Adrien Rabiot

Leo_Messi

Neymar was humbled here at barca? news to me.

If you are referring to my post 1367 here, my 99.9% was another way of saying that the vast, vast majority of all troubled characters who have moved to Barça, at least since I started following the club closely, which predates this century, have been humbled and improved their behavior. This is a natural transition when you move to such a giant and historic club. Usually, in particular in the past 10 years, the Barça dressing room has also been very tight and done a good job of integrating new arrivals, even the previously problematic ones or very controversial ones such as Suárez.

Therefore, if you ask me, there is a very, very good chance of Rabiot (who has had his problems but who by no means is a serial troublemaker) not causing many problems. Not to mention the transition to a new country, league, city, teammates, starting from the scratch etc.

I wrote this one or two weeks ago but people here are overly negative towards Rabiot. I have no doubt that the majority of those people will be positively surprised once/if Rabiot will be able to prove his worth here.

BTW, although Neymar was not fully "cured" he was not overly problematic until the summer of 2017 where he pulled off his scandalous move and behavior. He had more negative episodes back in Brazil and his time at QSG has not been without problems either. Anyway he is a special case with his retarded gang of 100 "friends" and his dad and general entourage. Not many like him out there. Rabiot in comparison and his mother are angels.:lol:

Last edited:

Sorin

Leo_Messi, glad to have some balance. Some things need to be repeated as well. QSG is run my middle aged arrogant children, as is the French national team. Rabiot acted like a spoiled child as well, but of these three only one of them is 23, with something to prove and a good chance to grow. Neymar is late 20s and still a tool, but he also helped Barca. Not comparing their talent, but I think Rabiot is more likely to become a bit more mature after these humbling and ugly (by multiple sides) events.

The bottom line is there is a 80 million player available for 10 million and some slightly inflated wages. He also plays where Barca needs length, range, skill and youth--and there are very few of those players out there. Compared to deals for players with his skill and upside that are 70-80 mil range (look at Kieta, Fred and Jorginho sales--none who has achieved at the level of Rabiot; price qutoed for Milinkovic-Savic, 150 release clauses for Koke and Saul)--this would be such a bargain.

BTW over 20 players in the EPL make over 10 year, this include Fred, Sterling, Ozil (double that), Mkhitaryan, Mahrez, Lacazette, Gundogan, Fabregas, Mata and Kepa. Yes there would be a market for Rabiot at 26-27 if he is just "so-so" or even more a flop like Cesc at Barca (Barca got their $ back for him and he wasn't on a free). This is a relatively low, risk high reward situation.

Won't comment on his quality as I already made pretty clear that I don't rate him as much as some of around here so kinda beating a dead horse with that.

However, regarding the wages, me thinks you are confusing gross wages with net wages. In the PL the wages are mostly reported as gross, so while there are over 20 players making that kind of money, you have to halve those wages to get their net salary. So Rabiot would earn around 20m with that kind of reporting. There are maybe 5 players tops making that kind of money in England.

raki

Won't comment on his quality as I already made pretty clear that I don't rate him as much as some of around here so kinda beating a dead horse with that.

However, regarding the wages, me thinks you are confusing gross wages with net wages. In the PL the wages are mostly reported as gross, so while there are over 20 players making that kind of money, you have to halve those wages to get their net salary. So Rabiot would earn around 20m with that kind of reporting. There are maybe 5 players tops making that kind of money in England.

If a player comes on a free transfer it´s obvious that´s he´s gonna ask for a signing fee and a extra salary. When a top player like this moves on a free transfer it´s the same.
If barça fans dont want him dont worry. Juve would love him.

Sorin

If a player comes on a free transfer it´s obvious that´s he´s gonna ask for a signing fee and a extra salary. When a top player like this moves on a free transfer it´s the same.

Have I argued otherwise? I know players are given higher wages when they come for free. Just corrected his comment on 20 players earning that much or more which obviously isn't true.

Btw why would I worry about Rabiot going to Juve? What a strange comment.

George_Costanza

lol Salary is definitely leverage when the player on free but what Rabiot is asking is more than twice his worth! The leverage is about 15-20% above what he would normally get. Rabiot is asking for 100-130% above what his worth. I gave an example of Caseimro who is a world-class playing for one of the biggest clubs, a starter for the Brazilian NT and much better player IMO than Rabiot. He earns 5.5m. Why do you think Rabiot deserve more than twice that salary?

