9 - Robert Lewandowski

JamDav1982

Not that Ferran is the answer at CF but I dont doubt if he played there and on pens he would go close if not beat the 22 goals Lewa scored in league and CL last season with 4 of those being penalties.

JamDav1982

As much as we wish it to be true that season wasn't god awful it was still ass. Also that 4-0 while great for morale was kind of RM just not particularly caring and trying Modric in a bad position. Great game for us but in the grand scheme not too important for them white trashcans.

I liked Auba but can we admit half the reason we even were able to attract players the next transfer window was because we brought in Lewa

Barca had a worse team that season by far than the players Lewa has had around him and he scores less per min than either Auba or LDJ did.

As said.. the team scored 2 more goals with Lewa to win title than that shambolic first half of season.

Zero players signed for Barca due to Lewa and certainly have not been lining up to play with him since.

Masetro10

While sinking the overall quality of play. Ferran in comparison is just invisible, which is preferable if you ask me. Won’t compete for the League either way though.
Well when we have a new sporting director every other year it's hard to develop a project. Let's just pray to the heavens somehow Haaland is coming here in a few years otherwise we are about to have a black hole at 9 when Lewa is gone

JamDav1982

Well when we have a new sporting director every other year it's hard to develop a project. Let's just pray to the heavens somehow Haaland is coming here in a few years otherwise we are about to have a black hole at 9 when Lewa is gone

Lewa is easily replaced and particularly for how much they are over paying him.

ajnotkeith

As much as we wish it to be true that season wasn't god awful it was still ass. Also that 4-0 while great for morale was kind of RM just not particularly caring and trying Modric in a bad position. Great game for us but in the grand scheme not too important for them white trashcans.

I liked Auba but can we admit half the reason we even were able to attract players the next transfer window was because we brought in Lewa
Part of the reason we trashed Madrid at that time is we had a frontline of 3 very fast and fit players who were constantly getting behind and causing Madrid real problems with their mobility.

BusiTheKing

His bad form and the resulting criticism against him has clearly put him in a defensive mood, where he feels overeager to prove himself by scoring goals. I worry this is making him take selfish actions instead of passing it. He keeps talking about scoring as many goals as he used to as though he wants desperately to prove he's still got it. The same effect as late Ronaldo.

JamDav1982

Therefore should get rid of him ASAP. He's a burden for free flowing attacks and poison in dressing room just like late Suarez was. Our attacking play took nosedive after he was introduced against City.

Couple games last season that were examples of that quite starkly...

First one was home to Real..1-0 up and the better side.. had chances to add to the 1-0 and creating some problems as break and Real starting to attack more and leave space.

Lewa comes on with half hour left.. with ten minutes it is 1-1.. go on to lose 2-1 to Real as they dominate middle of park late on with no real threat on break.

Second one.. away to Betis..Barca up 2-0.. they get it back to 2-2 and Barca reeling and struggling to get ball up the park with Betis pressing high.. Lewa off on 63rd min and more movement up top Barca score 2 goals on the break to win 4-2.

Loki

Think if he doesnt perform in first half and Flick doesnt use him, he could go to Saudi in winter break
Nah, he's a family man. His family feels really good in Barcelona, his wife opened up gyms there. There is no chance he'll leave mid season in my opinion.
Also he can't be that bad that Flick won't use him, because we have absolutely no starting lineup worthy backup.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Nah, he's a family man. His family feels really good in Barcelona, his wife opened up gyms there. There is no chance he'll leave mid season in my opinion.
Also he can't be that bad that Flick won't use him, because we have absolutely no starting lineup worthy backup.

Hmmm lets see dude, Flick is a though dude, if lewa doesnt perform i cant imagine that he will still start - hope Lewa will be on fire on his last dance 🔥💯

Loki

Hmmm lets see dude, Flick is a though dude, if lewa doesnt perform i cant imagine that he will still start - hope Lewa will be on fire on his last dance 🔥💯
Flick loves Lewy because of his Bayern time. And what do you mean by not performing? Less than 20 goals? Nah, I don't see any chance his status gonna change this season.

Home of Barca Fans