9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Watch the video, then tell me he can't pass...

https://youtu.be/8QmeiOc0vsM

He can't pass.....like the average Barca player.

There is absolutely nothing special about that video (I had already seen it before). Again, I never said his passing is Sunday league level. It's just not on the same level as Barca players have (going back atleast close to the start of the century).

But of course a Liverpool fan and EPL follower like you will never understand.

jj_101

He can't pass.....like the average Barca player.

There is absolutely nothing special about that video (I had already seen it before). Again, I never said his passing is Sunday league level. It's just not on the same level as Barca players have (going back atleast close to the start of the century).

But of course a Liverpool fan and EPL follower like you will never understand.
Suarez passes the ball to create a goal. Other Barca players pass the ball for the hell of it. So I guess you are right. He doesn't pass like the average Barca player.

footyfan

Calma, calma
damn you snarky

Sorry, I am never like that, but I had to be in this case. Every single one of jj_101's posts on this forum has been on this thread, and he is continually defending Suarez when there is no need to, on multiple occasions using sarcasm to put down other members who do not portray Suarez in a positive light.

jj_101

Sorry, I am never like that, but I had to be in this case. Every single one of jj_101's posts on this forum has been on this thread, and he is continually defending Suarez when there is no need to, on multiple occasions using sarcasm to put down other members who do not portray Suarez in a positive light.

I don't need to defend Suarez. He can do that on his own. What gets to me is the Jekyll and Hyde posts from week to week. I follow many teams and many leagues, but this place is nuts when it comes to supporting (?) It's own players. I don't have anything bad to say about any player of a team I support. After all I'm supposed to be supporting the team. I like Liverpool, but I'm not particularly an EPL fanatic. I'm Uruguayan. My father played for Penarol and Liverpool (Montevideo).

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
I don't need to defend Suarez. He can do that on his own. What gets to me is the Jekyll and Hyde posts from week to week. I follow many teams and many leagues, but this place is nuts when it comes to supporting (?) It's own players. I don't have anything bad to say about any player of a team I support. After all I'm supposed to be supporting the team. I like Liverpool, but I'm not particularly an EPL fanatic. I'm Uruguayan. My father played for Penarol and Liverpool (Montevideo).

Its suppose to be a forum where everybody discusses and is also free to criticize whomever they want. The standards are pretty high here, atleast in terms of passing. Just get used to it.

Kerrybai

Legend, what a game and what a player.

He will never be a natural Barca player (passing) but this guy is exactly what we need to transform our team.

footyfan

Calma, calma

Well, I definitely agree with you there though. Just remember that the fans who critique him and those who constantly sing his praises are two separate groups who pick the right times to post their opinions. It's not like the same person keeps changing their opinion one game to the next.

Devils

I just watched his goals again and his first goal is the definition of world class.

Suarez is the world's most elite striker and he showed it today. Unbelievable how good he is.

I was looking at his stats this season and he scored 18 goals in 33 appearances. Our last striker, David Villa, scored 23 goals in 52 appearances in his first season at Barca.

For his first season, Suarez has been absolutely phenomenal.

StarLord

I just watched his goals again and his first goal is the definition of world class.

Suarez is the world's most elite striker and he showed it today. Unbelievable how good he is.

I was looking at his stats this season and he scored 18 goals in 33 appearances. Our last striker, David Villa, scored 23 goals in 52 appearances in his first season at Barca.

He has already scored more crucial goals that David Villa did. And there is still way to go still.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
david-luiz-reuters_2968788b.jpg

SUAREZ-LAUGHING.jpg

aondoe

Well stated. He is unreal. Both goals made my jaw drop. What a BEAST.

Lionel Messi

From every football team we have the most fickle fans in the world. The meltdown in these threads is disgusting, you guys praise him as being the best striker in the world one week and then say he's not worth 70m the next week. It's pathetic.
Point proven, you guys need to learn no matter how expensive the player is he is going to have bad games now and again unless his name is Lionel Messi who is great 99% of games. Don't get on their backs saying we shouldn't have signed him when he has a bad game and then sing his praises 3 days laters.. it's crazy.

Also another point Suarez takes the most risks after leo in this team, those nutmegs you saw today, he tries that every game but when it doesn't come off it makes him look "sloppy" as described in this thread but when it does you get world class goals like today. He likes to lay the ball off quickly and always play a dangerous pass which again might make it look like he's a poor passer while he really isn't but just has a different style/vision when it comes to passing. We can't have 9 players who take no risks+Leo.. now we have two players Neymar and Suarez who can consistently decide games on their own, they deserve this freedom to take risks and with that there's going to be poor games too because what they try isn't easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans