Adama Traore

Total-Football

He is a great winger for this critical period, if only thanks to that speed and directness.however,in the gold days, a typical barca winger is not someone who cuts outside, out runs his marker and crosses all the time.. Adama seems to be an orthodox winger in that regard. A barca winger looks for ways to cut inside to make a deadly pass or to ask for a ball inside the box. Let's see what happens next.. Regardless, a breeze compared to the pile of shit that is the dumbeles and the trincao.

JamDav1982

Young kids are going to love him and will brings eyes back if even remotely consistently like was yesterday.

In an age where footballers and tactics are a bit robotic at times he stands out as something completely different.

behindbrowneyes

Early signs and still needs to prove it steadily, but was really surprised by him yesterday.

The fact that neither Adama nor Trincao were producing numbers at Wolves might have more to do with the tactical setup than them being bad in that regard.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Why put Trincao & Adama in the same sentence. Yes, Wolves play boring & defensive football but Adama consistently was a sparkplug whereas Trincao has been abysmal and an abject failure thus far

Andresito

Staff member
Why put Trincao & Adama in the same sentence. Yes, Wolves play boring & defensive football but Adama consistently was a sparkplug whereas Trincao has been abysmal and an abject failure thus far
[MENTION=23078]Zidane82[/MENTION]

LRreal2

Sparkplug? never a more meaningless phrase. adama has been a joke in the league. only thing he can finish is a bottle of baby oil.

so what he crosses a high ball to the box. anyone think gavi will score many headers like that? haha...not even barca football.

i watched him in u19 CL for barca, adama can not finish a move for love or money.

OVI9323

I don't think he's great but as long as he make us depends less on Dembele, then i'm fine with anything he brings

Trickykid

Sparkplug? never a more meaningless phrase. adama has been a joke in the league. only thing he can finish is a bottle of baby oil.

so what he crosses a high ball to the box. anyone think gavi will score many headers like that? haha...not even barca football.

i watched him in u19 CL for barca, adama can not finish a move for love or money.

What an oddly misplaced piece of criticism.

He did what he was supposed to against Atletico, which is to provide width and to be a constant threat to beat his marker. He provided life to a largely dead right wing - something we’ve only seen when Dumbele was in the zone, which means very rarely.

I doubt he’s good enough to be a regular fixture in the starting XI in the long run but if his performance yesterday wasn’t a fluke, he can have a role in the squad for sure, and as a stop gap solution, he seems fine for the rest of this season at least.

Also, congrats on you having seen him play as a youngster 8-9 years ago - many of us did - however I fail to see the relevance for his current level?

And lastly, you may want to look up the spark plug idiom, because it seems fairly apt in Adama’s case.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Xavi: "Adama has matured a lot. And physically, he is a beast, a monster. In 1v1 situations, you cannot beat him. Adama is the perfect winger for me. I am convinced that he will be great for us."

Windhook

Who is LRreal2? Dembele's agent? A newbie on the forum instantly posting like a veteran troll.

Adama's pace and crossing were good enough to bring the result. That's his style of play as it was at Wolves, he's not the new messiah, but a real threat with that dribbling. Anything that breaks opponents defensive line is welcomed by me.

Last edited:

Zidane82

Trincao is still settling in ... plus Wolves have been very unpredictable all season . I have been in impressed with him in the few times I have seen him - in fact for periods in each game he was marvellous. I was shouting for us to bring him back , in fact

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Trincao is still settling in ... plus Wolves have been very unpredictable all season . I have been in impressed with him in the few times I have seen him - in fact for periods in each game he was marvellous. I was shouting for us to bring him back , in fact

You can shout all you like, but it won't change the reality that he's been woeful. On the other hand, he's been so bad it's a virtual certainty he indeed returns because Wolves will never exercise that purchase clause

In fact, only way I see him staying at Wolves is if some deal was negotiated with Mendes to barter down that fee to make Traore's loan a permanent transfer

Latschenkiefer

Xavi shouldn't praise him too much imo. He was good but just played a little bit more than a half for us after all.
It feels desperate and he could get overconfident and start doing silly stuff. He will also get more expensive salary wise in the future by drawing the attention too much on him.

Zidane82

Xavi shouldn't praise him too much imo. He was good but just played a little bit more than a half for us after all.
It feels desperate and he could get overconfident and start doing silly stuff. He will also get more expensive salary wise in the future by drawing the attention too much on him.
He was supposedly unbelievable in training apparently

Home of Barca Fans