9 - Robert Lewandowski

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Villareal made to the semi finals also. lol. And then they were relegated.
Fc Porto even won the CL. Random numbers like you give mean nothing. No need to hype Bundesliga. It´s not Handball we are talking about.

Thank you for proving my point without even realizing it.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Indeed... so far they always managed to make up for their losses, but getting a good striker will be very tough. Too bad, I hope they'll find someone.

I have faith in Klopp and the scouting department at BVB, they will survive the blow and turn around. That said, it will be very hard for them to keep up with Bayern in the coming years. I just hope that they will be good enough on the CL stage so they will attract players who plan on sticking around longer so that BVB will finally be among the established like the other CL teams, instead of being another breeding ground for Bayern and other teams.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Klopp will eventually go to a bigger club for sure imo. He is the hottest coach that would be available I would imagine this summer.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Twas their own undoing though regarding Lewandowski. The would have easily gotten 25 millions for him, which combined with the massive amount of money they got from the CL and for Götze, could have been used for a Lewandowski replacement. I don't think Lewandowski alone will secure them this much money in this season's CL, what a guy like Jackson Martinez (a realistic successor, I believe) couldn'T have done instead.
Ofc they would had to rebuild to an even greater extend than they already had to. But what they did was delay they inevitable, while making a bad business decision.

It is not always about business. Clubs and their fans have pride. After the Goetze episode, do you seriously expect them to just sell Lewandowski to Bayern, just to maximize their return? BVB fans would have stormed their front office.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Klopp will eventually go to a bigger club for sure imo. He is the hottest coach that would be available I would imagine this summer.

I didn't get the vibes from him that he is leaving any time soon. He is a fighter and he will fight on.

Thats why he just recently extended his contract until 2018 and u can be sure he was well aware that Lewa ll leave. Klopp is totally committed to his project Dortmund and nothing can lure him away. He ll make Dortmund a top club not moving to one.

http://translate.google.co.in/trans...kel_klopp-verlaengert-bis-2018.html&sandbox=1

"It's unusual to extend the contract two and a half years prior to the expiration of the original contract," Klopp said at the press conference: "But I wanted to set an example." The former Mainz emphasized the close relationship with the club. "Borussia Dortmund has become our club, definitely."

He also said its a "sign to the players." For both the current as well as potential new entrants. "Now the players know for sure, that our project is not over yet

http://translate.google.co.in/trans...ert-mit-Trainer-Klopp-bis-2018.html&sandbox=1

Last edited:
R

Ryu Hayabusa

It is not always about business. Clubs and their fans have pride. After the Goetze episode, do you seriously expect them to just sell Lewandowski to Bayern, just to maximize their return? BVB fans would have stormed their front office.

Nah, many BVB fans are not exactly stupid (some however really are...). I think, if Fratzke would had explained to them why they had to sell Lewandowski as well, they would have understood. Also they were pissed already. I don't think they would have gone more berzerk than they already did.
As a club, sometimes you have to swallow your pride and start making smart decisions, if you want to compete in the long run.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Nah, many BVB fans are not exactly stupid (some however really are...). I think, if Fratzke would had explained to them why they had to sell Lewandowski as well, they would have understood. Also they were pissed already. I don't think they would have gone more berzerk than they already did.
As a club, sometimes you have to swallow your pride and start making smart decisions, if you want to compete in the long run.

It is easier said than done. If it was Bayern that was in this situation, I would not be surprised if the vast majority of the Bayern fans would rather give up the guy for free than forking him over to your biggest rival and competitor immediately after they have just snatched the biggest talent Bayern and Germany have ever seen away from you.

In hindsight, it wasnt the worst decision to keep him, as he was the most consistent player for Dortmund 1st half of the season and elementary for reaching round of last 16.

If Dortmund would have found a suitable replacement, then they maybe would have changed their mind..the market was crazy inflated though and their pride also played a role I guess. They tried everything to sell him abroad, but he simple refused and then time ran out and they needed to make a decision.