6m salary and he should lick Bartomeu's boots. Anything more than that and we are the village idiots.

BBZ8800

lol Salary is definitely leverage when the player on free but what Rabiot is asking is more than twice his worth! The leverage is about 15-20% above what he would normally get. Rabiot is asking for 100-130% above what his worth. I gave an example of Caseimro who is a world-class playing for one of the biggest clubs, a starter for the Brazilian NT and much better player IMO than Rabiot. He earns 5.5m. Why do you think Rabiot deserve more than twice that salary?

6m salary and he should lick Bartomeu's boots. Anything more than that and we are the village idiots.

When we paid 145M for Dembele plus who 13M net wages, which can go up to 20M net if he reaches some factors.
Or 165M for Coutinho who is earning 12M net per year.

None of them is worth all that money.
But people always replied: well, Neymar's deal screwed the market.

Casemiro signed his deal long time ago, right?
His next deal will be more lucrative, plus he came from Sao Paulo.
His transfer is something like Arthur's. You can't expect 10M net for Arthur.
You can expect, though, that amount for Rabiot, coming from Psg, plus coming for free.

Further, isn't Messi earning like 100M yearly?
That is like 10 Rabiots and 20 Arthurs.
He is Messi, but are his wages fair, compared to wages from our other players?

Last edited:

Raketa10

When we paid 145M for Dembele plus who 13M net wages, which can go up to 20M net if he reaches some factors.
Or 165M for Coutinho who is earning 12M net per year.

None of them is worth all that money.
But people always replied: well, Neymar's deal screwed the market.

Casemiro signed his deal long time ago, right?
His next deal will be more lucrative, plus he came from Sao Paulo.
His transfer is something like Arthur's. You can't expect 10M net for Arthur.
You can expect, though, that amount for Rabiot, coming from Psg, plus coming for free.

He is Messi, but are his wages fair, compared to wages from our other players
?

Since he is 10 times the player Rabiot is I would say it's fair :lol: :lol:

Andresito

Staff member
He is Messi, but are his wages fair, compared to wages from our other players?

Short answer: yes. Although you can't really compare money like that.

But to give a similar example, just look at what Liverpool and Tottenham did when they sold Suárez and Bale.
The money was spread out to buy cheap-ish players for multiple positions, for worse.

BBZ8800

Look, I wouldn't give him 10m.
He is a 5-7M wages player, and considering a free move, he could earn 7-8,5M in my eyes.

But still, you can't make all deals 100% fair compared one with another.

1. if a player 1 comes from midtable La liga/French team
= that is not the same as stealing a player from Liverpool or Psg
So, even if a player no1 from Bordeaux and a player no2 from Psg are equally as good players on paper, a guy no2 will usually get way higher starting salary

2. if you have two equal players again, and no1 had 2M net wages in his former club
And a guy no2 had 8M net wages in his former club.
Then again, a player no2 will get a higher salary here, even though these 2 are equally as good players on a paper

3. or, you have 2 equal players again.
A player no1 is coming for a 50M fee, while the other one comes for free
Again, a guy no2 will get a higher salary, even though they are as equally as good players

4. not to mention additional factors like:
For a player 2 you needed to fight for his signature with 2-3-4 other clubs, so his wages are slightly inflated compared to a player no1 (Arthur)
5. or: a player no2 signed for us AFTER Neymar's scandal, when all transfer fees, sign on bonuses and wages are screwed up and inflated
Of course that he will get a higher starting salary than a guy signed 2 years ago (Casemiro or someone similar)

So, it is hard to take 25 players from Barca and some players from other clubs and "measure" their actual worth and whether their wages are 100% objective and fair.
Sometimes you need to overpay for some players either in transfer fees or in wages due to 10s of special circumstances.

wisconsincule

Look at how much Pulisic cost Chelsea. Getting Rabiot for free is highway robbery. Rabiot entire contract+signing bonus could be less than what Chelsea just paid in a fee alone.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Look at how much Pulisic cost Chelsea. Getting Rabiot for free is highway robbery. Rabiot entire contract+signing bonus could be less than what Chelsea just paid in a fee alone.

Pulisic will earn Chelsea tens of millions, he is the US posterboy. It's more of a financial and marketing stunt for Chelsea rather than a transfer of a player who could reasonably improve their side.

Home of Barca Fans