Alen Halilović

MessiDinho10

Jutarni (Croatian diario) now reporting that Dinamo president Mirko Barasic told them talks with Barcelona on Halilovic are well advanced (Sport).

He also said that Halilovic won't stay at Dinamo Zagreb to develop in their team.

Looks like it's almost done.

Mesu

@barcastuff

Barisic (chairman D.Zagreb): "Guarantees Halilovic will play at Barça? You can't get guarantees at first team, but he can play at B-team."

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
From what I read, Halilovic has a big ego and his father/agent wanted him to play for the A team when he was linked to Spurs and that's why they turned them down (from our forum's very own "AfricanBavarian", :p)? And he is known for diving and clubbing?

Sure hopes he won't turn out as another Thiago Alcantara. Perhaps we will sell him to Chelsea/Bayern for 30m a couple of years later and pocket the profit. :lol:

Stric

He's a local kid. Some friends of mine know him. He's got personality issues on and off the pitch. Wouldn't really want him at Barca. But I'm anal about personalities so take that with a grain of salt. :lol:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He's a local kid. Some friends of mine know him. He's got personality issues on and off the pitch. Wouldn't really want him at Barca. But I'm anal about personalities so take that with a grain of salt. :lol:

What kind of personality issues Stric? Can you elaborate and be more specific?

ZenI

Professor Balthazar

Who doesn't have personality issues when they're 17 huh? In retrospective, I had loads :lol:

Djab

Personality issues, what that can be? Split personality? Does he think of himself as a potato on the pitch and a footballer off the pitch?

In all seriousness I watched some of his clips on YT and the kid looks like a serious potential.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Hopefully he doesn't throw a tantrum like Kiko Femenia if he doesn't get promoted after one season.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Any young player with insane talent is going to have issues with an inflated ego. They transition from being the big fish in the small pond to a kid in a man's world, at which point most of them turn arrogance into ambition and start putting their attitude towards becoming successful. Deulofeu was a brat no less than a season ago, now he's improving his attitude on the pitch and being very supportive to his teams and teammates. Neymar has also had issues with being a diva, now he's buckled down and works hard constantly while showing humble behavior within the team. I highly doubt it'll become a long term issue like Costa or Balotelli.

Alarcón

Messi's ego was big too. He cried when he didn't play in the CL final and didn't show up at the party after the game.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Why haven't we signed him yet? What's up? Was this just some trick to get more money for him?

Home of Barca Fans