9 - Robert Lewandowski

AfricanBavarian

It's true that this is just the way it goes but Bayern are constantly, intentionally buying players from their temporarily biggest contenders so that they have less competition and I even dare say they prefer players from their rivals over better options from other countries. Besides, it is laughable how Hoeness said he didn't want Germany to become like Spain and then goes on to buy Götze just 1 week later.

People are always talking about how every big club in every country does that but if we're being honest, such conditions are only existent in Germany. You have too many rivalries and too many teams on a fairly similar level in other top leagues for something like that to happen. Bayern can buy players from each of their competitors because none of them is as consistent as them and whatever happens, everyone knows that they'll eventually be at the top again, so every German player wants to end up there.

I don't mean to condemn that but comments from Hoeness about that particular subject or about how other clubs make their way to the top show just how much of a hypocrite he is.

But I think that subject has already been discussed a lot so no need to engage any further... everyone has their opinion on that and nobody will change their mind, depends of course on your allegiance with that particular club.

I agree but to be honest European football is an unfair game already where only a few teams can challenge for top honors. What Bayern are doing doesnt change what is already their....

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Well, the difference is, Bayern doesn't need to sell players. Also we don't really see the BVB as rival. They are the toughest competitor domestically, sure, but no rivals.

Rivals or not (I know the perpetual rival for them is Schalke), Bayern is their biggest competitor these days domestically. Semantics. The point is to put yourself in their shoes.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Besides, it is laughable how Hoeness said he didn't want Germany to become like Spain and then goes on to buy Götze just 1 week later.

Hey there had to be a reason Bayern decided to help BvB out of bankruptcy. Besides, Hoeness didn't lie. La Liga is a duopoly, Hoeness wants a monopoly in the Bundesliga. :pep:

Barcilliant

I agree but to be honest European football is an unfair game already where only a few teams can challenge for top honors. What Bayern are doing doesnt change what is already their....

At least in Europe there isn't ONE team that dominates the CL. There are many teams who could win the CL. PSG & City are certain contenders. Bayern just have to worry about the CL. The domestic league is a JOKE. EPL fans go on about La Liga but there are 3 teams fighting it out. In Germany Bayern are rolling over everyone and weakening Dortmund.

I like Lewa but really he has to be a piece of shit to go to Bayern. He could have had his pick of any club in the world. Instead he thumbed Dortmund in the eye by moving there. I am beginning to dislike Bayern a lot. On the same level as Chelsea and RM.

AfricanBavarian

At least in Europe there isn't ONE team that dominates the CL. There are many teams who could win the CL. PSG & City are certain contenders. Bayern just have to worry about the CL. The domestic league is a JOKE. EPL fans go on about La Liga but there are 3 teams fighting it out. In Germany Bayern are rolling over everyone and weakening Dortmund.

I like Lewa but really he has to be a piece of shit to go to Bayern. He could have had his pick of any club in the world. Instead he thumbed Dortmund in the eye by moving there. I am beginning to dislike Bayern a lot. On the same level as Chelsea and RM.

CL football is all that matters these days to be honest. Thats why EPL fans stress on making it to the top four like its a trophy. Thanks to the huge amount of money in CL football and the amount of star talent a team can attract with it Domestic titles have taken a back seat.

Barcilliant

It's true that this is just the way it goes but Bayern are constantly, intentionally buying players from their temporarily biggest contenders so that they have less competition and I even dare say they prefer players from their rivals over better options from other countries. Besides, it is laughable how Hoeness said he didn't want Germany to become like Spain and then goes on to buy Götze just 1 week later.

People are always talking about how every big club in every country does that but if we're being honest, such conditions are only existent in Germany. You have too many rivalries and too many teams on a fairly similar level in other top leagues for something like that to happen. Bayern can buy players from each of their competitors because none of them is as consistent as them and whatever happens, everyone knows that they'll eventually be at the top again, so every German player wants to end up there.

I don't mean to condemn that but comments from Hoeness about that particular subject or about how other clubs make their way to the top show just how much of a hypocrite he is.

But I think that subject has already been discussed a lot so no need to engage any further... everyone has their opinion on that and nobody will change their mind, depends of course on your allegiance with that particular club.

Hoeness is a tax dodging hypocrite. Funny how Bayern are always badmouthing teams like PSG, City, Chelsea etc but they indulge in the same kind of skulduggery.

Barcilliant

CL football is all that matters these days to be honest. Thats why EPL fans stress on making it to the top four like its a trophy. Thanks to the huge amount of money in CL football and the amount of star talent a team can attract with it Domestic titles have taken a back seat.

I have to agree with you on this but the domestic league is the base on which most clubs stand on.

AfricanBavarian

I have to agree with you on this but the domestic league is the base on which most clubs stand on.

Your right it is the base but like a tree it eventually branches out to bigger and better things and at the moment that is UCL football. Thats why the likes of Bale move to RM and Neymar to Barca....

AfricanBavarian

Hoeness is a tax dodging hypocrite. Funny how Bayern are always badmouthing teams like PSG, City, Chelsea etc but they indulge in the same kind of skulduggery.

Not even close when Chelsea and Man C have spent nearly £800m on transfer fees alone in the past ten years. That is quite appalling by many standards. Lol especially RM at around £900m :lol:

Corruption

w18yfn.jpg

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Saw this on an Arsenal forum.....

How is any one horse league better than a 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6-horse league? Anyone has a shot at becoming sustainable and successful? Sure overall Bundesliga is the healthiest league financially, but that does not necessarily translate into sustainability and success for the clubs. The likes of Braunschweig, Nürnberg, Freiburg etc. will never have a shot at anything. Balance-sheet and debt-wise they might be doing great, but talent and competitiveness-wise they are just the bottom feeders. The title is out of reach for them, let's not kid ourselves.

Last edited:

coura

Banned
How is any one horse league better than a 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6-horse league? Anyone has a shot at becoming sustainable and successful? Sure overall Bundesliga is the healthiest league financially, but that does not necessarily translate into sustainability and success for the clubs. The likes of Braunschweig, Nürnberg, Freiburg etc. will never have a shot at anything. Balance-sheet and debt-wise they might be doing great, but talent and competitiveness-wise they are just the bottom feeders. The title is out of the reach for them, let's not kid ourselves.

EPL clubs are healthiest. Any midtable club buys a 10M player easily. I don´t see that in any other country. Pablo Osvaldo to Southampton is just 1 of dozens of examples.

Most of German clubs are very weak and shitty in terms of quality.

Home of Barca Fans