Adriano Correia Claro

V

Valon

I don't think he was good, decent yes but I still missed Alves' explosive runs.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I don't think he was good, decent yes but I still missed Alves' explosive runs.

we will always miss that. the only guy around who plays like Alves is Rafael from United. even Maicon, while having the same attacking intent, is a different kind of player and not really suited to our style of football. there's no replacement for Dani out there, so a solid backup like Adri is the best we can hope for.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Maicon is no where near Alves's explosive runs, one creates support and is sneaky the other is a tank on 5th gear. What you need in the absece of Dani is to shift the responsibility from the right to the left. Get Maxwell to make the runs instead, he isn't a carbon copy but he does a similar job.

Co0ter

Lol sometimes I dont think I watch the same game as people.

When Adriano came in for Alves against Malaga he played AWFUL. He made 2-3 passes directly to the other team and was not even under pressure. His first touch was very bad and lost the ball a few times in a tangle of legs. I guess his positioning was very good but he wasn't used nearly as much as Alves would have, whether thats his fault or his teamates.

He played much better in his first few appearances. His crosses have been dreadful as well since :( I really liked him back at Sevilla tho so I think he just needs some consistent playing time to calm the nerves.

Bionicman

He played much better in his first few appearances. His crosses have been dreadful as well since :( I really liked him back at Sevilla tho so I think he just needs some consistent playing time to calm the nerves.
His first appearance was as a sub in the 3-1 loss to Sevilla in the Supercopa (they scored their third a minute after he came on). After a brief appearance against Racing, he started in the disaster against Hercules, where he contributed to the loss with awful defending. His next game was the scoreless first half against Bilbao in the league (he was subbed out at the half). I'd say he's done a lot better recently. In any case, reports suggest that Alves won't be back until after the Hercules game, so we'd better hope Adriano has learned from the last game.

Last edited:

Co0ter

I'm not speaking about the club's results, I'm talking about his personal performances. He was actually lively the first few games he played, especially in his first appearance. He streaked down the wing and made a few very good crosses. I haven't seen him make a single good cross his last few performances. He was dreadful against Malaga, I dont see how you could see it any other way. Multiple bad passes, lost the ball a few times and didnt take part in any meaningful plays. He also got turned inside out in a 1 vs 1....

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Half a season through and I guess it´s time to make first ratings on Adriano transfer.
Cost of 13 mil. for an average La Liga player is slightly higher that it should be and he is not having many opportunities to justify it on the pitch.
Still.. Adriano is a versatile and experienced player with his best years ahead of him and is prepared to sit on the bench. From what we´ve seen so far he is capable of being a solid sub for our full backs.
Looking forward to next few matches where he´s bound to be given a start due to Alves injury.

DivineVisitor

The Right One ⇩
Lol sometimes I dont think I watch the same game as people.

When Adriano came in for Alves against Malaga he played AWFUL. He made 2-3 passes directly to the other team and was not even under pressure. His first touch was very bad and lost the ball a few times in a tangle of legs. I guess his positioning was very good but he wasn't used nearly as much as Alves would have, whether thats his fault or his teamates.

Im inclined to agree, there were a few times i facepalmed. Hopefully he can show us the performance level we know he's capable of but if not we could always stick Maxwell on the right, only seen him there once before but he was probably MoM that game :)

Sewelly

From an outside opinion it seems to me this guy's only positive attribute is his two footedness and subsequent versatility. Other than that he has been poor every game I have seen. Violent first touch, mistimed challenges and vertical crosses seem to be his fortés. Maybe he will be a good player in the long run and atleast it gives you a natural backup to Alves (even if Correia doesn't seem to fit any position to me) but for 13 million I'd have been expecting a lot more.

José Enrique is twice the fullback this guy is and yet can't seemingly get near the Spanish squad. :whistle2:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans