9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

el chilenito

Suarez is an asshole, brilliant footballer but no class at all, "Those who claim Uruguay played badly should remember we have won 15 Copa America titles. Chile should look at their own country who have no titles". That statement just undermines the the effort of chile dominance in the match who deservely won. It reminds me of real madrid fans when barca won the cl, when they say so? We have more titles etc", those statements are immature. For the record I do think jara should be punished as well and that vidal shouldnt even be playing but that doesnt take anything away from the actual acheivement of this victory, Chile dominated and uruguay did in fact play bad on that night, cavini no shots at all, chile total shots 15 to uruguays 6, in fact had more shots on target(7) than uruguay total shots in the match, 4 times more passes, nearly 7 times more completed passes 556 to 82 and possession of 80% to 20%. Btw in the last copa america uruguay failed to win chile as well. Suarez comments just sound bitter and unprofessional.

barcanuck

Suarez is an asshole, brilliant footballer but no class at all, "Those who claim Uruguay played badly should remember we have won 15 Copa America titles. Chile should look at their own country who have no titles". That statement just undermines the the effort of chile dominance in the match who deservely won. It reminds me of real madrid fans when barca won the cl, when they say so? We have more titles etc", those statements are immature. For the record I do think jara should be punished as well and that vidal shouldnt even be playing but that doesnt take anything away from the actual acheivement of this victory, Chile dominated and uruguay did in fact play bad on that night, cavini no shots at all, chile total shots 15 to uruguays 6, in fact had more shots on target(7) than uruguay total shots in the match, 4 times more passes, nearly 7 times more completed passes 556 to 82 and possession of 80% to 20%. Btw in the last copa america uruguay failed to win chile as well. Suarez comments just sound bitter and unprofessional.

Hey cmon cut him a break he wanted to be there! And he is stating the facts 15 titles to 0. What's the big deal. 0 is a big one. Barca vs Real at least it's a close race. 15-0 is nothing.

el chilenito

He said it in a way that is demeaning,that chile are nothing cause they havent won the copa america yet, it belittles a match which was important to us and that we dominated. People use that same critisism to belittle messi saying he never won the world cup so he will never be considered the best footballer ever, or even netherlands just because they never won a world cup. it does not mean that are are any less of a quality side. Those arguments that just validiate titles with superiorty is flawed and immaturity, its the same things that chelsea fans use. he didnt even comment on the match, instead just focusing on the past, he didnt critisize the way uruguay were dominated and the cynical fouls that could have ended players careers instead bringing up titles in a bid to say we will always be better nevermind the results on hand.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

He said it in a way that is demeaning,that chile are nothing cause they havent won the copa america yet, it belittles a match which was important to us and that we dominated. People use that same critisism to belittle messi saying he never won the world cup so he will never be considered the best footballer ever, or even netherlands just because they never won a world cup. it does not mean that are are any less of a quality side. Those arguments that just validiate titles with superiorty is flawed and immaturity, its the same things that chelsea fans use. he didnt even comment on the match, instead just focusing on the past, he didnt critisize the way uruguay were dominated and the cynical fouls that could have ended players careers instead bringing up titles in a bid to say we will always be better nevermind the results on hand.

Who cares If he's bad loser, you won!! Enjoy!

Irish_Cules

That's just the way Suarez thinks about football. You have to love that about him. It's all about winning for him. No doubt he was at home shouting at the Chile players on his tv.

Observer

Banned
Hey cmon cut him a break he wanted to be there! And he is stating the facts 15 titles to 0. What's the big deal. 0 is a big one. Barca vs Real at least it's a close race. 15-0 is nothing.

I laugh when Uruguayans pull their Cups card.

13 out of 15 won when 4 teams played the Cup & 2 WC in black & white. The only respectable thing is Maracanazo.

Luis has only been involved in 1, was not even the goal scorer or best player (Forlan was in '11) and what a mediocre Cup was that.

He's a great player but a sore loser that talks too much about things he has not earned.

