9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost

No our problem last season was breaking down stronger teams.. and becoming prone to them "parking the bus" which in the end saw us knocked out of the Champions League and lose the title.
I would probably say the same if i was a Madrid fan about "Please continue spending..." etc. Imagine pursuing Suarez for a whole year then Barca just sign him LOL
Beast is right.

Bertus

We've spent 44m... so that takes it back down to 109m lol.
That's why I believe Lucho can spend more than 120M.

Or he will have to drop some other transfers he wants like Cuardado.

As i said above, the transfer fees are not decided based on what barcelona has at hands.

I can see Lucho buying Suarez 80M euros, Cuardado 35M euros, and still try to offer PSG 50M before the end of the mercato.

That's not counting if sanchez is part of that 80M euros deal tho.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Don't worry Beast. The CBs will come.

You guys on the other hand, please sell Di Maria, arguably your best player last season and bring in the overrated Toni Kroos. Now that would be amazing.

Bertus

Don't worry Beast. The CBs will come.

You guys on the other hand, please sell Di Maria, arguably your best player last season and bring in the overrated Toni Kroos. That would be amazing.

Mathieu and Lovren

Calling it.

I'm kidding, dont hurt me.

DonAK

Mathieu and Lovren

Calling it.

I'm kidding, dont hurt me.
Mathieu will come for sure. The other one, no one knows. Would be amazing if its Hummels or Benatia, but perhaps thats a tad unrealistic. Its time for the scouting team to do some work and the management to listen and consider. There are plenty of gems out there in the big world of football, but you need to have an eye for talent to see that.

Last year we had the chance to sign Benatia for cheap, but the club and those responsible could not see further than a certain brazilian CB who plays for Paris-Saint German, the team that certainly dont need money. Had we taken a chance then, it could have been much different.

Vilarrubi

Beast is right.

Although our defence was shocking last season what actually decided our season? It was bad tactics and flat play which made us prone to the other team "parking the bus". If you've noticed we haven't actually had a good defence for a few seasons now. Just our attacking always outweighed it. But this season weaker teams and teams like AM parked the bus which ultimately determined our season. (La Liga & Champions League)

Bertus

Mathieu will come for sure. The other one, no one knows. Would be amazing if its Hummels or Benatia, but perhaps thats a tad unrealistic. Its time for the scouting team to do some work and the management to listen and consider. There are plenty of gems out there in the big world of football, but you need to have an eye for talent to see that.

Last year we had the chance to sign Benatia for cheap, but the club and those responsible could not see further than a certain brazilian CB who plays for Paris-Saint German, the team that certainly dont need money. Had we taken a chance then, it could have been much different.

I'd think if anything, Musacchio and Mathieu will come. After all, Messi needs another hometown buddy. :pep:
I actually rate Lucho way higher than retarded zubi so I don't think it will end up like last year.

Sure he will try again with Marquinhos. There's always a chance it can work out even if 0.1% and I'm sure Linetty would love to have my head as trophy after what i said ealier since I don't believe in this transfer at all anymore.

But in the case marquinhos fails to come, I think Lucho will switch target.

I don't believe it will be Benatia tho because i see Chelsea moving faster while Barcelona will still be poking at PSG door.

But whatever, Barcelona will get 2 CBs. Mathieu, sure. The other one, I don't know. But till the end of the mercato I'll give credits to Lucho and believe he's not as retarded as Zubi.

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
But whatever, Barcelona will get 2 CBs. Mathieu, sure. The other one, I don't know. But till the mercato is not finished I'll give credits to Lucho and believe he's not as retarded as Zubi.

We could get Eder Balanta I suppose. IMO, getting both Mathieu and a player of Benatia/Hummels caliber is basically telling Bartra to GTFO, and as such I doubt very much that it'll happen.

DonAK

We could get Eder Balanta I suppose. IMO, getting both Mathieu and a player of Benatia/Hummels caliber is basically telling Bartra to GTFO, and as such I doubt very much that it'll happen.
Nope. Mathieu WILL be 4th CB and 2nd choice LB.

Getting Mathieu as a short term solution and another experienced and top class player like Benatia or Hummels is not shunning Bartra.

Getting another young prospect like Marquinhos is telling Bartra to GTFO.

Bartra can learn a lot from the likes of Benatia and Hummels while polishing his skills. He will still get a lot of chances as 3rd choice CB.

Mathieu will only be here for a few years and then we will promote someone from the academy or buy another young prospect. Till that time, Bartra will have gained valuable experience and become a better player with all the chances of being a serious contender for the starting CB spots.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Zubizarreta (sports director): "Luis Suarez? Won't comment as sports director, just saying that it honours him that he apologized." #fcblive

As a sports director he would answer: "There are only details left." :zubi:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Mathieu will only be here for a few years and then we will promote someone from the academy or buy another young prospect. Till that time, Bartra will have gained valuable experience and become a better player with all the chances of being a serious contender for the starting CB spots.

I guess you do have a point.

That said. Who's to say Bartra won't displace Waka Waka under Lucho. :neymar:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
If Barcelona sign this scumbag, all hope is lost.

If Chiellini can forgive Suarez, then you can too. What's with the name calling? You don't know Suarez. You don't know what he's been through. You don't know why he does what he does. Frankly you have no right to accuse Suarez of being a scumbag. Matuidi broke that Nigerian player's ankle in a tackle. Isn't that worse than what Suarez did? But no, you'll say it's just part of the game. If we sign Suarez, then you can count on Barcelona returning to its former glory as Kings of Europe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans