Alen Halilović

BBZ8800

There might be problems with those 60%, imo.

Imagine if you are a team battling for a relegation, and you sign this deal.
And if it turns out soon that a player is too young, or not good enough, or not physically ready to play yet.

And then, you have to sacrifice your whole team, because a youngster who is not ready, needs to play.
(I am not saying that Halilovic won't be good/ready, but that is a reasonable possibility, like Deulo in Sevilla, for example.
Imagine if Deulo needed to play in 60% of matches, even though a coach didn't like his skills.)

Also, are we talking about 60% of La liga minutes or 60% of matches, because if it is about matches, a team who loans him can "cheat" and sub him in in the last 2-3 minutes of all matches to get to 60% of matches (even if he turns out to be not good enough).

I wanted to say: if Hamburg doesn't want to sign a 60% deal, then Borussia surely won't sign it, and Porto either.
Only Gijon could accept that kind of a deal, because they are the weakest and Abelardo would probably help to Barca.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona

And if it turns out soon that a player is too young, or not good enough, or not physically ready to play yet.

And then, you have to sacrifice your whole team, because a youngster who is not ready, needs to play.
(I am not saying that Halilovic won't be good/ready, but that is a reasonable possibility, like Deulo in Sevilla, for example.
Imagine if Deulo needed to play in 60% of matches, even though a coach didn't like his skills.)

Also, are we talking about 60% of La liga minutes or 60% of matches, because if it is about matches, a team who loans him can "cheat" and sub him in in the last 2-3 minutes of all matches to get to 60% of matches (even if he turns out to be not good enough).

I wanted to say: if Hamburg doesn't want to sign a 60% deal, then Borussia surely won't sign it, and Porto either.
Only Gijon could accept that kind of a deal, because they are the weakest and Abelardo would probably help to Barca.

I don't think the 60% clause will be less than 50 min per game of those 60% else it would defeat the purpose as teams will just give him garbage minutes

Rahj

it would have been more plausible that if this season will be as bad as the last two for hamburg, they just pay more for halilovic and play him less and hope to stay in the bundesliga.

khaled_a_d

BVB won't accept 60% clause .but If they give him even 30% it would be better than HSV
A loan to HSV is all about giving him playing time .they are terrible team as people him mentioned .but with BVB he can be a bench player who get reasonable playing time while playing with very good players like Reus and Aubameyang and training with them every day
It is same with Porto .those clubs are sort of mini-Barca experience for him .training and playing with very good players everyday while getting some playing time but not as a starter
There is a reason that such a clause appeared to surface when HSV was the one negotiating
That said I won't blame anyone for rejecting such clause .each club is looking for its own best interest

God Serena

If we have to put a clause in demanding the player get minutes chances are that's not the right place to send him. Everton and Sevilla both had clauses to encourage them to play Deulofeu more and neither one cared at all because he simply wasn't very good.

xXKonan

Abelardo (coach Sporting): "I talked with Halilovic to explain what I expect from him. We don't have anyone like him. It's up to him now."

Abelardo (coach Sporting Gijon): "Guaranteed playing time? Player should earn playing time, but I understand that Barça want him to play.

xXKonan

Abelardo (coach Sporting): "I talked with Alen. That's important. As a player I'd also have liked to know what the coach thought about me."

Abelardo (coach Sporting): "Halilovic asked for a few days to think about our offer. We respect that. He has to decide what's best for him."

xXKonan

Barcelona sources confirm that Luis Enrique would like Halilovic to join Sporting Gijon, coached by his ex-teammate Abelardo, on loan. [md]

Barcilliant

All these over hyped youngsters!

At the present time not one of them looks like they could be a future starter for Barca.

Delofeu, Adama, Halilovic, Suarez.....

I am sick of the word "potential".

Potential is nothing if it doesn't come to fruition.

Potential has to be backed up by hard work, intelligence and the right mindset.

Home of Barca Fans