Adama Traore

Windhook

thats just not true, I try to be as constructive as I can + couple of not bad intended jokes. I do the same at bayern forum, no difference. A lot of Barca fans feel the same about Adama as I do.

Who are those Barcaforum members who feel the same as you do? To my knowledge most of us here are happy with Adama's contrubition in his first game, but nobody so far has said he's the new franchise player.

topt

Who are those Barcaforum members who feel the same as you do? To my knowledge most of us here are happy with Adama's contrubition in his first game, but nobody so far has said he's the new franchise player.

yes he had a good first game but just read through the posts when it was clear he is going to Barca

Catta

No, you have a duopoly in Spain and most of the South america, where Bayern has almost no ground. Bayern has a much smaller base of countries than Barca for attracting young talent based on the fact that Germans werent really good imperialist through the history.
Bayern doesnt buy players cause they feel challenged, they buy the best players possible to have a chance to win the CL. I mean I keep hearing this but the truth is Dortmund is buying a hell of a lot more players from their rivals than Bayern and nobody talks about it.

Nobody talks about it, because they BUY players, Bayern get them for free.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
No, you have a duopoly in Spain and most of the South america, where Bayern has almost no ground. Bayern has a much smaller base of countries than Barca for attracting young talent based on the fact that Germans werent really good imperialist through the history.
Bayern doesnt buy players cause they feel challenged, they buy the best players possible to have a chance to win the CL. I mean I keep hearing this but the truth is Dortmund is buying a hell of a lot more players from their rivals than Bayern and nobody talks about it.

Nobody is talking about the general appeal, of course we and the likes of Madrid and many EPL clubs have much bigger and broader appeals than Bayern around the world, nobody is disputing that but that's not the point. That being said, these clubs (Barca, Real, EPL clubs) compete with each other ferociously in those markets, for example in the case of Neymar, and later Vinicius or many other cases (Asensio came to mind). Bayern is different as it has no competitors in Germany and Germany has been a great talent pool.

As to Bayern's practices of weakening competitors, I am not just talking about Dortmund, I am talking about much earlier times with Gladbach and Leverkusen etc. One of our German Cules has written extensively on this subject before, check the Bayern thread or the Bundesliga thread, I am too lazy to look it up.

Joan

yes he had a good first game but just read through the posts when it was clear he is going to Barca

Most of people pointed out he was a limited player but could do well with a specific role. Pretty much true.

topt

Nobody is talking about the general appeal, of course we and the likes of Madrid and many EPL clubs have much bigger and broader appeals than Bayern around the world, nobody is disputing that but that's not the point. That being said, these clubs (Barca, Real, EPL clubs) compete with each other ferociously in those markets, for example in the case of Neymar, and later Vinicius or many other cases (Asensio came to mind). Bayern is different as it has no competitors in Germany and Germany has been a great talent pool.

As to Bayern's practices of weakening competitors, I am not just talking about Dortmund, I am talking about much earlier times with Gladbach and Leverkusen etc. One of our German Cules has written extensively on this subject before, check the Bayern thread or the Bundesliga thread, I am too lazy to look it up.
well, who is stopping Barca and others not to jump in the the German pool ? should Bayern deliberately avoid buying best german players ? Should Juve do the same in Italy ? Come on man, if you are trying to run a good FC you will want to get the best players as cheap as possible.
Dortmund just took Gladbach coach and a year before best Neverkusen player (Brand), its not just Bayern that is doing this, they are just more successfull and are at the top of the food chain; nobody gave the top food chain position to them, they earned it.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
well, who is stopping Barca and others not to jump in the the German pool ? should Bayern deliberately avoid buying best german players ? Should Juve do the same in Italy ? Come on man, if you are trying to run a good FC you will want to get the best players as cheap as possible.
Dortmund just took Gladbach coach and a year before best player (Brand), its not just Bayern that is doing this, they are just more successfull and are at the top of the food chain; nobody gave the top food chain position to them, they earned it.

Again, I am not saying one shouldn’t be farming its own domestic markets, just highlighting Bayern’s domestic monopoly (a key difference that sets it apart from us and many other clubs) and its practice of weakening and undermining competitors when they were challenged (another key difference between Bayern and other clubs. You might say you guys don’t do it that much these days, but a difference is a difference).

The good thing is I think in the long run Bayern’s monopoly will be waning and hopefully other clubs won’t become easy prey as much as they were before.

topt

Again, I am not saying one shouldn’t be farming its own domestic markets, just highlighting Bayern’s domestic monopoly (a key difference that sets it apart from us and many other clubs) and its practice of weakening and undermining competitors when they were challenged (another key difference between Bayern and other clubs. You might say you guys don’t do it that much these days, but a difference is a difference).

The good thing is I think in the long run Bayern’s monopoly will be waning and hopefully other clubs won’t become easy prey as much as they were before.

Sure it will, all this things run in cycles; ours is just a really long one and we will enjoy it as much as we can.
BTW Dortmund just stole our defender for free, if bayern did that all hell would break loose

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Sure it will, all this things run in cycles; ours is just a really long one and we will enjoy it as much as we can.
BTW Dortmund just stole our defender for free, if bayern did that all hell would break loose

Yeah, I think with globalization still progressing (albeit at a slower pace), more German players would be open to go abroad and Bayern will also be increasingly tapping into foreign markets (I read for the first time in history or something Bayern will not have any German NT backline next season), the outlook will change gradually.

Messigician

bayern got lewa for free

no hell broke loose

yawn

Home of Barca Fans