Alen Halilović

BBZ8800

So now that he's settled at (for?) Gijon and apparently taken the time and effort to learn the language quite well, how does that fit with the narrative that a lot of you guys seem to have concocted (mostly through random rumors about a father that perhaps or perhaps not wanted Alen to play ChL), that he's the most spoiled and arrogant prat ever to wear Blaugrana?

Anyhow, I for one am a little excited to follow him in La Liga, despite the absurd amount of flak he's been receiving in here.

Some of us are surely exaggerating about his mistakes, attitude problems etc.
But surely, there were a lot of random stories about that on Barcaforum and in Croatian media.

"The street" (people on the street, people who know him, urban legends) in Croatia, in capital Zagreb, says that he is quite spoiled and arrogant, and his father also.
For example, 2-3 Months ago, there was a strong rumour in Croatia that he had a short affair with a local 31-years old singer Lana Jurcevic, and that he was trying to find ways to travel back to Zagreb (during NT matches and on every possible opportunity) as often as he could and staying as long as possible, each time.
Some rumours said that he lost his mind so much about that singer that he considered faking injuries, or breaking up the contract with Barca so that he could play somewhere else and be closer to her.
Story says that his dad finally slapped him and forced to train and to think about football again.

I have no idea whether those and similar stories are true, and if yes, to which extent.
But I am just saying, here in Croatia, you can "hear" a lot of strange stories and some scandals about some players, while you will rarely hear something bad, for example, about Rakitic, Kovacic, Modric.

Anyway, this is the singer from Halil's love story:

** I really didn't want to write something bad this time, I want to see him on field now.
I just wanted to explain, for some players you can just always hear some rumours, scandals, stories about their behavior, arrogance etc.
And about other players you don't hear too much.

It can be that people hate some guys, or that they are jealous.
But also, it can be that where is a smoke, there is a fire also :sherlock:

xXKonan

Halilovic: "I talked with Abelardo (coach) and Luis Enrique made clear I had to join Sporting, that it'd be a good club for me."

Halilovic (on loan at Sporting): "I'm very happy to be here at Sporting. I didn't expect such a great welcome."

Halilovic: "I prefer to play on the right wing, so I can cut inside and shoot. Coach said he also wants me to defend."

Halilovic: "I'd have wanted to make my debut against Madrid, but I had fever this week and I couldn't train for 3-4 days."

khaled_a_d

But surely, there were a lot of random stories about that on Barcaforum and in Croatian media.

"The street" (people on the street, people who know him, urban legends) in Croatia, in capital Zagreb, says that he is quite spoiled and arrogant, and his father also.
For example, 2-3 Months ago, there was a strong rumour in Croatia that he had a short affair with a local 31-years old singer Lana Jurcevic, and that he was trying to find ways to travel back to Zagreb (during NT matches and on every possible opportunity) as often as he could and staying as long as possible, each time.
Some rumours said that he lost his mind so much about that singer that he considered faking injuries, or breaking up the contract with Barca so that he could play somewhere else and be closer to her.
Story says that his dad finally slapped him and forced to train and to think about football again.

I have no idea whether those and similar stories are true, and if yes, to which extent.
But I am just saying, here in Croatia, you can "hear" a lot of strange stories and some scandals about some players, while you will rarely hear something bad, for example, about Rakitic, Kovacic, Modric.

** I really didn't want to write something bad this time, I want to see him on field now.
I just wanted to explain, for some players you can just always hear some rumours, scandals, stories about their behavior, arrogance etc.

How famous is this singer?because you know there are many times that actually those girls are the one making the rumors to get more coverage specially world wide
Like there is a hot model every week that says she is dating Cr7 since he broke up with Irina .most _may be all_ of them are probably faking those story to get one week of extra coverage

I think people should really forget about what tabloids say ,forget the hype
I was disappointed with Alen early on due to all the hype and the expectations .but then I thought he was just the youngest player in Barca B ,I decided to think about him as a player who is just promoted from Juvenil A to Barca B and adapting to the team (never mind his task might been even more difficult as foreigner ) .it took time but he adapted .he showed signs of learning .became better defending .doing most of what coach is asking him .didn't really create any problems etc
Media is media ,they will always find a way to say shit about the players .creating headlines .Alen is 19 years old playing in Barcelona .currently the biggest team in the world .with his Justin Bieber look it is easier to create rumors about him than Rakitic (joined Barca as 26 years old in long relation with his gf) ,Modric(left Croatia when he was 23) or Kovacic who was playing in pathetic Inter
The simple fact ,if we forget what media says ,what youtube scouts calls him .Alen has done everything you would want from 19 years old talented prospect
He might not turn into next Messi .well only god knows how long it will take b4 the world witness another player of that level .but as it stands right now he look like a talented prospect trying to have the best possible career

Last edited:

Trickykid

Fair enough. Tabloids gotta sell and all that. Perhaps there is some truth to it, but as long as he behaves while he is related to us, I really don't want to judge him.
My outburst was mainly minded at the people jumping at him because of the ridiculous EMD rumor regarding ChL footie. People have a nasty habit of bandwagoning on the basis of every single rumor that'll fit their own little narrative.

zanela

How famous is this singer?because you know there are many times that actually those girls are the one making the rumors to get more coverage specially world wide
Like there is a hot model every week that says she is dating Cr7 since he broke up with Irina .most _may be all_ of them are probably faking those story to get one week of extra coverage

I think people should really forget about what tabloids say ,forget the hype
I was disappointed with Alen early on due to all the hype and the expectations .but then I thought he was just the youngest player in Barca B ,I decided to think about him as a player who is just promoted from Juvenil A to Barca B and adapting to the team (never mind his task might been even more difficult as foreigner ) .it took time but he adapted .he showed signs of learning .became better defending .doing most of what coach is asking him .didn't really create any problems etc
Media is media ,they will always find a way to say shit about the players .creating headlines .Alen is 19 years old playing in Barcelona .currently the biggest team in the world .with his Justin Bieber look it is easier to create rumors about him than Rakitic (joined Barca as 26 years old in long relation with his gf) ,Modric(left Croatia when he was 23) or Kovacic who was playing in pathetic Inter
The simple fact ,if we forget what media says ,what youtube scouts calls him .Alen has done everything you would want from 19 years old talented prospect
He might not turn into next Messi .well only god knows how long it will take b4 the world witness another player of that level .but as it stands right now he look like a talented prospect trying to have the best possible career

Your unconditional love for the kid is off the charts. From Samper bashing to Alen loving.
How would a singer linking herself with an upcoming Barca B player having a fanbase limited to Croatia and some Barcelona fans gonna get her worldwide coverage? I could understand if the young talent in question is a Pogba or a Neymar, players of international fame. Justin Bieber looks? :lol: I hadn't even thought along those lines. There's nothing interesting about Alen's looks or his personality. At this moment he's just a prospect, and there are many like him. The tabloids could create more buzz by linking her up with more popular and acclaimed croatian stars like Modrić and Ivan, and the fact that they are married would get them more clicks.. The fact that BBZ had to brief us about this 'exclusive' shows how much the singer and the media have gotten world exposure. :lol:

I'm with BBZ, there is smoke only where there is fire.

khaled_a_d

Your unconditional love for the kid is off the charts. From Samper bashing to Alen loving.
How would a singer linking herself with an upcoming Barca B player having a fanbase limited to Croatia and some Barcelona fans gonna get her worldwide coverage? I could understand if the young talent in question is a Pogba or a Neymar, players of international fame. Justin Bieber looks? :lol: I hadn't even thought along those lines. There's nothing interesting about Alen's looks or his personality. At this moment he's just a prospect, and there are many like him. The tabloids could create more buzz by linking her up with more popular and acclaimed croatian stars like Modrić and Ivan, and the fact that they are married would get them more clicks.. The fact that BBZ had to brief us about this 'exclusive' shows how much the singer and the media have gotten world exposure. :lol:

I'm with BBZ, there is smoke only where there is fire.

I don't have unconditional love to any prospect .I would like all of them to be next Messi/Iniesta etc but it won't happen .it is true though that I see him as probably the best prospect we have with the best chance to succeed from the current generation
The justin Bieber look isn't something I made btw ,it was said about him(as a criticism ) many times here in this forum,not my line . I meant he look like someone who many would believe anything about .

The "there is smoke only where there is fire." phrase is a probably the worst phrase I've ever heard/read in my life .no offense to anyone .
a lot of shit is said with absolutely no basis .
It is just a choice to what shit you want to believe ,people will say there is no smoke without fire if that is about Alen or about a player they don't like(like many RM fans do with barca players rumors.or vice versa) or wtf,are you joking if it is a player you like
For me I only care what footballers do about their career well in 99% of cases tbh .I won't care about a shitty tabloid rumor like this one .

zanela

I don't have unconditional love to any prospect .I would like all of them to be next Messi/Iniesta etc but it won't happen .it is true though that I see him as probably the best prospect we have with the best chance to succeed from the current generation
The justin Bieber look isn't something I made btw ,it was said about him(as a criticism ) many times here in this forum,not my line . I meant he look like someone who many would believe anything about .

The "there is smoke only where there is fire." phrase is a probably the worst phrase I've ever heard/read in my life .no offense to anyone .
a lot of shit is said with absolutely no basis .
It is just a choice to what shit you want to believe ,people will say there is no smoke without fire if that is about Alen or about a player they don't like(like many RM fans do with barca players rumors.or vice versa) or wtf,are you joking if it is a player you like
For me I only care what footballers do about their career well in 99% of cases tbh .I won't care about a shitty tabloid rumor like this one .

PPl say shit, but there is always a trigger. Celebrities and media are always looking at maximizing the market. You're right, wht one wants to believe is his/her choice, but for some it is decided by emotions, and for some others by reasoning.
For someone who doesn't care about a shitty tabloid rumour, you sure not only did comment, but also tried your best to dismiss it.
And I don't see how creating rumours about a player in the segunda (even if barca B) has more potential for the tabloids than doing so for a Serie A player (Kova for ex). Great players are usually quiet workers, those who are written more for their off-pitch antics than for their performances don't last long unless the player in question is an insane once-in a gen talent. For a teen to be in the news for poor attitude/distractions isn't exactly a positive start.
Now I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt. But your argument in his defense wasn't a convincing one.

Stric

The singer you're talking about is incomparably more famous in Croatia than Alen is, so she wouldn't benefit from the coverage. On the contrary.

Stric

Besides, the entire story regarding the two of them is either made up or just blown way out of proportion. It doesn't even matter, really. There are bigger problems regarding Halilović than who he spends his money on and time with. As long as it doesn't mess up his professional life.

Home of Barca Fans