Adrien Rabiot

Joan

Thankfully you are one of the few who thinks like that. It's like having Jair without the annual 6 month hiatus.

Uhm, sorry, no. In my opinion, one of the most interesting posters. Offered a lot. The place is not the same without him.

xXKonan

Even if he comes for free+wages and his signing bonuses, I think it will be a rather pointless signing at this point after we got De Jong.

I would rather us look for a player who can fit the Vidal profile as Vidal is getting old and using Alena and Puig as attacking midfielder options to go along with Arthur and De Jong.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Even if he comes for free+wages and his signing bonuses, I think it will be a rather pointless signing at this point after we got De Jong.

I would rather us look for a player who can fit the Vidal profile as Vidal is getting old and using Alena and Puig as attacking midfielder options to go along with Arthur and De Jong.

Exactly. Someone like Ndombele.

Rabiot is too similar to De Jong and thinks he deserves a lot more than he gets. Nah, pass.

George_Costanza

Exactly. Someone like Ndombele.

Rabiot is too similar to De Jong and thinks he deserves a lot more than he gets. Nah, pass.

I don't think we need any more midfielders, at least not for the next few years. Some new talents will come up in a few years, why do we have to buy them all in 2018/19? Vidal is good for next season. Pique and Suarez replacemnts should be our next priorty.

xXKonan

We have been working on this one for a while but it would be funny if Rabiot's mom ended up being the main reason the deal never happens.

It was funny hearing reports awhile back from Paris United claiming his mom doesn't trust Abidal despite the fact it seems Abidal was the one pushing hard to get this one done. When you look at the rumors even by reliable sources it seemed Rabiot was first choice over De Jong.

I have to also think internally that some of the other big guns in the Sports Department and Board members got really tired of the crap surrounding Rabiot and the non-commitment shown by his mom, and they decided to return to De Jong and get this over with.

The De Jong transfer sent a big message to Rabiot and his Mom that we aren't going to wait for them forever and we aren't going to get easily bullied for a bigger signing bonus either. Because what we offered is about as good as it's going to get for them.

Givenchy

I don't think we need any more midfielders, at least not for the next few years. Some new talents will come up in a few years, why do we have to buy them all in 2018/19? Vidal is good for next season. Pique and Suarez replacemnts should be our next priorty.

I worry about Busi though. Vidal could play DM but i like his energy further up the pitch

Home of Barca Fans