Alen Halilović

BBZ8800

If this is true, I won't even mind letting him go for good. We can do without self-important twats here, especially when they're not yet at the level we require football-wise.

I was writing some things about his attitude from Dinamo and Croatia, but some fans said that I am just a hater.
He had too many incidents already for such a young, developing kid/player.

I mean, as a 17-years old, he was already fighting with newspapers, lol.
He was angry at the media because they wrote that he offered too little on U-18 (or whatever age) tournament.
And, lo, it was true. He played like a crap.

This was his answer for the media after his team finally scored:
ibygbQy3ehRFGK.gif

Apart from his footballing problems (decisions, one dimensional), weak physique, he just reminds too much of Deulofeu with his bad and arrogant attitude.
And again, good surroundings could maybe help in solving those problems, since he is still a kid.
But if his father is supporting such a behavior and if his father is actually telling him: "Don't listen to them, you are the best", then he won't get too far.

For Barca's level you need to be awesome in all areas, even in mental/attitude area.
If you are weak there, well, you will end up in Everton, and not in Barca.

Let's hope that Lee won't have similar problems (he showed some glimpses already of a similar behavior).
Too many of our kids lately are turning to be arrogant idiots...

dakt

Yeah. He seems like spoiled twat. I shouldn't be here pulling the trigger, but as far as I'm concerned, good luck to him and I hope you'll prove that you're worth something.

Stric

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think his attitude will change drastically. He may calm down somewhat when he gets older, but the problem with his attitude is more of a character-trait than a phase. You're either a douchebag or you're not. Besides, it's not exactly rare to see 25+ or 30+ year-old players still behaving like children. He wouldn't be the first or the last one.

khaled_a_d

I was writing some things about his attitude from Dinamo and Croatia, but some fans said that I am just a hater.
He had too many incidents already for such a young, developing kid/player.

I mean, as a 17-years old, he was already fighting with newspapers, lol.
He was angry at the media because they wrote that he offered too little on U-18 (or whatever age) tournament.
And, lo, it was true. He played like a crap.

This was his answer for the media after his team finally scored:
ibygbQy3ehRFGK.gif

Apart from his footballing problems (decisions, one dimensional), weak physique, he just reminds too much of Deulofeu with his bad and arrogant attitude.
And again, good surroundings could maybe help in solving those problems, since he is still a kid.
But if his father is supporting such a behavior and if his father is actually telling him: "Don't listen to them, you are the best", then he won't get too far.

For Barca's level you need to be awesome in all areas, even in mental/attitude area.
If you are weak there, well, you will end up in Everton, and not in Barca.

Let's hope that Lee won't have similar problems (he showed some glimpses already of a similar behavior).
Too many of our kids lately are turning to be arrogant idiots...

I really don't care what happened b4 he joined Barca tbh .many of our players now could have been arrogant at such age b4 but b4 youtube and online streaming era we would never know.now everything is getting blown out of proportion
Pique had same egoistic character btw and he still shows reminisce of it from time to time
Alen rejected a chance to join 1st team in EPL and accepted to play with Barca b
Since he joined Barca their was only one character incident that there was a complain about being subbed.immediately apologized and accepted to be punished and even the management didn't made a big deal of it because the saw it as more willing to play and help than ego
Nothing else showed .in contrary he is the only Barca B who showed progress during the season cementing his place as a starter and working on his decision making to be better etc

There is also nothing wrong in choosing the club he wants to join
The club already has proven they are awful in picking loans ,they have forced Deulofeu twice to teams to be loaned (the 2nd one he clearly didn't like) and say what you want about Gerard but neither clubs was the best choice for him
D.Suarez loan to Sevilla is probably not the best either ,same for Cuenca to Ajax,Bojan loan and the list goes on .in most cases when the players left for the club they choose they have done better
Sporting is probably only frontrunner because of their coach relation with the management .he has every right to consider best option for his development
Remember,there is a rumor that Porto want him .they fit perfectly for loaning young player (with an ex-youth team coach) and they are CL team .same with BVB

God Serena

I really don't care what happened b4 he joined Barca tbh .many of our players now could have been arrogant at such age b4 but b4 youtube and online streaming era we would never know.now everything is getting blown out of proportion
Pique had same egoistic character btw and he still shows reminisce of it from time to time
Alen rejected a chance to join 1st team in EPL and accepted to play with Barca b
Since he joined Barca their was only one character incident that there was a complain about being subbed.immediately apologized and accepted to be punished and even the management didn't made a big deal of it because the saw it as more willing to play and help than ego
Nothing else showed .in contrary he is the only Barca B who showed progress during the season cementing his place as a starter and working on his decision making to be better etc

There is also nothing wrong in choosing the club he wants to join
The club already has proven they are awful in picking loans ,they have forced Deulofeu twice to teams to be loaned (the 2nd one he clearly didn't like) and say what you want about Gerard but neither clubs was the best choice for him
D.Suarez loan to Sevilla is probably not the best either ,same for Cuenca to Ajax,Bojan loan and the list goes on .in most cases when the players left for the club they choose they have done better
Sporting is probably only frontrunner because of their coach relation with the management .he has every right to consider best option for his development
Remember,there is a rumor that Porto want him .they fit perfectly for loaning young player (with an ex-youth team coach) and they are CL team .same with BVB

Gotta love how people will find a way to support the players they like no matter what they do.

But yeah, I'm sure Halilovic and his father know better than everyone how good he is and what team is best for him to be loaned to. Hopefully we get as much for him in a couple years as we did for Adama.

Stric

Cuenca and Bojan could have gone anywhere and it wouldn't make any difference, because they weren't playing well. Same thing for Deulofeu. What would have helped these players get more consistent playing time (and possibly develop because of it) would be to send them to even lower-ranking clubs, where they'd get more opportunities. But as you can imagine, the players wouldn't be happy with that idea. They're the ones pushing these deals in the wrong direction. If Alen chooses a "better" club to go to on his own, because Barcelona "has proven they are awful in picking loans", he'll most likely do even more damage to himself. Any UCL club is bound to give him way less playing time than Sporting Gijon. But if what's said about his father's wishes is true, then they obviously care more about building his reputation and having him on a UCL squad list than they do about actually developing him to become a better player. As I said, form over substance.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Gotta love how people will find a way to support the players they like no matter what they do.

But yeah, I'm sure Halilovic and his father know better than everyone how good he is and what team is best for him to be loaned to. Hopefully we get as much for him in a couple years as we did for Adama.

I love how people always think they know the best interest of someone than himself .
I also love how people would laugh at MD if they linked us to certain players and talk how crap they are .but if they said something about one of our players then everyone go mad at him not MD
And according to media ,he wanted the move to HSV who are fighting relegation yet people believe that "he wants only CL/EL club" crap

Cuenca and Bojan could have gone anywhere and it wouldn't make any difference, because they weren't playing well. Same thing for Deulofeu. What would have helped these players get more consistent playing time (and possibly develop because of it) would be to send them to even lower-ranking clubs, where they'd get more opportunities. But as you can imagine, the players wouldn't be happy with that idea. They're the ones pushing these deals in the wrong direction. If Alen chooses a "better" club to go to on his own, because Barcelona "has proven they are awful in picking loans", he'll most likely do even more damage to himself. Any UCL club is bound to give him way less playing time than Sporting Gijon. But if what's said about his father's wishes is true, then they obviously care more about building his reputation and having him on a UCL squad list than they do about actually developing him to become a better player. As I said, form over substance.

Bojan did better with Stoke than going to clubs that we had too close relation to their coach(although Hughes was Barca player) like Ajax or Roma .2 clubs we choose for him
Same for Cuenca and Depor .that was the best club for him so far .though injuries hurt his career bad
Gerard didn't push for anything ,he prefered Sevilla/Valencia who wanted him over Everton in 2013 yet according to Sevilla themselves we prefered Everton due to better financial offer .he accepted the club choice
And he himself admitted he was surprised by Sevilla move in 2014 and it came out of the blue
Yes better loaning might not made them barca level .but it could helped their career better which for any football player is more important than anything
Every person has every right to have a say in his career decision . the club didn't give any of our prospects enough reasons to make them believe in their choice in loans .
I would never blame a player for trying to get the make the best career decision even if doesn't match what the club thinks
And there are many ways to develop a player .not just playing time .playing and training beside gr8 players can do wonders for many players over more playing time in crappy club .if clubs like BVB & Porto are interested as rumored I won't blame him for trying to jump to learn in very good teams who are way better than Sporting

CuleLife4Life

I remember a poster talking about his negative attitude before he joined. Sad he hasn't changed after playing on a team like ours. Humility is the key to success.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Even I was flamed for saying his attitude is wrong. I have literally no hopes for this kid. Denis and samper are the only decent bunch we are left with.

xXKonan

Barcelona midfielder Alen Halilovic (19) will make a decision on his future in 2-3 days. He's likely to join Sporting Gijon on loan. [rac1]

I guess khaled_a_d could be right and MD was sprouted off some nonsense about Halilovic's father saying he won't join Gijon. Rac1 is a lot more reliable than MD that's for sure.

F

Flavia

Barcelona midfielder Alen Halilovic (19) will make a decision on his future in 2-3 days. He's likely to join Sporting Gijon on loan. [rac1]

I guess khaled_a_d could be right and MD was sprouted off some nonsense about Halilovic's father saying he won't join Gijon. Rac1 is a lot more reliable than MD that's for sure.
rac1 and md are the same. Both belong to the same group.

God Serena

If he really joins Gijon that's great. Refusing a team because they're not in the CL when you're barely good enough for the second division isn't a smart move. Gijon would be the absolute best for any imaginary development he may experience.

khaled_a_d

If he really joins Gijon that's great. Refusing a team because they're not in the CL when you're barely good enough for the second division isn't a smart move. Gijon would be the absolute best for any imaginary development he may experience.

Out or curiosity ,do you know how Gijon play?their style,best players ,etc?
I really can't believe anyone here know a lot about them .yet people really want him to go there and will be mad at him if he reject such a move

Home of Barca Fans