There r so many talents in Germany, that it ll be easy for the Klopp/Zorc/Watzke combo to find proper replacements. I m sure Volland tops their list, as he would be perfect and they ll add some more talents maybe Ginter, Mitrovic. The income of Dortmund is rising so fast so the money is definitely there, they just have to increase their wage payments to finally offer adequate contracts..4-5m gross is a joke for such coveted players they have to up it to 7-8 in the near future.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

It is easier said than done. If it was Bayern that was in this situation, I would not be surprised if the vast majority of the Bayern fans would rather give up the guy for free than forking him over to your biggest rival and competitor immediately after they have just snatched the biggest talent Bayern and Germany have ever seen away from you.

Well, the difference is, Bayern doesn't need to sell players. Also we don't really see the BVB as rival. They are the toughest competitor domestically, sure, but no rivals.

Galning

Another one for my list of annoying shites: Lewandowski.. if you want to leave just go but don't join Bayern man. Such a classless thing to do towards Dortmund, still not as bad as Götze though.

AfricanBavarian

Saw this on an Arsenal forum.....
I don't see much difference between what Bayern are doing and what Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool and mainly United did.

I think it's better that you have a one team league with 4 CL spots so anyone can have a shot at becoming sustainable and successful rather than a set in stone top four that all massively out-finance all the other teams meaning they never get a look in.

One team is never untouchable. Bayern have been the biggest club in Germany forever and plenty of teams have toppled them over the years, even if they can't maintain it long term the way Bayern have. If a team manages to beat Madrid though, there's still a good chance they'll finish below Barcelona on 97 points.

Germany is doing great. I don't think any country is producing talent at the rate they are and Bayern can't have them all. Dortmund could maintain themselves as the second team in Germany, just like we maintained ourselves as the second team in England from around 1997-2004ish.

If you're going to sob for Dortmund losing top players like Lewa and Gotze to bigger teams, why not sob for Monchengladbach who had to lose their best player for his release clause to Dortmund at the start of last season? It's just the way shit goes.

Alarcón

It's true that this is just the way it goes but Bayern are constantly, intentionally buying players from their temporarily biggest contenders so that they have less competition and I even dare say they prefer players from their rivals over better options from other countries. Besides, it is laughable how Hoeness said he didn't want Germany to become like Spain and then goes on to buy Götze just 1 week later.

People are always talking about how every big club in every country does that but if we're being honest, such conditions are only existent in Germany. You have too many rivalries and too many teams on a fairly similar level in other top leagues for something like that to happen. Bayern can buy players from each of their competitors because none of them is as consistent as them and whatever happens, everyone knows that they'll eventually be at the top again, so every German player wants to end up there.

I don't mean to condemn that but comments from Hoeness about that particular subject or about how other clubs make their way to the top show just how much of a hypocrite he is.

But I think that subject has already been discussed a lot so no need to engage any further... everyone has their opinion on that and nobody will change their mind, depends of course on your allegiance with that particular club.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
In hindsight, it wasnt the worst decision to keep him, as he was the most consistent player for Dortmund 1st half of the season and elementary for reaching round of last 16.

If Dortmund would have found a suitable replacement, then they maybe would have changed their mind..the market was crazy inflated though and their pride also played a role I guess. They tried everything to sell him abroad, but he simple refused and then time ran out and they needed to make a decision.

There r so many talents in Germany, that it ll be easy for the Klopp/Zorc/Watzke combo to find proper replacements. I m sure Volland tops their list, as he would be perfect and they ll add some more talents maybe Ginter, Mitrovic. The income of Dortmund is rising so fast so the money is definitely there, they just have to increase their wage payments to finally offer adequate contracts..4-5m gross is a joke for such coveted players they have to up it to 7-8 in the near future.

Aren't both Volland and Ginter targets for Bayern already??

In the end, it doesn't matter which talent BVB, Schalke, Leverkusen etc. signs, if these Buli clubs don't build themselves up and manage to retain these talent, they will just serve as another stop on the way for these talent to go to Bayern and elsewhere.

Home of Barca Fans