Alex Song

JackWilshere4

How is he fvcking this up? If the player is not forcing a move and wenger is keen on holding him, then there’s no problem. The only thing is wenger has no problem lying when he wants to and i think if a good offer comes he will sell without hesitation

Barca are surely not going to pay us more than £15 Mil? I would take that money from them and then get Sahin on loan (we are close to getting him) and M'Vila or maybe even Etienne Capoue.

Barca_070

This would be so stupid, he would just be another Yaya Toure, to good for the bench but a better player than him( Busquets) on his position. And if youre signing a DM, it shouldnt be Song. He isnt the best option for that position. I mean M'Vila is better than Song and also cheaper.

I just dont get it.

Last edited:

Barca_070

Arsenal fan here

First time poster, I usually dont register in oppositions forum, but I looked up your forum to see your reaction on the song rumors. When i first heard the rumors, i just laughed them off thought it was nonsense, but the speculation has not gone away and it actually looks like there is something in this. So i wanted to see your reaction and lets just say Im surprised of what im reading.

Im not the biggest Song fan out there and i think he will fail at barca, my guess is if this transfer goes through, i can see him back in the PL within 2 years. I read
some of the post here and I dont want to be disrespectful here, but you guys are really overrating the player. Someone said he's a better version of keita, i would have done anything to have a player with keitas attribute at Arsenals midifeld.

Song is nowhere near as mobile or quick as keita, in fact Wenger used to play with 2 midfielders when we had Flamini in there as he was similar to Mascherano. But with Song and Fabregas he had to play with 3 midfielders cause both are slow as hell. Song is a sloppy passer and a risk taker. he made 11 assists this season and some fantastic over the defence passes, but these passes are far from the norm. He places so many of these longer passes away. in fact anything over 20 yards they rarely go to the right target. He's not great at reading the game and has alot of lapses in concentration, poor positioning hence why he makes so many fouls. I truly cant see a team like barca who are known for their accurate quick passing would do with Song in midfield. I have seen mascherano who is a top defensive
midfielder look a bit out of place in barcas midfield, so i would hate to see how Song would look like. Also I have seen 2 Song take a shot outside the penalty area and both times they were close to the corner, he cant shoot at all.

He has some good attributes as well. he's strong as hell, once he has the ball on his feet, its hard to take it from him and he wins alot of 50/50 if you are near enough to tangle with him. Overall he's a good player similar to hleb was a good player. But never a Barcelona level of player. i know some of you think he can play in
defense, and he can, but he's not a great defender at all. hence why he very rarely gets a chance there at Arsenal. The few times he has got to play in CB for us, he looked like a good midfielder playing in defense basically. Good with the ball and all over the place positionally.

Im properly coming across like a bitter Song hater, but I would love us to sell him and get a midfielder with discipline. Anyway despite my wish for him to be sold, I doubt it will happen as he has 3 years left on his contract and the likes of nasri, rvp and clichy all had 12 months on their contract. And Cesc was a special case.....so for the price Wenger would ask, Barca would move on and find another player

THIS, can't agree more with you. If you analyze Song, this is the conclusion you could make.

Last edited:

Arachnid

This would be so stupid, he would just be another Yaya Toure, to good for the bench but a better player than him( Busquets) on his position. Also he isnt the best option for that position. I mean M'Vila is better than Song and also cheaper.

I just dont get it.

Your feeble human logic will never comprehend... ¡ZUBI LOGIC!

Gervinho

This would be so stupid, he would just be another Yaya Toure, to good for the bench but a better player than him( Busquets) on his position. Also he isnt the best option for that position. I mean M'Vila is better than Song and also cheaper.

I just dont get it.
i dont know if barca can handle mvilas thug life....he's a gangster

Robbie

Song has his downsides, but Barca are obviously signing him because they have use for the qualities he has. He's strong, great at keeping possession, and capable of playing many positions. I think he'll end up as the John O'Shea of Barca: a utility man who spends a lot of time on the bench, but plays a surprisingly large amount of games in random positions depending on who is injured.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Song has his downsides, but Barca are obviously signing him because they have use for the qualities he has. He's strong, great at keeping possession, and capable of playing many positions. I think he'll end up as the John O'Shea of Barca: a utility man who spends a lot of time on the bench, but plays a surprisingly large amount of games in random positions depending on who is injured.

But we've already got too much competition for places in midfield... Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, Thiago, Afellay (can play on the wings too), JDS (might be loaned out), Sergi Roberto (B) and Rafinha (B) could all be given game time in the two central midfield positions. If we get Song he wouldn't only be a hindrance for Thiago this season, but he'd also be an obstacle for Rafinha and Roberto next season.

Gervinho

@Gervinho

Could Song be an option at the CB position in your opinion?

Not really, he's not a CB. he has very little experience in that position. He has played there handful of games in his whole career. The idea that Song is a CB comes from Wenger saying it and him dropping there few games where we are going for it at the end and we bring in another midfielder for a cb and drop him deeper. But I dont see him doing as good as Mascherano in that position. And him and Pique will be a bad combination as both are not the quickest

Barca_070

Not really, he's not a CB. he has very little experience in that position. He has played there handful of games in his whole career. The idea that Song is a CB comes from Wenger saying it and him dropping there few games where we are going for it at the end and we bring in another midfielder for a cb and drop him deeper. But I dont see him doing as good as Mascherano in that position. And him and Pique will be a bad combination as both are not the quickest

Ahh, allright. Can remember one game of him at the cb position, against Barcelona. It wasnt great, Ibrahimovic scored twice in those 45 minutes he played as cb.

Hatem Ben Arfa

This would be so stupid, he would just be another Yaya Toure, to good for the bench but a better player than him( Busquets) on his position. And if youre signing a DM, it shouldnt be Song. He isnt the best option for that position. I mean M'Vila is better than Song and also cheaper.

I just dont get it.

you seriously think Busquets is better than Yaya?

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
While Yaya had many good qualities he dwelled to much on the ball. Busquets is quicker and more nimble, better at circulating the ball and also better positionally

Home of Barca Fans