9 - Samuel Eto'o

IraqiCulé

Yeah I was thinking today if he scores in Rome it will be hard to tell him to leave Barca, but I would still want him to go.

aRegularAce

Yeah I was thinking today if he scores in Rome it will be hard to tell him to leave Barca, but I would still want him to go.

Yeah me too, during the season he has missed a lot of chances. Those missed chances can mean the difference between a second place and a championship. Just to name a few; missed penalty against R. Madrid (thank god we won the game), Chelsea first leg, yesterday's game.... in the end it doesn't matter because we won la liga and managed to beat chelsea.. but next year those misses could cost us dearly.

R10(FCB)

Crazy
I still can't imagine us without him, I'll be sad to see him go despite his poor performances :(

it's always like that with great players .... :(

Yes he missed a lot of chances but he scored amazing 29 goals in La Liga, this is his best season at Barca according to numbers. I believe that he can improve, are you guys remember how bad was his first touch with the ball in last few matches? he improve that, so i believe that he can improve his shooting skills and that he can score 2 or 3 goals in 1 game again.

PTC

jairzinho

Are you serious?

yes i'm serious God Damn It !!!!! ......he's scored 29 goals in the league so far and now that he's starting to struggle in his last 8 or 9 games he's shit and useless all of a sudden ?!!:angry: give samu a break....he's carried us in the league, has managed to stay injury free up to this point and we should sell him now........talk about spitting in his face !!!

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
We should definitely sell him, he's not cutting it anymore. Simple. I'm the first one to defend our players, but your attitude is exactly what's wrong, sentimentality over performances. What are we going to do, watch him become the next Raul, who even the Madridistas don't want to see playing, playing him ahead of more deserving people because he's a club icon and what he's achieved in the past? Get real, man.The way I see it, if you're holding the team back, it needs sorting out. And Samu has not been able to sort it out. Being honest, I don't think he'll be able to refind his form. If he does, great, I'll happily eat my words. What's wrong with bringing new blood, new hungry players, who can bring the team to a higher level than it is already? Honestly people can change their minds really quickly around here, no-one of you was defending him during any of the matches where he was playing badly. I love the guy and I love our team but i'm not blinded by statistics, i'm brutally honest with what I see. As for carrying us in the league, I don't agree, in the last few months bar the Valladolid game it hasn't been Samu who has saved us, another player has always stepped up. Rough patches are fine, but if you play like this for half a season it does not bode well.

Last edited:

jairzinho

he's not holding back the team....samu still has plenty to offer and can be pichichi next year but because he hasn't been playing well lately and is out of sync alot of cules are whining and calling for another striker to replace him...i bet if he was still scoring for fun they would be calling for him to stay..no one is sentimental over performances and past achievements....last time i checked he was pichichi with 29 goals....u can't expect him to keep going on and on and not have a period of drought..he's not a machine for fucks sake !!!

beef-supreme

he's not holding back the team....samu still has plenty to offer and can be pichichi next year but because he hasn't been playing well lately and is out of sync alot of cules are whining and calling for another striker to replace him...i bet if he was still scoring for fun they would be calling for him to stay..no one is sentimental over performances and past achievements....last time i checked he was pichichi with 29 goals....u can't expect him to keep going on and on and not have a period of drought..he's not a machine for fucks sake !!!

But once again, it is likely that a striker who actually had something called 'touch' about him would probably score many more than Eto'o in this Barcelona side, which creates tonnes and tonnes of chances per game.

And I agree with Quash 100%.

In any case, i have no personal bias against Eto'o and I love him. I believe that he should do the honourable thing and leave at the end of the season. Then I will love him even more. As Quash said, we don't want a Raul. I think Eto'o has done an amazing job for Barcelona, and every player has to go. For the benefit of the club, a player should not be defended once he is past his prime.

aRegularAce

.he's carried us in the league,

Disagree, the ones who carried us were Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and Henry.. they popped up when we need them most.

it's always like that with great players .... :(

I believe that he can improve, are you guys remember how bad was his first touch with the ball in last few matches? he improve that, so i believe that he can improve his shooting skills and that he can score 2 or 3 goals in 1 game again.

PTC

Nah he wont improve his first touch... tbh his first touch was always one of his weaknesses..

JALJM

end of the day, there's no need to criticise him too harshly, nor understate his impact. a lot of his goals may look simple but his work and instincts to get into position to finish them are not simple things. and I really love eto'o's honesty and professionalism. and he's a real sportsman, too.

and to be fair his valladolid goal was a thing of beauty. second best goal he's scored all season (best being sevilla in the ramon sanchez. nothing summed up eto'o more than that goal. out of nowhere. BANG. back of the net). but he has weaknesses which severely hurt the team in close tight games. summed up by the fact that his ONLY chance against chelsea was at the camp nou when they retardedly pushed up to the halfway line and he could burn them with pace. and he STILL fucked that chance up!

buying someone else may not solve all our problems, but it will leave us a more balanced squad and, dare I say it, promote more harmony within the group. villa would be amazing. someone like trez to work with bojan would be too.

I won't denigrate, downplay or dismiss eto'o's achievements with us. they're phenomenal. but the time comes when you have to move on - only a select few can stay in one place and flourish. so I hope he moves on in the summer, and I hope he has all the success he wants... except against barca.

This is pretty much how i feel as well. The 29 goals weren't all tap-ins. Everyone can see he's lost some form, but don't forget that he's been great in the (not too distant) past.
And to criticize him for being selfish is kinda silly. We've already won the league, and we're trying to get an award for one of our players. Let him take all the free kicks & penalties he wants.

Also, he's only 28 and I'm not sure he's finished. I think a change of scenery might reignite him (hopefully for a team in England or Italy ;))

beef-supreme

This is pretty much how i feel as well. The 29 goals weren't all tap-ins. Everyone can see he's lost some form, but don't forget that he's been great in the (not too distant) past.
And to criticize him for being selfish is kinda silly. We've already won the league, and we're trying to get an award for one of our players. Let him take all the free kicks & penalties he wants.

Also, he's only 28 and I'm not sure he's finished. I think a change of scenery might reignite him (hopefully for a team in England or Italy ;))

Agreed, just let him go

G.J

V.H. 4 life
Or

01.jpg

Home of Barca Fans