will sign him.

Vilarrubi

Are you guys seriously happy with getting this guy? Look at what kind of Money they want for him? can we not be sensible for a minute?

Most definitely. The price is actually rumoured to be 50m.. What a bargain that would be. (60m left of our budget after)

If you think about it he was perfectly behaved all season at Liverpool.. There will have been staff and coaches telling him to keep his cool and it worked. On the flipside is Uruguay.. I doubt they were doing anything like this for him and as his team were 15 minutes away from going out of the WC he snapped. I believe Barca can control him.

All the Madrid fans were saying "End of an era for Barca" etc.. got to hand it to the board this time if they pull this off, the best out and out striker in the world at the moment.

Also when has football ever been about being sensible? If theres a 10% chance he will bite someone.. and a 90% chance he won't i'll take the chance and watch potentially the best strike force in the world in Messi/Suarez/Neymar. Exciting times for Barca if we get him.. just need a CB then.

SwiftGuyver

Something is going on. That's sure. Nobody expects that Barca will say "yes we are trying to get Suarez" but we all know something is happening. I still got hope that will be a swap Sanchez + money for Suarez. If we won't, Real will sign him.

looks like Real are seriously after Falcao & possibly James Rodríguez though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans