Alen Halilović

MessiDinho10

Nice post about Croatian football. There is one othet player I know of who did not sign a contract extension with Dinamo, Robert Muric. He plays at Ajax now. When he made it clear he did not want to extend his contract, Mamic threatened him and his father, IIRC even with a gun. That's Mamic for ya.

Muric is doing fine now, he left Dinamo on a free and is probably going to be a regular for Ajax next season.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't believe those rumors. But then again it's his dad and I don't know much about him. Halilovic wants to make it at Barca. He was patient and played for Barca B and Sporting and will go on another loan.I think Rakitic just confirmed that young Alen plans to stay.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
There's way too many rumors like that from different sources, from Valencia and now Barcelona to overlook it. Not saying it's 100%, but not that far-fetched either.

Wouldn't be the first case of entourages messing up for their players.

There were plenty of rumors last year too, of his dad trying to find a CL team for him, but in the end Lucho specifically recommended him to join Sporting. Perhaps they thought doing that would fast-track him to the 1st team by listening to the coach.

This year on the other hand, they could be vying for what they initially wanted. A more high-profile team with higher wages most of them wouldn't give him.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

There's way too many rumors like that from different sources, from Valencia and now Barcelona to overlook it. Not saying it's 100%, but not that far-fetched either.

Wouldn't be the first case of entourages messing up for their players.

I am not sure why it is messing up?2M is reasonable salary for a talent like him if he is gonna be sold after having very good season with Sporting
For all he knows he could be sold with buy back that we will never exercise and he found that the deal he signed in 2016 will continue to be his wage for 2021
It is possible he gets even more in PL

DonAK

I am not sure why it is messing up?2M is reasonable salary for a talent like him if he is gonna be sold after having very good season with Sporting
For all he knows he could be sold with buy back that we will never exercise and he found that the deal he signed in 2016 will continue to be his wage for 2021
It is possible he gets even more in PL

It's messing up if most teams are not prepared to pay it.

Obviously depends on their priorities too though.

khaled_a_d

It's messing up if most teams are not prepared to pay it.

Obviously depends on their priorities too though.

It is early June,Alen joined Sporting in August IIRC.It is normal that his enourage will test the market and take his time.

serghei

A more high-profile team is the best solution for him I think. He needs to play for a team that will allow him to be on the ball more.

DonAK

It is early June,Alen joined Sporting in August IIRC.It is normal that his enourage will test the market and take his time.

If he want high wages, then he'll get it. As you said, some PL club might happily pay it. Would it be the best for his development though? I doubt it.

Let's see which direction this takes. Would prefer him getting loaned/sold with buyback to a EL/CL Liga team, and those might not offer him the amount he want after just one good season at this level.

khaled_a_d

If he want high wages, then he'll get it. As you said, some PL club might happily pay it. Would it be the best for his development though? I doubt it.

Let's see which direction this takes. Would prefer him getting loaned/sold with buyback to a EL/CL Liga team, and those might not offer him the amount he want after just one good season at this level.

That is the problem with the whole selling with buyback.It is just a semi-loans for the clubs but it isn't like that for the players
They know it isn't just a loan and they could be stuck in their new club for years as a lot of things could go wrong. For them it a sell and when they are bought back it a new selling again as they can reject coming back and can ask for higher wage than previously agreed as it happened D.Suarez
Football is a career,If you are agent of a guy in any career would you tell him to accept the highest offer or risk it all for potential future deal that could never happen?
We keep talking about players going for money like it is a bad thing.truth is it is the most right thing they could ever do for themselves and if any of us was in their position we would have done the same.
And Alen so far has proved not to be so greedy.but his entourage has every right to secure as much money as he can.

Home of Barca Fans