Alex Song

Hatem Ben Arfa

Why are you throwing random YouTube videos at my face? Are those 1 minute highlights out of the 9000 minutes he has played for Barcelona supposed to convince me that he's a better player than Busquets? What are you? One of those YouTube scouts? I know who Yaya is and what he's capable of, I haven't missed a single Barcelona game in the whole Guardiola era. :lol: He's a beast but he's no Busquets. Which is the reason why he had to go to make room for Busquets. Deal with it.

In the CL final he made a clumsy tackle which resulted in a highly dangerous freekick situation. Other than that he didn't have much to do defensively since Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta were bossing the middle throughout the game.

He's won the FA Cup and Premier League title? Cute argument. Busquets' dick is still larger, having won 2 Champions Leagues, a EC and a WC as the undisputed starter in midfield for the best international and club side of all time at age 24 where the likes of Fabregas, who was touted as a 60 million pound players in the Premier League, can't get into the starting XI.

There was a 10 minute video in there just for you. Guess you didn't bother to watch any of them.

Why have I thrown the videos in your face? Because they contradicted several of the points you made. "negligible attacking contribution", "overrated since he moved to the premier league" and you basically blaming him for Stamford Bridge penalties and a highly dangerous freekick in the champions league final :lol: get away.

I mention the Premier League title and FA Cup because without Yaya they would not have won them. Does that sound like someone who is overrated and offers negligible attacking contribution.

Obviously Busquets has won more trophies now as he remained at Barca and Spain(Barca). He fits the system very well with his game of moving on the ball as quickly as possible to the next player with a minimum of fuss. If he was at any other team in the world I really don't think he would be considered the best CDM in the world.

And you judge Yaya as a Center Back as a way of belittling him. Why did you not do the same to Busquets? Why not mention the fact that it was his fault we nearly got knocked out of the Champions League because he can't head the ball properly to save his life and closes his eyes while he does it? Or mention the fact that he has no pace at all and was the reason we gave away a goal in the first minute against AC Milan? If you are going to judge Yaya as a center back, you have to do the same with Busquets.

Yaya all in all is the clearly the better player of the two. You are entitled to think differently though. I can agree to disagree, but some of the points you made to try belittle Yaya are just plain wrong and reeks of someone that hasn't watched him properly, especially since his move from Barca.

And now I'm sure you are "deal with it" Dalitis.

Last edited:

Tembbi

Keita, for whatever it is worth, scored a league winning goal. He is da baws. Especially when he used to play further up ahead than Eto'o and score mad random goals :lol:. Plus he sacrificed his life and tried talking Pepe down. Song on the other hand for some reason I don't like as a player but has something very likable about him. Certainly won't hate him and until his initiation but for some reason he worries me.

The last two pages have been pure entertainment for me. Absolutely hilarious.

I don't want to take anything away from Keita but even Busquets is a better finisher. laugh

Hatem Ben Arfa

I think Gervinho here needs to watch Busquets more closely. Let me help.

Now, is he still a "water carrier"?

Video, showing the best game I've ever seen him play, the Manita. I take my hat off to him for that game, he was crucial.

The rest of it though, is long drawn out replays. He recovered a lot of balls against Santos which was good and then showing his passing which didn't really impress me tbh.

He fits the system very well with him quickly passing the ball to the next player, usually with first time passes. I don't think he is the better player though. I'm convinced if moved to another team he would not be anywhere near as good. And Yaya for me is still by far the better player.

Last edited:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Hundreds of better options then Song?
I was being generous... I'd rather not sign anyone than sign Song, so in reality there's tens of thousands of better options, including signing up a fan for free and pay him a symbolic sum for him to sit in the stands/on the bench.

Barcilliant

The fuck is happening here? This is an Alex Song thread! LOL!

The Busi/Yaya thing was buried in 2010. Busquets suits our play better but if I was manager of another side I'd choose Yaya anyday. Yaya has pace, power, defends and attacks better then Busquets. Busquets however is more composed, has better anticipation and links up brilliantly with the attack and defence.

Busquets is missed when he doesnt play becuase he brings fluency to the way we play. Yaya is a blunt trauma, impact player. Like I said any other team in the world would probably pick Yaya over Busquets.

Yugi

holy shit
is this dude joining us or what, looks like I missed a lot
meh, good bench player that´s it
oh and you guys keep talking about Yaya vs Busquets, its so funny I will probably make some popcorn and re-read it again :worthy:

M

mitkoa7x

I was being generous... I'd rather not sign anyone than sign Song, so in reality there's tens of thousands of better options, including signing up a fan for free and pay him a symbolic sum for him to sit in the stands/on the bench.

I'll do it for food and for the opportunity to talk with our players. Im a decent keeper.

Gervinho

The fuck is happening here? This is an Alex Song thread! LOL!

The Busi/Yaya thing was buried in 2010. Busquets suits our play better but if I was manager of another side I'd choose Yaya anyday. Yaya has pace, power, defends and attacks better then Busquets. Busquets however is more composed, has better anticipation and links up brilliantly with the attack and defence.

Busquets is missed when he doesnt play becuase he brings fluency to the way we play. Yaya is a blunt trauma, impact player. Like I said any other team in the world would probably pick Yaya over Busquets.
Couldnt have said it better and that should be the end of that.

And as far as Song goes, just hurry up Barca and get him away from us. he has driven me crazy for the last 2 years with his mistakes

Home of Barca Fans