Last edited:

jj_101

Suarez is bitter and unprofessional (unlike your man Jara), and you go off yakking about shots on goal and possession in one game. Jog your memory a little. Suarez put four past your lot in one game. Best you keep quiet and enjoy the limited success of your team.

jj_101

13 out of 15 won when 4 teams played the Cup & 2 WC in black & white. The only respectable thing is Maracanazo.

Luis has only been involved in 1, was not even the goal scorer or best player (Forlan was in '11) and what a mediocre Cup was that.

He's a great player but a sore loser that talks too much about things he has not earned.

You don't know what you are talking about. You're a sore winner. You can't even win one game and be respectful.

Last edited:

barcanuck

I'm not Uruguyan and I know Uruguay has alot of black and white history. But they are a nation of 3 million people. This makes it even more impressive that they achieved so much. Chile bragging like they won the match like cowboys pisses me off especially when the Conembol is so obviously biased to the host nation. Paving their way to the final, staying in Sanitago the whole knock out stage, easy red card to Cavani for getting his butt grabbed. Chile should be thankful they have the backing of Conembol on this one. Oh and Uruguay's all time top scorer Suarez is suspended. If Chile didn't win that match it would of been a sham. Chile is in the final already and that's cool but don't act like world beaters.

el chilenito

Suarez is bitter and unprofessional (unlike your man Jara), and you go off yakking about shots on goal and possession in one game. Jog your memory a little. Suarez put four past your lot in one game. Best you keep quiet and enjoy the limited success of your team.
Never have i said suarez isnt a brilliant footballer, if you even care to read prior comments on him i have brought up the fact many time that he scored 4 against us. also in my comment you quoted i also said jara should be punished, and that vidal should not play but i guess you only read certain things while disregarding others things. i think you are clearly missing the point.just like in that game where uruguay scored 4 i can admit uruguay were the better team, it should only be fair that suarez should say that chile were the better team in this match instead of just belittling the match like it was nothing like he and what you are doing now. I dont get how you are so adamant in trying to defend his comments and as just demeaning the importance of this match even though you are not uruguay or even chilean? He criticised a nation for not winning titles making it seem as a insult, he could have commented on the jara incident etc or the way uruguay didnt try to attack as they are capable of instead opting just to bring up titles and demean this victory which meant alot to us, netherlands are pretty much in the same boat as us, play quality attacking football but never won world cup etc, it doesnt take anything away from the quality of the side, same as how chile played that night.

Last edited:

el chilenito

I'm not Uruguyan and I know Uruguay has alot of black and white history. But they are a nation of 3 million people. This makes it even more impressive that they achieved so much. Chile bragging like they won the match like cowboys pisses me off especially when the Conembol is so obviously biased to the host nation. Paving their way to the final, staying in Sanitago the whole knock out stage, easy red card to Cavani for getting his butt grabbed. Chile should be thankful they have the backing of Conembol on this one. Oh and Uruguay's all time top scorer Suarez is suspended. If Chile didn't win that match it would of been a sham. Chile is in the final already and that's cool but don't act like world beaters.
I dont get all this hatred towards Chile, you are not even uruguayan so I dont see how that victory affects you. Why does celebrating a victory piss you off? We did in fact beat a world class team and not only that we completely dominated them, uruguay always had the upper hand when it comes to matches between them and us and in this instance we are happy that we won, thats all, all nations celebrate when they win a quality opposition or a rival. By the way Chile is indeed capable of beating the best teams out there, spain in the world cup,england at wembley, toe to toe with brazil and that victory against uruguay that night.

barcanuck

I dont get all this hatred towards Chile, you are not even uruguayan so I dont see how that victory affects you. Why does celebrating a victory piss you off? We did in fact beat a world class team and not only that we completely dominated them, uruguay always had the upper hand when it comes to matches between them and us and in this instance we are happy that we won, thats all, all nations celebrate when they win a quality opposition or a rival. By the way Chile is indeed capable of beating the best teams out there, spain in the world cup,england at wembley, toe to toe with brazil and that victory against uruguay that night.

It's the Suarez thread so I won't continue too much banter. I just think Chile got help from the refs all tournament and without Suarez it's expected you guys beat Uruguay without that cheating Jara's ass poke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans