Adama Traore

Alarcón

Neither Adama nor Halilovic nor Samper nor anyone else were outstanding last season and nothing they did warrants their being promoted to the first team. All B players who are leaving now could have chosen to stay with the B team and redeem themselves for their terrible season. Adama and Halilovic are not close to being good enough for 1st team football right now, but they want to be promoted; and so loaning or selling with a buy back clause is the only thing to do.

God Serena

Neither Adama nor Halilovic nor Samper nor anyone else were outstanding last season and nothing they did warrants their being promoted to the first team. All B players who are leaving now could have chosen to stay with the B team and redeem themselves for their terrible season. Adama and Halilovic are not close to being good enough for 1st team football right now, but they want to be promoted; and so loaning or selling with a buy back clause is the only thing to do.

Exactly. After the season they had there's no reason to promote anyone. The only reason Munir and Sandro were promoted is because Lucho already had them on his list of favorites before last season started, and they stayed with the first team for half of that season.

El Flaco

Munir had a great preseason with the first team last year and was a capable stand in during the early part of the season. During that time he was by far the hottest property in La Masia and was hyped as one of the top prospects in Europe, even. Put that on top of an utterly dominate UYL campaign and it's little wonder Lucho had to exercise self control to stop himself from promoting him to the first team directly from Juvenil A.

How performances was during the pre-season last year was irrelevent, Munir didn't offer us much when Suárez was banned and wasn't much any better during the USA-tour this summer. You can't live on past achievements"....

That's like seeing a track star break the world record on the 100m sprint and then complaining that he didn't do it three seconds faster to round out the time.

No it isn't.

Alik

If we managed to sell for 12M with a buyback, then it's looking like a great deal.

Wonder what the buyback value is though. Sky-high I'd imagine.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Absolutely no way anyone can accurately assess any B team player based on how poorly the team has been managed & coached....Relegation has little to do with it either, this board began changing the B team approach right from 2010

God Serena

How performances was during the pre-season last year was irrelevent, Munir didn't offer us much when Suárez was banned and wasn't much any better during the USA-tour this summer. You can't live on past achievements"....

His performances during last year's preseason is what gained him favor with Lucho, which is why he filled in while Suarez was away. He didn't offer much but he showed he can fit in with the team, which was far more than we could expect from a player who had a few months prior been playing for Juvenil A. I hate to break it to you, but past achievements are the reason new players are added to the team. Doesn't matter if they're bought for 100m in a massive scandal or brought from the academy by the current coach, past achievements are the reason they're on the team. It's illogical to suggest they don't matter.

No it isn't.

You're comparing Lucho not promoting Adama to a cook serving you poorly cooked food. You're definitely in the wrong here.

Galning

Absolutely no way anyone can accurately assess any B team player based on how poorly the team has been managed & coached....Relegation has little to do with it either, this board began changing the B team approach right from 2010

Preach on brother. Good to see you posting from time to time. I can't believe some people are actually using Barça B "underachieving" as an excuse for Lucho not incorporating youth team players in the first team.

Darko

This. Hell, even world class players like Pique, Alves, Busi, Iniesta, etc. looked like shit during Tata/Tito's reign.

JamDav1982

None of the B team players looked ready last season on an individual basis regardless of how good/bad the team was as a whole.

Better players have come through poorer B teams it is more down to the player than anything else.

The only change to approach of B team was that it was based on younger players who could progress. They pushed the age of the team too far and it back fired.

The B team will come again and just had its longest reign in Spanish second flight in almost 20 years.

Last edited:

God Serena

None of the B team players looked ready last season on an individual basis regardless of how good/bad the team was as a whole.

Better players have come through poorer B teams it is more down to the player than anything else.

The only change to approach of B team was that it was based on younger players who could progress. They pushed the age of the team too far and it back fired.

The B team will come again and just had its longest reign in Spanish second flight in almost 20 years.

I wouldn't say it had something to do with average player age. The coaching was downright awful.

When you have three strikers on the field with one playing in midfield next to a CM who should be playing RB and a DM who doesn't have the first clue what positioning is you're going to have problems.

Messi10

This thread should be moved to the other players thread

Do you think he start at Villa? considering he only 18!

I own a Aston Villa season ticket, Exciting times.

Very sad to see the absolute best player in Barca B leave.... :(

I've been reading all your posts, and I'd like to ask you a few things. And tell a bit too.

1. Why is Adama so talented for you?
Is it his dribbling ability, which is pretty much the only thing going for him at the moment? Or is it something else? I mean, it's been discussed countless times, Adama until now has barely any of the footballing IQ required to play at a first team level, much less a club like Barcelona. Hell, he makes Deulofeu look like a friggin' genius.

Adama has never been ever touted as the MOST talented prospect for a long time. What makes you think he's a bigger talent than Samper, Grimaldo, Munir and Sandro?

2. Do you watch all of Barcelona B matches and then make your judgement on players?
Or do you just watch highlights to make decisions? I mean, people could honestly collect all the videos of Douglas train, and his few first team appearance (and his nutmeg on Fabregas) and make an inspirational video on how much of a world-beater he could be.

3. You pulled up a dribbling stat of Adama, which put him as high as Hazard, Messi, etc.
Adama is again playing in a league whre Deulofeu looked like a world-beater and we all saw what happened after that. No way does that directly translate to a great player in the top leagues. Adama is sadly a one-trick pony (right now) and defenders at the top level, won't give him so much space to dribble, or just let him dribble into nowhere as he usually does.

4. You talked about how Adama could play as a winger back-up for Barcelona as Munir is a CF.
But, again, it's saying something when ALL Barcelona coaches consider Munir, Sandro (both CF's), Rafinha (CAM/CM), as better on the wing. Have you ever wondered why? Munir looks out of place but he is much more smarter on and off the ball, and hence he's touted as a better prospect and for good reason.

anguy

1. Why is Adama so talented for you?
Is it his dribbling ability, which is pretty much the only thing going for him at the moment? Or is it something else? I mean, it's been discussed countless times, Adama until now has barely any of the footballing IQ required to play at a first team level, much less a club like Barcelona. Hell, he makes Deulofeu look like a friggin' genius.

Adama has never been ever touted as the MOST talented prospect for a long time. What makes you think he's a bigger talent than Samper, Grimaldo, Munir and Sandro?

2. Do you watch all of Barcelona B matches and then make your judgement on players?
Or do you just watch highlights to make decisions? I mean, people could honestly collect all the videos of Douglas train, and his few first team appearance (and his nutmeg on Fabregas) and make an inspirational video on how much of a world-beater he could be.

3. You pulled up a dribbling stat of Adama, which put him as high as Hazard, Messi, etc.
Adama is again playing in a league whre Deulofeu looked like a world-beater and we all saw what happened after that. No way does that directly translate to a great player in the top leagues. Adama is sadly a one-trick pony (right now) and defenders at the top level, won't give him so much space to dribble, or just let him dribble into nowhere as he usually does.

4. You talked about how Adama could play as a winger back-up for Barcelona as Munir is a CF.
But, again, it's saying something when ALL Barcelona coaches consider Munir, Sandro (both CF's), Rafinha (CAM/CM), as better on the wing. Have you ever wondered why? Munir looks out of place but he is much more smarter on and off the ball, and hence he's touted as a better prospect and for good reason.

1. To be fair he's also good at defending (for a forward) and has good work rate. Reminds me of Pedro in that regard, actually. Also he's not selfish, yes he dribbles a lot, but not because he's selfish. And I believe he's better than Munir, Sandro, Grimaldo because HE PLAYED better than any of them when they were in the same team (Barca B). Samper MIGHT be better than him, but I'm not sure after he defacto lost his starting spot in B team.

3. Yes, Adama plays in inferior league, but other forwards there don't have the dribbling stats he has, despite going against the same second rate defenses.

4. Who are these all coaches? It's just LE.

Home of Barca Fans