9 - Robert Lewandowski

Kul_z

Have you ever heard actual rap? I presume not because you seem to have only heard mumble rap which is just a dumb teenage creation that spawned over the past few years.

Have you ever heard guys like Nas, Rakim, Tupac, actual pioneers of the genre? You should try and explore other cultures to yours properly. Listen to some real shit and you'll likely enjoy it.

The new school rap over the past few years that is either about gang banging, drugs or mumble rap sucks, but before that there is decades long history of this stuff with amazing quality and actual meaning. Should listen to that before judging the scene based on Juice wrld.

Yeah, i had a phase of those mentioned. They were good, but to be honest finding meaning from 20-ish year old rappers from 90's from america ghetto's is also futile. I realized that young revolted kids like tupac more because of the lyrics that they think they can relate or understand, as people grow older they are more in biggie bracket. Biggie's tunes is where the body moves.

ajnotkeith

Yeah, i had a phase of those mentioned. They were good, but to be honest finding meaning from 20-ish year old rappers from 90's from america ghetto's is also futile. I realized that young revolted kids like tupac more because of the lyrics that they think they can relate or understand, as people grow older they are more in biggie bracket. Biggie's tunes is where the body moves.

Another great. If you don't know now you know...

I'm not saying everyone has to listen to it and like it, but saying its just shitty mumbling that only teenage white kids listen to is pretty disrespectful to a genre that's produced some of the best and most popular musicians of our time.

Kul_z

Another great. If you don't know now you know...

I'm not saying everyone has to listen to it and like it, but saying its just shitty mumbling that only teenage white kids listen to is pretty disrespectful to a genre that's produced some of the best and most popular musicians of our time.

Nah, if something is good, its good. There isnt person on the planet that can convince me that they cant sit through hypnotize, next episode, california love, gravel pit, that are classics and everybody loves to hear it, same as paranoid from black sabbath, like a virgin from madonna or mj thriller. Some things are classics, not saying god tier music but nothing against it.

Gnidrologist

disrespectful to a genre that's produced some of the best and most popular musicians of our time
Come on, man. That's not how you evaluate music or any other art. "Most popular of our time" is decided by bigwig producers munching on cigars in their Newyourk penthouse offices and then shoving down the throats of oblivious plebs through mass media. It has nothing to do with quality and rap is what it is. Guys talking fast in bad language on top of menacing oompha-ooompha bass beat that wannabe bad asses drum through their car stereos. This genre is a bottom barrel stuff of all the music blacks alone have produced in the US through the last century. Fact that it's being pushed so hard and people are not knowing any better only shows how culturally decadent this culture has become. People were listening to likes of John Coltrain and Miles Davis as a contemporary 'popular' music not even a century ago and now this is "one of the best".Smh.

Blackened

Where I come from, most people who listen to Rap music are black people and teenagers who pretend to be tough/cool and so enthusiasm for the gangsta-culture. Most white folks listen to Rock/Heavy metal. Metallica, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Pantera, Sepulta, etc...

iniestaGOAT

Where I come from, most people who listen to Rap music are black people and teenagers who pretend to be tough/cool and so enthusiasm for the gangsta-culture. Most white folks listen to Rock/Heavy metal. Metallica, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Pantera, Sepulta, etc...

Wanna be gangstas listen to rap

Wanna be devil worshippers, loners and other such losers listen to metal

Normal people listen to everything else

Laplacian

Have you ever heard actual rap? I presume not because you seem to have only heard mumble rap which is just a dumb teenage creation that spawned over the past few years.

Have you ever heard guys like Nas, Rakim, Tupac, actual pioneers of the genre? You should try and explore other cultures to yours properly. Listen to some real shit and you'll likely enjoy it.

The new school rap over the past few years that is either about gang banging, drugs or mumble rap sucks, but before that there is decades long history of this stuff with amazing quality and actual meaning. Should listen to that before judging the scene based on Juice wrld.

Yeah man, modern rap sucks. Old rap was the shieettt! Back when it wasn't about gang banging, drugs...!!!!!!!

Oh wait,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41qC3w3UUkU

How can someone like "old school" hip hop, Tupac, Biggie, NAS, and then turn around and talk shit about "gangster culture." You do know hip hop culture is intertwined with it, since the very beginning, right? Crime, and thus gang banging, for inner-city black Americans was what they experienced on a daily basis. Biggie, Tupac, N.W.A, Snoop Dog, and so on...a lot of them were involved in fucked up criminal circles. The "gangster rap" is the sort of music that portrayed their experiences. It still is for contemporary rappers.

Last edited:

Blackened

If you are saying there are lots of metal Listeners in here I wouldn't be surprised at all

Place is filled with incels, virgins and cartoons.

I meant the country I live in. Lewy was rated 91 in the new Fifa game. The best player currently alongside Mbappe, Leo, Benzema and De Bruyne.

ajnotkeith

Yeah man, modern rap sucks. Old rap was the shieettt! Back when it wasn't about gang banging, drugs...!!!!!!!

Oh wait,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41qC3w3UUkU

How can someone like "old school" hip hop, Tupac, Biggie, NAS, and then turn around and talk shit about "gangster culture." You do know hip hop culture is intertwined with it, since the very beginning, right? Crime, and thus gang banging, for inner-city black Americans was what they experienced on a daily basis. Biggie, Tupac, N.W.A, Snoop Dog, and so on...a lot of them were involved in fucked up criminal circles. The "gangster rap" is the sort of music that portrayed their experiences. It still is for contemporary rappers.
Idk how many of Nas's songs you have listened to but he is one of the rappers most about empowerment of youth you can find anywhere.

A lot of them were involved in criminal circles but rapped about how they rose up out of it, encouraging kids to make the right choices (see Nas I can) etc.

Tupac had a lot of songs like that but he also had songs displaying the struggle of the poor, about inner city youths and the troubles they and he grew up in, which is why I made the comment about meaning.

Just because some of them were tied to gang culture doesn't mean they couldn't make meaningful rap, in fact, as you state, it is literally what gave their rap meaning. Some intended as lessons for the younger generation and kids who grew up like them. Many good genres were born out of struggle and times of difficulty...

New school mumble rap is clearly different to these artists I've listed, the new age rapping is just guys co opting these stories and these struggles and making a mockery out of them, with terrible music as well. But like you said the guys I listed are authentic and sometimes had great messages in their songs as well.

Last edited:

Laplacian

Idk how many of Nas's songs you have listened to but he is one of the rappers most about empowerment of youth you can find anywhere.

A lot of them were involved in criminal circles but rapped about how they rose up out of it, encouraging kids to make the right choices (see Nas I can) etc.

Tupac had a lot of songs like that but he also had songs displaying the struggle of the poor, about inner city youths and the troubles they and he grew up in, which is why I made the comment about meaning.

Just because some of them were tied to gang culture doesn't mean they couldn't make meaningful rap, in fact, as you state, it is literally what gave their rap meaning. Some intended as lessons for the younger generation and kids who grew up like them. Many good genres were born out of struggle and times of difficulty...

New school mumble rap is clearly different to these artists I've listed, the new age rapping is just guys co opting these stories and these struggles and making a mockery out of them, with terrible music as well. But like you said the guys I listed are authentic and sometimes had great messages in their songs as well.

But now you're just cherry picking. I see a lot of this with old folks.

"Yeah, my favorite rappers had gangster shit but they also had nice empowering shit too."

Same thing goes for a lot of the hip hop artists today? Plus you're picking out THE BIGGEST hip hop figures of the 90s and comparing it to contemporary hip hop. The 90s is history, you've filtered out the greats and forgotten about the trash; hard to do that for the present. 15 years from now young people from today will define the current era with a few select artists like Kendrick Lamar...instead of say Tekashi69 lol. They'll forget about all the trash and complain about how things were just so much better back in the 2020s. :lol:

Home of Barca Fans