9 - Samuel Eto'o

Guardian

The final in Rome will be decisive for Eto'os future. If he disappears again then he better leaves the club, his career obviously is going downhill.

MJ BarcaFan

I don't understand why you had to say all that because I didn't say anything opposite to that.
All I said was Ronnie was at Barcelona a year too many, and for him that extra year was a year of injuries, suffering, shame. And that if Eto'o left the same thing might just happen to him. Because an underperforming player always has a hard time at Barcelona.

I did not at any point blame Ronaldinho for his actions, his not leaving the club, not having Barca in his heart, losing/gaining the club money... I'm not blaming the club for failed negotiations. I'm not saying anything that is opposed to what you've said above.

It's just that Ronaldinho's image was permanently tainted by his last year at Barcelona, and now he's just a crap rotation (at most) player at Barcelona. Thus he is flawed. But of course he's a legend because he carried a wreck of a Barcelona side. If you look at my post in the Ronnie vs. Messi poll you'll see that I'm not biased in any way against Ronaldinho. In fact i even voted for him.

So yeah, I'm just confused as to why you had to say all that :wacko:

Of course you didn't say all those things but you definitely implied it. You sounded as if you are blaming Ronnie that's why. And I was merely making some clarificatory points that's all.

It's pretty self explanatory if you ask me. :wacko:

maz

I walk the line
Beef didnt come across as trying to blame ronnie for anything. It seemed as if he was saying you cant keep waiting and waiting until someone finds form.

MJ BarcaFan

Beef didnt come across as trying to blame ronnie for anything. It seemed as if he was saying you cant keep waiting and waiting until someone finds form.

Well, it's just that the context with which he phrased those particular statements. It's subject to interpretation.

beef-supreme

disclaimer:i AM NOT A RACIST in case anyone wants to use the next sentence against me.
don't you know the saying "black don't crack" ?

:lol::lol::lol:
By the way, Pep has made many solid decisions this season (and in the pre-season) and for that reason, as you said it should be, I will trust whatever he chooses to do.

Well, it's just that the context with which he phrased those particular statements. It's subject to interpretation.

Hahah yes fair enough, but that's not what I meant, so that should end all other interpretations.

0n0mat0p0eia

I don't wish death on him or anything, relax :lol: He is a very good footballer.

Work rate should be more appreciated in today's game. Ask any Barça supporter, our success this season has a lot to do with our good work rate, something that was badly lacking last year :thumbdown:

You should, he's immense :worthy: :iniesta:

I agree totally; work rate is all. Footie is all about SPACE: when you dont have the ball, deny space to your opponents by hunting the ball down in packs; when you have the ball, work your asses off giving the person on the ball options.
Barcas success this season is all down to this, imo. Before Pep, the players werent working hard enuff in keeping the ball, and getting it back as quickly as possible.:2145960713mundoemot

Sodamnsmooth

The final in Rome will be decisive for Eto'os future. If he disappears again then he better leaves the club, his career obviously is going downhill.

The fact that he will most probably win the pichichi title has no bearing on it? CL is all good and everything but i don't think we should get our panties in a bunch should we find a way to lose (even though we won't).

I feel he's disappeared mostly because he's been playing out of position for so many games now. He's a nine, and he does a hell of a job busting his ass out on the left or right.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
I hope Eto'o realises he has quite a lot of critics not just from pundits but from cules as well. We won't forgive him for a 5/10 performance.

Juan03

I agree totally; work rate is all. Footie is all about SPACE: when you dont have the ball, deny space to your opponents by hunting the ball down in packs; when you have the ball, work your asses off giving the person on the ball options.
Barcas success this season is all down to this, imo. Before Pep, the players werent working hard enuff in keeping the ball, and getting it back as quickly as possible.:2145960713mundoemot

spot on, thats the huge difference i noticed since Pep took over, more sacrifice from the players usually pays off :pep::worthy:

maz

I walk the line
One of the signs in the crowd said:

"Eto'o, you swapped your shirt for a bag of sweets for your son."

Can anyone shed any light on this? Unless i misunderstood it.

"Eto'o, te cambió tu camiesta por una bolsa de chuches para tu hijo."

Home of Barca Fans