9 - Samuel Eto'o

beef-supreme

Leave Sammy Alone. He will find form soon. Marks these words one would hope

How much of a mistake was it to leave Ronaldinho alone like that for a year too many?
He should have gone a year before he did, and he would have been considered a virtually flawless legend. But now he's just gone downhill. I think that if you really like Eto'o so much, it's best that he goes and has a new try elsewhere. He's not getting any younger either, you can expect his work-rate to go down too.

Barca_Cunninggate

BarcelonaFC
How much of a mistake was it to leave Ronaldinho alone like that for a year too many?
He should have gone a year before he did, and he would have been considered a virtually flawless legend. But now he's just gone downhill. I think that if you really like Eto'o so much, it's best that he goes and has a new try elsewhere. He's not getting any younger either, you can expect his work-rate to go down too.

But Ronaldinho didnt experiance a slump and recover. Eto'o has. I have belief in him.PTC

B

Barca_10baby

Eto'o is having a difficult time finding the net right now but whatever it is he has better be awake nxt wednesday his level in the last month is nnot the standard needed to defeat Man Utd

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Sayings things in the press like this: “I’ll need to score in Rome” won't help the cause.

Start with playing well, samuel. the rest follows automatically.

gazza

Usually i stick up for Eto'o ,but yesterday's performance was shocking and i'm not referring to the amount of goalscoring opportunities he missed.
Pulling rank on Alves with a free kick,not passing when other players were in better positions.
He was greedy to the extreme.
Why Pep gave i'm the armband i ain't a clue to me it just put more pressure on Eto'o.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
end of the day, there's no need to criticise him too harshly, nor understate his impact. a lot of his goals may look simple but his work and instincts to get into position to finish them are not simple things. and I really love eto'o's honesty and professionalism. and he's a real sportsman, too.

and to be fair his valladolid goal was a thing of beauty. second best goal he's scored all season (best being sevilla in the ramon sanchez. nothing summed up eto'o more than that goal. out of nowhere. BANG. back of the net). but he has weaknesses which severely hurt the team in close tight games. summed up by the fact that his ONLY chance against chelsea was at the camp nou when they retardedly pushed up to the halfway line and he could burn them with pace. and he STILL fucked that chance up!

buying someone else may not solve all our problems, but it will leave us a more balanced squad and, dare I say it, promote more harmony within the group. villa would be amazing. someone like trez to work with bojan would be too.

I won't denigrate, downplay or dismiss eto'o's achievements with us. they're phenomenal. but the time comes when you have to move on - only a select few can stay in one place and flourish. so I hope he moves on in the summer, and I hope he has all the success he wants... except against barca.

maz

I walk the line
Usually i stick up for Eto'o ,but yesterday's performance was shocking and i'm not referring to the amount of goalscoring opportunities he missed.
Pulling rank on Alves with a free kick,not passing when other players were in better positions.
He was greedy to the extreme.
Why Pep gave i'm the armband i ain't a clue to me it just put more pressure on Eto'o.
But he did that when we wrapped up the league in 2006. No one was complaining then. Against athletic he took all freekicks and was shooting from all sorts of ranges.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Had a bad day but if he scores in Rome all will be forgotten as it will be the 2nd time he's scored in the CL final for us.

E

Esteve

I still can't imagine us without him, I'll be sad to see him go despite his poor performances :(

Home of Barca Fans