Alex Song

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I don't mind a double pivot... As long as it's not Xavi playing further up the field.

That would actually ease in Busi turning into the play-maker ala Xavi

El Hefe

Played really well in my opinion, and made some really key interceptions and tackles. Could give Busquets some competition if he keeps up his form.

X

xaviniesta

this guy seriously surprised me with his consistency. as much as i saw him at arsenal, he was always all over the picth no matter what position he played. but yesterday he was defensivly rock solid and very mature, always covering the defenders. also you can see that he was way stronger than anybody else on the pitch.

did also some good stuff with the ball, but really needs to learn more how to make himself available for a pass and how to get ball faster up the field. otherwise a very, very solid performance i would say. i would have to eat my own word if he keep playing like this i guess...

as for played both him and busquets on the pitc...no. i want to see song at CB too. see what he can do there. and then i can see him rotating CB and DMF. and thats it. no double pivot or any crap like this and busquets is not a AMF.

Last edited:
G

Giannino

He was awesome, as I expected. You can't blame him for not doing the same stuff Busquets is doing, because Busquets is the best in what he's doing, but he was very solid yesterday. But he's not ready though, he was out of position a few times, especially when Adriano or another teammate was pressing early, he tried to cover their positions instead of holding his position, which resulted in a huge gap behind the two central midfielders (Xavi en Cesc), Valencia didn't profit though.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire

Valdes
Alves Pique Masch Alba
Busi
Xavi------Song
Iniesta
Messi____
____Villa
Win everything in the world 5 times over including the NBA, NHL, and NFL.

Pepe Silvia

Valdes
Alves Pique Masch Alba
Busi
Xavi------Song
Iniesta
Messi____
____Villa
Win everything in the world 5 times over including the NBA, NHL, and NFL.
I was interested about the lineup you posted a few days ago but forgot to ask about the logistics of it... now you have me really curious with this one. How would it work up front being so narrow (movement I mean)?

ElliottDonald

Won't the 6 passes that didn't reach the target be considered as balls lost!? :eusa_think:

I think those six passes were ones that didn't go to their intended targets but ended back to Barcelona, like I can remember a couple of long balls where a Valencia player intercepted songs pass by heading the ball out of play. So we didn't lose the ball but the pass wasn't complete

Gaines10

I thought he had a great home debut, solid play all game, good composure never looked nervous on the ball and just kept his game simple which is needed in that position.

I like the strength & bite he brings to the side aswell, plus hes far better defensiovely in the air than Busi.

With him now aswell it also gives us the option to play something like the below, would tighten our defense up alot and make us really hard to break down! i.e. against RM.

.............VV
Alves Pique Puyol Alba
.........Song Busi
Pedro.....Xavi....Iniesta
............Messi

Meitux

still i dont know if they play him center back but we cant continue playing dm's in defense we need a clear center back

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I think those six passes were ones that didn't go to their intended targets but ended back to Barcelona, like I can remember a couple of long balls where a Valencia player intercepted songs pass by heading the ball out of play. So we didn't lose the ball but the pass wasn't complete
No. Apparently losing a ball means you get tackled cleanly and lose posession on the ball. An incomplete pass is not considered as losing the ball

Home of Barca Fans