Adrien Rabiot

Arizona Scott

If we sold Rakitic for 70-80m and then brought in Rabiot for free and De Jong with the money, I wouldn't be against the deal.

Id prefer to all 3. Rakitic seems to have chemistry with the superstars and does most things well. The other two would have major adjustment periods--even more for De Jong who gets nothing in the form of regular tests vs top, or even good, european clubs. Rakitic is reliable, skilled and effective no matter the pressure.

BBZ8800

Well check again because I did post a reply to your imaginary claims about Arthur and the midfield on Coutinho thread page 944. You just ignored it, or maybe you blocked me since it's not the first time I call you out on your bullshit claims.

As I told you in Coutinho thread page 944: STOP WITH YOUR FAKE STATS, ARTHUR'S DEFENSIVE STATS ARE BETTER THAN THE FALSE NUMBERS YOU KEEP ON BRINGING UP.

MORE IMPORTANTLY: STATS DON'T TELL EVEN HALF THE STORY !

I wrote with capital letters just to make sure this time you can see.

Btw, I haven't block anyone ever here.
I find it (blocking) childish.

Your eye test says that Cou and Arthur can play together.
My eye test says that they suck in defense.

Official individual stats also say that these two suck in defense, the same as what my eye test has seen.

What now?
Should I ignore my eye test and official stats and accept an eye test and beliefs from some random dude from forum (and majority of them are usually romantic, subjective and biased towards Pep's type of players only. Which both Coutinho and Arthur are, but only in creative area), who can't back up his claims with anything other than with: stats don't tell the whole story alibi?

And then you are telling me that I AM EXPOSED by your posts?

Happy new year, mate.
Cool story.

Last edited:

Gnidrologist

If this is all in combo with De Jong, then i'd agree to admit that we're doing good business overall as even if we have problems with Rabiot, it will be always possibler to offload him for decent price. If not and he's alternative to De Jong, then this is disaster. This little nuance will be defining.

serghei

You're saying you would say no to getting this guy for 5mil or even for free?!

Based on those highlights, his first touch is sublime. That could go a very long way at Barcelona. I hope we sign him. He's easily worth 70-80m in todays market. Signin bonus + the extra money added to his salary would make it about 25m. That's still a good deal.

Also, let's also not neglect the posibility of evolution. Guy's 23 and is probably one of the most experienced players of his age in world football right now, with many Ligue 1 and Champions League games under his belt.

Last edited:

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Probably isn't worth the drama he brings?
Should have contractual clauses for behavior (for him and his representatives) in a contract if we consider it.

Looked good in the Video but we'd need to watch a few full games/sequences of play hes involved in rather than just highlights to make any judgement on him.

Joan

162431.jpg

All the people Rabiot respected in one room.

YodaMaster

Btw, I haven't block anyone ever here.
I find it (blocking) childish.

Your eye test says that Cou and Arthur can play together.
My eye test says that they suck in defense.

Official individual stats also say that these two suck in defense, the same as what my eye test has seen.

What now?
Should I ignore my eye test and official stats and accept an eye test and beliefs from some random dude from forum (and majority of them are usually romantic, subjective and biased towards Pep's type of players only. Which both Coutinho and Arthur are, but only in creative area), who can't back up his claims with anything other than with: stats don't tell the whole story alibi?

And then you are telling me that I AM EXPOSED by your posts?

Happy new year, mate.
Cool story.

Lol man you really cannot read correctly even once, can you ?

The Arthur stats that you brought up are fake ! Defensively, his stats are similar to Rakitic and Vidal (or just slightly worse) !!!
As I told, Vidal is our best midfielder at defending.
Rakitic plays DM, plays lower than any other midfielder in our squad (even Busquets) and only has slightly better defensive stats than Arthur, our most offensive-minded midfielder !
Rabiot also plays DM even though he doesn't like playing at that position !
So what do we have ?
- 2 DMs who have similar/slightly better stats than a CM who has way more offensive/creative responsabilities
- and we have BBZ claiming that this CM sucks even though he's a similar defender to the 2 DMs he adores while being 5 times more involved in creative/offensive tasks
- if you give Arthur the same one-defensively-sided role and play him DM, he'll probably have better stats than Rabiot and Rakitc
=> Stop claiming Arthur sucks defensively compared to these 2, because it's completely not true, eye test and stats show that !

Important to note: an offensive minded midfielder isn't just a guy who has 20 assists per season and 5 forward pass per game. It's also about the attitude, the movement and the positioning. Arthur is far more offensive than a Rakitic because he isn't afraid of going forward, make the game progress, get into duels, wins them and breaks the opponent and gives the ball to our attackers in good conditions. He's miles ahead of Rabiot and Rakitic in those regards.

When did I claim Coutinho and Arthur can play together ? Even if I don't think it's impossible. But for sure it has more chances not to work in a defensive minded team ! Xavi-Iniesta would have struggled in that defensive minded Valverde's Barça too !
I do recognize that Coutinho really does suck defensively. But it's the coach's job to make his player work hard, learn, and get what he wants from him. Especially when that coach asked for that player and the club bought the player for record breaking fee !

Seriously BBZ I don't hate you, don't you think that. But your constant false claims can be irritating sometimes.

You know what ? You seem to have no clue what kind of a player Rabiot is, judging by the way you speak about him.
Is Rabiot a good player ? No doubt. Is he great ? No way. Is he a workhorse ? Not at all.

I hate his persona, and I clearly know that we don't need him at Barça, we should look for greater talents. We have plenty of potential meh squad players in Masia. Barça shouldn't be buying squad players, just fill these wholes with Masia. Barça should only buy world class players or young potential world class players.

But at this point, it looks like Rabiot will inevitably end up here and I'm looking forward to your future mental gymnastics about this player.

Happy new year !

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans