Adrien Rabiot

Zidane82

Cesc said goodbye to the Chelsea players and fans today ...

I'd have him back here ahead of Rabiot ( and the Croatian I'm not allowed to mention)

clemente

I just don't like his face, gives me Logal Paul vibes, doesn't come off as a nice guy, we will hear a lot of locker room conflict stories.

Givenchy

I just don't like his face, gives me Logal Paul vibes, doesn't come off as a nice guy, we will hear a lot of locker room conflict stories.

i know exactly what you mean but couldn't put my finger on who he reminded me of, logan paul is a great shout :lol:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Imagine the uproar here if Rabiot walks in the midfield like Messi, and how he's done so often for PSG in their games :lol:

Leo_Messi

167340h.jpg

I like the hair though.

Last edited:

Remy savage

Pretty good stuff for a first post. :thumbsup:

Thanks.

This sort of logic doesn't work on here.

Say we decided to discard Rabiot and sign FDJ on a massive transfer fee which limits our abilities to make other signings. Well the same people who are calling Abidal and idiot now because he is not signing De Jong are the same people who are going to be calling him an idiot next season if we sign De Jong and fail to sign a back-up striker.

We keep on saying that our board is bad, but I think (though not perfect) they are good. If we take a look at a couple of the present board's signings like Gomes, Turan, Denis Suarez etc. are bad signings in hindsight. But at the time, we were signing them because they looked really good (Valencia had so much faith in Gomes' talent that they added a Ballon d'Or clause).

The board is being castigated for these signings, but I feel we as fans have gotten really entitled and forgotten that the transfer market is a game of chance. Not a single club, no matter how good their board is, will have a 100% success rate in the transfer market (I would really love to see the percentage of Barto's successful transfers).

Then there is the case of wages. I constantly hear Barca's wage bill is spiralling out of control, but we continue to advocate for signing high wage players and Rabiot is highly different. It's not like I'm an epic Rabiot fan, but I recognize the fact that he is a signing with the potential to be World Class. Whether he attains that or not is another story is an another story. We are allegedly giving him a 5-year-contract of €10m/year and a €10m sign-on bonus. Doing some rough investment analysis, Rabiot will cost Barca €60m barring any contract renewal and this is less than the purported De Jong transfer fee where it's rumored to be €70m and if you add his alleged €7m/year contract that it means he will cost Barca €105m if we give him a 5-year-contract.

Back to my point on wage bills (Todibo vs De Ligt). In an ideal world, I would sign De Ligt. But we have to take into consideration that this is reality and his wage will further stress our wage budget.

My argument? Though at present, De Ligt has shown better potential for succeeding at Barca, but Todibo might just suprise us. De Ligt will probably come for nothing less than €7m/year salary while Todibo will be on a much lower starting salary. In a scenario where they both become World Class, Todibo will prove to be a better deal. This is not just that he comes for free, but our wage budget will also see it as a bargain. Players usually don't see out their contracts before renewals. So if we get Todibo or De Ligt within 3 years and they turn out to be World Class, then they will be seeking contract renewals with increased salaries. De Ligt's €7m/year salary will become maybe €12m/year while Todibo will probably get a €7m/year salary in his second Barca contract as I imagine his wages will be significantly less than De Ligt. De Ligt, as can be seen, will place more stress for on our wage bill for a long while when compared to Todibo.

This doesn't mean I'm against De jong and De Ligt signings. It's just that (I will and most fans should understand) if the board doesn't go for one of even both De Jong and De Ligt but rather trusts the scouting team to find bargain deals. I mean, what's the point of a scouting team if you're only going to sign players that everyone and their mother know are food ala De Ligt, Coutinho, Dembele etc? A good scouting team will reveal a good player to the world and not just being players that have already shown their class elsewhere.

Remy savage

Off topic but I feel barca should always consider the striker position number one priority and not seek a bargain signing for this position but get the best strikers no matter the price (if we can afford it).As it takes more patience to develop a striker than a midfielder cause a striker who is still developing is more of a liability when compared to a developing midfielder
As the position is supposed to be the main goal outlet of a team.
This might just be delusional but bear with me let's say we can afford it we get Kane( insert any other world class striker here). We get a good 5 to 6 years from him and put aside some money every year for when whatever striker declines and we need a new one. 30 mil every year for 6 years provides a 180mil striker war chest and will probably get us another world class striker in his prime.
We've had pretty good strikers in the past Ronaldo, Eto, Henry,Suarez and based on that history I think the board shares my view as they have shown that they are willing to take chances with bargain signings in other positions but not that of main striker

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Rabiot is coming for FREE and there is nothing Barcaforum can do about it.

Its definitely not for free (im not alking about $ here). We've dealt with similar snakes before and been bitten, you'd think we would've learnt by now.

It's actually down right hilarious if you think our board has even done a remotely decent job.
First and foremost, Messi's contract situation up till recently,
Secondly Coutinho and Dembele fees
Thirdly a bunch of mediocre players being purchased for barca.

No one expects 100% in transfers but when its closer to 10% then its a major issue.

Last edited:

Butterslax

No one expects 100% in transfers but when its closer to 10% then its a major issue.

Bravo, MatS, Rakitic, Suarez, Umtiti and promising players/subs as Cillessen, Dembele, Coutinho, Semedo, Vidal, Arthur, Lenglet and Malcom. That's actually quite good. Of course their have been some terrible (Turan, Gomes, Vidal) and some meh signings (digne, Paulinho, paco) but all in all the board have done ok.

The problem for me have been the time for them to react on important players getting old and not buying subs but it seems as if thats something they are thinking about and trying to change.

George_Costanza

Rabiot is coming for FREE and there is nothing Barcaforum can do about it.

Did you fail a math class? How is he coming for free?

-He is not worth more than 5m salary. 5m*5y= 25m + (If he isn't for free, we pay lets to say an average of 60m for PSG)= 85m total deal amount

-He is getting 10m+sigining bunos of 15m he asked for + (Zero for PSG since he is out of contract). 10m*5y+15m= 65m total deal amount

-We are saving only 20m which is not that big. This scenario if we bought him from PSG for 60m. He is on his last year of a contract, the 60m should be more like 30m. So we are actually overpaying for him.

khaled_a_d

Did you fail a math class? How is he coming for free?

-He is not worth more than 5m salary. 5m*5y= 25m + (If he isn't for free, we pay lets to say an average of 60m for PSG)= 85m total deal amount

-He is getting 10m+sigining bunos of 15m he asked for + (Zero for PSG since he is out of contract). 10m*5y+15m= 65m total deal amount

-We are saving only 20m which is not that big. This scenario if we bought him from PSG for 60m. He is on his last year of a contract, the 60m should be more like 30m. So we are actually overpaying for him.

Who is saying those numbers?
-Player like Rabiot is never worth just 5M salary when he is signing a new contract, at least he is worth 8M in free market.
-Players still get signing bonus when signing from other club. If he was sold for 60M he will at least get another 5M for himself as signing bonus.
-Agents gets 5% of the deal from buying club in current market. That is another 3M if he is sold for 60M
So overall, he is just getting 10M extra in salary, and 2M extra in Bonuses.
That is 48M over 5 years. Doesn't look bad to me.

Home of Barca Fans