Alex Song

Tembbi

Toulalan isn't worth 170k per week and we don't need him. We'll get Sahin on loan and give Coquelin more games.

You are correct. His salary is roughly 193,000 euros, and since I didn't know the exact exchange rate I just threw a number. Seems to be £152,000 pounds.
Still, not affordable.

Edit: I don't how he earns money during summer so I just divided his 10 million € annual salary by 52. Anyhow, Wenger pay 10 million? Yea....

Last edited:

Robbie

We'll do what we always do and promote from within. When Gilberto was past it, Flamini stepped up. When Flamini left, Song stepped up. Now it's Coquelin's turn. He's 21, been on loan 2 years ago and was with the first team all season now. We also have Frimpong behind him. You guys are probably thinking "who the hell is Coquelin", but you'll know soon enough. He has the same style of pressing/tackling as Flamini, but with more pace.

Ursegor

World Champion
Put it this way if you were managing Valencia and wanted to improve your team and both yaya and busquets were available........who would you go for? For me its no brainer who the overall superior footballer is and who can add more to a team. Yaya isnt a simple defensive midfielder who just breaks and [pass to nearest player.....he has far more to his game.

I'd choose Busquets because he's the superior footballer week-in-week-out. Yaya provides those "YouTube moments" sometimes when he drives forward like the Juggernaut and scores a screamer. But he does that once every 20 games, not consistently. If he could do that consistently, he'd be Messi. Whereas Busquets dominates the midfield and dictates and orchestrates a game everytime he steps onto the pitch. Busquets is a deep lying playmaker. Yaya is an all-around box-to-box midfielder. If Busquets played anywhere else than Barcelona, let's say City where someone else would do the defensive work for him (Yaya), he would look pretty much like Xavi does for Barcelona. You're completely wrong if you think Busquets only plays 2 yard passes to Xavi's and Iniesta's feet and breaks up play and that's all he got in his locker. And you haven't watched young Xavi when he used to play the Guardiola role. Busquets is remarkably similar and much more of a natural Xavi successor than someone like Fabregas. I wouldn't be surprised if we are actually interested in the likes of Javi Martinez and Song so we can play Busquets higher up the pitch as Xavi gets older. Yaya doesn't have far more to his game. That's the same stuff people said 8 years ago when Lampard and Gerrard were scoring 20 goals a season and Xavi was scoring between 0 - 3. See how that turned out. I don't view football in such a simple way. I'm not a highlight watcher.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Guillem Balague says it's going to happen soon. Dunno how accurate he has been lately, but he usually waits until there's something concrete before talking about it online.

Oh, and Pepe,

nanny-showing-middle-finger.gif

Guielle Balague is funny. He probably got a lead from some sketchy source and popped up on twitter to post all about it. He hasn't featured on my list in a long time, I had forgotten I even followed him. All of a sudden, he has like 70 tweets about Song is near Barca.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I actually like Song (I want to see Cameroon have a revival internationally), but I really don't know what he's supposed to be. For years it seemed he was being groomed to be a DM, but he doesn't have the discipline or the positional sense, he's very skilled and he has strength but he runs around like a headless chicken far too much.

Keita never really had a clearly defined position either but he was an intelligent player who knew how to fill what role he was asked to. With Song I just don't see the wit and discipline to be a utility player even if he has a good deal of talent. Arsenal is a perfect level for him. There's no way he's worth 15M+, but we are talking about the same club that thought Hleb would be a good signing..

Keita, for whatever it is worth, scored a league winning goal. He is da baws. Especially when he used to play further up ahead than Eto'o and score mad random goals :lol:. Plus he sacrificed his life and tried talking Pepe down. Song on the other hand for some reason I don't like as a player but has something very likable about him. Certainly won't hate him and until his initiation but for some reason he worries me.

The last two pages have been pure entertainment for me. Absolutely hilarious.

Meitux

I'd choose Busquets because he's the superior footballer week-in-week-out. Yaya provides those "YouTube moments" sometimes when he drives forward like the Juggernaut and scores a screamer. But he does that once every 20 games, not consistently. If he could do that consistently, he'd be Messi. Whereas Busquets dominates the midfield and dictates and orchestrates a game everytime he steps onto the pitch. Busquets is a deep lying playmaker. Yaya is an all-around box-to-box midfielder. If Busquets played anywhere else than Barcelona, let's say City where someone else would do the defensive work for him (Yaya), he would look pretty much like Xavi does for Barcelona. You're completely wrong if you think Busquets only plays 2 yard passes to Xavi's and Iniesta's feet and breaks up play and that's all he got in his locker. And you haven't watched young Xavi when he used to play the Guardiola role. Busquets is remarkably similar and much more of a natural Xavi successor than someone like Fabregas. I wouldn't be surprised if we are actually interested in the likes of Javi Martinez and Song so we can play Busquets higher up the pitch as Xavi gets older. Yaya doesn't have far more to his game. That's the same stuff people said 8 years ago when Lampard and Gerrard were scoring 20 goals a season and Xavi was scoring between 0 - 3. See how that turned out. I don't view football in such a simple way. I'm not a highlight watcher.
it would be very strange for busquets to play a same role as toure does a box to box. cause i dont know if he has a good shot or whatever we are used to him as he is now but in the classico of 2009 in the camp nou he got forward and won the penalty that etoo missed:blush:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Why are you throwing random YouTube videos at my face? Are those 1 minute highlights out of the 9000 minutes he has played for Barcelona supposed to convince me that he's a better player than Busquets? What are you? One of those YouTube scouts? I know who Yaya is and what he's capable of, I haven't missed a single Barcelona game in the whole Guardiola era. :lol: He's a beast but he's no Busquets. Which is the reason why he had to go to make room for Busquets. Deal with it.

In the CL final he made a clumsy tackle which resulted in a highly dangerous freekick situation. Other than that he didn't have much to do defensively since Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta were bossing the middle throughout the game.

He's won the FA Cup and Premier League title? Cute argument. Busquets' dick is still larger, having won 2 Champions Leagues, a EC and a WC as the undisputed starter in midfield for the best international and club side of all time at age 24 where the likes of Fabregas, who was touted as a 60 million pound players in the Premier League, can't get into the starting XI.
:worthy:

I find it real funny when people say Busi "just breaks and passes to the nearest player"... Busi's passing is really under-rated.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
If Arsenal midfielder Alexandre Song (24) joins Barcelona, the Cameroonian player would get a year salary of around 2.5M [as]

dead cheap, both transfer wise and wages wise

Doobs

The Messiah
I think Gervinho here needs to watch Busquets more closely. Let me help.

Now, is he still a "water carrier"?

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Busquets better then Yaya Toure?
Song a headless chicken?
Toulalon better then Sahin will ever be?
Hundreds of better options then Song?
M'vila better then Song?

Dear lord, my summer vacation from this forum has been extended for an extra month. Also, whats is Dalitis doing here, I thought he was banned?

X

xaviniesta

:worthy:

I find it real funny when people say Busi "just breaks and passes to the nearest player"... Busi's passing is really under-rated.

especially how he makes those fake passes and passes between the lines to inietsa and messi. (9.05-10.25 in the video)

M

mitkoa7x

For me Yaya and Busquets shouldnt be compared, their roles are too different. If you absolutely must compare them then Busi wins hands down.

Home of Barca Fans