9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Weren't we heavily linked with Suarez a couple of years back?

Not a fan of Luis's cuntness/diving but imagine a Mr.Sex/Messi/Suarez frontline.

Holy fucking shit you shouldn't be allowed to watch that shit if your under 21...

41799_69000706896_2051006_n.jpg

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
he wouldn't fit in at all. where would he play? as a wing-forward? he doesn't peel wide like Villa was prone to, he does nearly all his best work within the width of the box, so why bring him in to play wide? it'd be like bringing in a less talented more consistent and cunty version of Aguero. a superb player, for sure, but not a fit for the way we play.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Suarez is a better and smarter passer than Aguero. He might lack his skill but he's a much more intelligent player.

Suarez is plenty effective away from the box, he was at Ajax before they got rid of Cuntelaar, he has been at times for Uruguay.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Suarez doesn't quite have Villa's work rate at this point in his career, but back when Villa played for a team where he was more important, he couldn't afford to track back as much either. The fact that Suarez tracks back at all for a team like Liverpool where he is the only worthwhile attacking player of note says a lot for his effort and ability on both ends.

Aguero is nothing like that.

DucdeOrléans

Suarez is a better and smarter passer than Aguero. He might lack his skill but he's a much more intelligent player.

Suarez is plenty effective away from the box, he was at Ajax before they got rid of Cuntelaar, he has been at times for Uruguay.

This. Suárez has played on the "wing" in a 4-3-3 plenty of times in Ajax.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Suarez = work rate of Villa + more consistency + less offsides + more cuntness... likey likey

Agreed, all but the cuntness...I suppose that's an aspect of this side that is lacking but I have never liked it regardless of club...There's a degree of selling one's self to the devil in supporting a player like that here, IMHO...I like admiring him from afar and not at the capital club

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper

not in the box, within the width of the box. it's a horizontal issue, not a vertical one.

that is why I brought up Aguero, he's also a player that does his work in a central area. and we already have The Best Player in The World to do that, and then Asexis backing him up if he got injured. so regardless of the superb quality of these guys, they are a poor fit for our team.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
you look at players like Asexis and Pedro, and you see guys who regularly work their magic around the edges of the width of the box, and even beyond that in genuine wide areas. they can operate centrally, but primarily they don't, and that is why they are such a superb fit with Messi. even Villa has always peeled left and done well cutting in from that flank - so has been able to play well with Messi.

part of Argentina's problem is the inability to understand this, all their players clog the middle, which brings the defence all collapsing down onto a small area, making it impassable. hence Messi's struggling to have an impact as he is constantly having to try and negotiate his way past 6 defenders at the least.

Barcilliant

Luis Suarez is a fuckin SMART player and would fit into Barca EASILY. He has alot of footballing intelligence, very good skill and a bit of a dirty streak too. There is no written law which says our players have to be saints (Alves, Busquets, Mascherano???).

E

estranged

I don't care if a player in my club is a cunt or not as long as he performs on the pitch, anyway I don't get how this guy would fit in at Barca? he's slow, no vision, has a shit first touch and mediocre technique. I'd much rather keep a misfiring Villa up front rather than Suarez, Villa (even in his current form) is superior in almost every aspect. suarez is best off in the EPL and even better in a team like Liverpool, if people think he can stand out in a team like Real or Barca they're very much mistaken IMO.

This. Suárez has played on the "wing" in a 4-3-3 plenty of times in Ajax.

yea but that Ajax (don't know about them now) would get trampled by Swansea if they were too play each other, basically they were extremely shit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans