9 - Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajnotkeith

How would you guys rank Barca's overall squad as of the following season? Surely behind City, Pool, Bayern as well as PSG and Madrid.
Up there with all of them.

PSG don't beat us in any area so would say our squad is better, and then give or take on par with the others.

Temptation

How would you guys rank Barca's overall squad as of the following season? Surely behind City, Pool, Bayern as well as PSG and Madrid.

I'd say City at the top.
Liverpool and Bayern next.
Real, Barca and Chelsea should be same level.

The thing about Barca is there are many things left to be seen. Will Raphinha successfully transition into a big club? Will Dembele consistently deliver? Will the defense crumble?? Is Xavi a potent enough manager to get what you wanna achieve? How well will Busquets and Alba play? So many question marks.

For this moment, I'd put Real and Chelsea above Barca but it can change.

Better than PSG for me.

City
Us Bayern
Real Chelsea
Barca

Nazario1985

Up there with all of them.

PSG don't beat us in any area so would say our squad is better, and then give or take on par with the others.

Our squad is better in theory maybe.

Right know it's all potential nothing seen yet, it can crumble and be all shit or be a wonder, you never know before seeing how things works. (60/70% of the squad played last season and they were like SHIT )

While the squads of City/PSG/Liv/Madrid/Bayern have proven their weight.

ajnotkeith

Our squad is better in theory maybe.

Right know it's all potential nothing seen yet, it can crumble and be all shit or be a wonder, you never know before seeing how things works. (60/70% of the squad played last season and they were like SHIT )

While the squads of City/PSG/Liv/Madrid/Bayern have proven their weight.

The squad on paper is one thing and the execution is another. If we don't manage to win La Liga and challenge for everything this year then the squad significantly underperformed.

The talent is up there with those teams. But the execution might not be, which will be down to Xavi.

Temptation

Aguero ain't having any of this Lewandowski hype!

"What Lewandowski did at Bayern will have to be shown at Barcelona. For me, the Bundesliga is at a lower level than Premier League and La Liga."

Higuain seems to be sarcastically mocking the signing....

https://twitter.com/BarcaUniversal/status/1549132491755180032?s=20&t=mIKwjL2OPJH-XUAd5VpEhQ

Safe to say, his fellow strikers ain't that happy. Even R9 is against it. All that's left now is a statement from Suarez! :lol:

Temptation

RL9:

"Barca is back. I think I can put the team back at the top of European Football.

We need to get off to a winning start because we need to win trophies. I like winning trophies and this is a new chapter for me. I always wanted to play in La Liga in a big club. We have to be in the best condition physically and mentally."

He's ready! :boss:

BBZ8800

People are on drugs, totally lost their heads.

Each player is unique, but since 2000 at Barca:
1. Only around 30% of signings reached expectations
2. At least 70-80% of new signings struggle in their first season at Barca and even if they click later on, usually their first season is the weakest one
3. Out of star signings in the last few years: Arda, Coutinho, Dembele, Griezmann, Frenkie, Ferran = majority flopped or were meh at best.
But, as always = people think it will be different this time.
Just like with any new La Masia kid. The new kid is always "better" than 1001 others who flopped in the last 20 years.

Our team from the last season was nothing special and now we added a few players, who's impact will be questionable, as always.

I am usually on the negative side.
This team stands no chance in a CL.
We might fight for La Liga though if Lewa will bang goals.
Longterm, we won't get too much from Lewa and let's hope that we'll get some star power in Raphinha.

Imo, even though La Masia fans want a team and not fancy names, this club was always the best when we had a nice team paired with 2-3 superstars (usually attackers) with insane quality as cherry on top of that team.

Currently, inspite for blind faith in Fati, Pedri, Gavi, our team overal is nothing special and we have nothing from a star power.
We might get Lewa for 1 season, and that is a huge if.

This is why my biggest hope is Raphinha.

Last edited:

Tackle

Auba scored 11 goals in 17 league matches last season. Something would have to go terribly wrong for Lewa to not hit 20 league goals.

Folks here really comparing Lewandowski to likes of Arda, Ferran and Werner....

Age is the only concern, quality is undeniable.

Messi983

I think your rankings are fair but it's one thing how we rate teams on paper and another one how they'll actually perform on the pitch when it matters.

I believe City and L'pool will have a better season than us as they have established teams/system with great coaches while we're still trying to find our new identity after Messi. Despite losing Lewa Bayern will walk through BL again, the same as PSG in Ligue 1 even with their ongoing rebuild. We should really only look at Madrid though as they are our only direct rival but we should primarily focus on ourselves to improve as much as we can. Then Que sera, sera.

Don't care about CL too much as we don't have any chance to go far as long as Busi and Alba are starters (hopefully at least Pique won't be anymore). And it's also impossible to say how teams will look in 9-10 months from now when next season will be decided. Form, injuries etc. CL is always a bit of a lottery to me. It doesn't happen often that a team which is the best/most consistent troughout the season wins it in the end. It usually goes to a team that find the right momentum in last 2 months of the season and there is always an element of "luck" included as well.

serghei

Auba scored 11 goals in 17 league matches last season. Something would have to go terribly wrong for Lewa to not hit 20 league goals.

Folks here really comparing Lewandowski to likes of Arda, Ferran and Werner....

Age is the only concern, quality is undeniable.

Yeah.

Guy will probably be neck and neck with Big Benz for best striker in the league position. For 2 seasons. And maybe 3 if we're lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans