Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
"Where is my scoring ability. i'm sure i lost it somewhere around this area."
vzal28.jpg

Last games can be summarised by this.

Beast

The Observer
man u lot are overreacting ...

so what's the issue ? the league in the bag.. the game doesn't need any extra effort even Pep rested the entire team par E2 to help him win the pichichi .. so what's the problem ? taking one for the team is normal the game makes no difference what so ever for both teams.. all his colleagues tried to give him the Pichichi trophy and u are acting as if he is the reason u lost the league .. jesus the guy scored 31 goals in 39 games and u are all over his back!!!

.. what the fuck do u want more from him ?? just leave him alone he is doing a fucking great job .. tell any team if you want those 31 goals striker and u all know they will take it

u know what .. sell him .. lets see if Villa or Meta no 9 will give you the heart and self motivation E2 gives u .. u really deserve to lose him .. some fickle fans

ceefoo

Samuel "Clubfoot" Eto'o

Who says he isnt the first to arrive and last to leave?

James Walker-Roberts, Goal.com
Six first-team Barcelona players including :etoo: could be fined €500 for turning up one minute late to training today.

Don't shoot the messenger! :whistle2:

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
Overreacting? Maybe. But it's fucking frustrating to see. And I stick by what I said in the chat about the stats, they cloud his recent performances. A better striker would've scored many more. Don't take the posts too seriously, we're all pissed that we lost when we didn't deserve to. But it's extremely worrying to see how badly the guy is playing, when he's 99% sure to be the starting striker in the CL final. You simply cannot afford to score 1 in 12 chances when you're going to play against United, because United will not give you 12 chances to score.

E

Esteve

so what's the issue ? the league in the bag.. the game doesn't need any extra effort even Pep rested the entire team par E2 to help him win the pichichi .. so what's the problem ? taking one for the team is normal the game makes no difference what so ever for both teams.. all his colleagues tried to give him the Pichichi trophy and u are acting as if he is the reason u lost the league .. jesus the guy scored 31 goals in 39 games and u are all over his back!!!

.. what the fuck do u want more from him ?? just leave him alone he is doing a fucking great job .. tell any team if you want those 31 goals striker and u all know they will take it

u know what .. sell him .. lets see if Villa or Meta no 9 will give you the heart and self motivation E2 gives u .. u really deserve to lose him .. some fickle fans

Words of wisdom from and outsider's point of view ;)

maz

I walk the line
Overreacting? Maybe. But it's fucking frustrating to see. And I stick by what I said in the chat about the stats, they cloud his recent performances. A better striker would've scored many more. Don't take the posts too seriously, we're all pissed that we lost when we didn't deserve to. But it's extremely worrying to see how badly the guy is playing, when he's 99% sure to be the starting striker in the CL final. You simply cannot afford to score 1 in 12 chances when you're going to play against United, because United will not give you 12 chances to score.

I agree. I understand where beast is coming from because on a level he is right..most teams would kill for a striker that scores 28 goals in a season. But when was the last time u saw a team create as many chances as we have? We have a prime xavi, a phenominal iniesta and messi, and an on-form titi. I would be interested how many goal-scoring opportunities we have compared to other teams. So while the stats favour sammy, the context doesnt.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper

say what you want, but yet again his mood-swing in february messed with the team and led to a dip in form. and tbh I don't know how liked he is around the camp as players, messi especially, seem reluctant to pass to him unless they have to and only henry runs off to celebrate with him.

his motivation and desire are brilliant and as a sportsman he is top-notch, but he's not perfect and some of his flaws are starting to hurt us. yeah he's had a great season and we've won the league and copa and maybe the CL, but his contributions to the latter two have been minimal at best. yeah in terms of la liga he's been great but 9/10 imports have a limited life-span at top-clubs and I think eto'o's has arrived.

Beast

The Observer

it's called an off day in football everyone suffer it.. do you know how many times have i seen legends have similar days since i started watching football constantly since 1982 ? plenty .. Zico , Maradona,Platini,Boniek,Cantona,Van Basten,Hugo Sanchez ,Baggio all the way to ronaldo and zidane till today ..
do u know how many LEGENDS missed a crucial penalty in a crucial stage ? plenty .. can't get any better then Zico,Platini or Baggio .. and not against Mallorca but WC final

it's not like you were losing .. but u played with B teams par the defense.. not even the third keeper but the 4th keeper.. had u not gave the FK it wouldn't be 1-1 and if u had a better defense then the crap Caceres and co the second goal wouldn't arrive ..

if you want to talk about off form why don't u mention Messi who did nothing at all for a long time par the Classico ? yet he doesn't get half the shit u guys give E2 .. how was Henry against Chelsea first leg ? how was Hleb .. Iniesta is carrying the team now ..

and more importantly today is not a reflection of anything just like Madrid their is NOTHING to play for.. do you think if Real or Barca were still competing they would lose points ? your team came down today with one target.. give E2 the Pichichi and rest the team .. Pep was not going for a win just look @ the line up ...

Beast

The Observer
I agree. I understand where beast is coming from because on a level he is right..most teams would kill for a striker that scores 28 goals in a season. But when was the last time u saw a team create as many chances as we have? We have a prime xavi, a phenominal iniesta and messi, and an on-form titi. I would be interested how many goal-scoring opportunities we have compared to other teams. So while the stats favour sammy, the context doesnt.

WRONG... and the example.. what did Sexy Lopez do with Dinho on top form and the team ? zilch nothing.. it's a shame u guys push down E2 contribution and movement to just how many missed chances instead of how many goals scored..

take off E2 goals and let me know if you would be where u are today
maybe this phantom other striker wouldn't be in a good place to receive the pass in the first place or be marked off the game cause they sure do .. and Villa is the same as E2 and same age he isn't any better ATM except for freekicks and even that he doesn't score them anymore

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
it's called an off day in football everyone suffer it.. do you know how many times have i seen legends have similar days since i started watching football constantly since 1982 ? plenty .. Zico , Maradona,Platini,Boniek,Cantona,Van Basten,Hugo Sanchez ,Baggio all the way to ronaldo and zidane till today ..
do u know how many LEGENDS missed a crucial penalty in a crucial stage ? plenty .. can't get any better then Zico,Platini or Baggio .. and not against Mallorca but WC final

it's not like you were losing .. but u played with B teams par the defense.. not even the third keeper but the 4th keeper.. had u not gave the FK it wouldn't be 1-1 and if u had a better defense then the crap Caceres and co the second goal wouldn't arrive ..

if you want to talk about off form why don't u mention Messi who did nothing at all for a long time par the Classico ? yet he doesn't get half the shit u guys give E2 .. how was Henry against Chelsea first leg ? how was Hleb .. Iniesta is carrying the team now ..

and more importantly today is not a reflection of anything just like Madrid their is NOTHING to play for.. do you think if Real or Barca were still competing they would lose points ? your team came down today with one target.. give E2 the Pichichi and rest the team .. Pep was not going for a win just look @ the line up ...
An off day is fine. But the fact is he's been consistently "off" for a while now. The reason he's getting more stick than Messi or Iniesta is because they still put in brilliant performances after their dips in form and have carried the team for the whole season while Samu seems to on a constant dip, the penalty miss wasn't actually a major factor at all but the icing on a horrible cake. Plus, Messi and Iniesta are the golden boys, they very rarely get stick even when it's deserved. But I can appreciate where you're coming from, and I don't want to have a pointless argument because I respect your opinion very much. I'm just extremely frustrated.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans