Alex Song

Isaac_Cuenca23

Xavi at #10 is a no-no but how about a Song-Busquets double pivot with Messi at #10?

*with the obvious rider of it being only on occasions when Xavi and Iniesta are unavailable.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Did anyone actually watch him at arsenal? he isnt as defensive as everyone seems to think.. he can easily play higher up the pitch, and it wouldnt surprise me if he got more assists than one of our big name CMs.

JimmyGuitarist

Did anyone actually watch him at arsenal? he isnt as defensive as everyone seems to think.. he can easily play higher up the pitch, and it wouldnt surprise me if he got more assists than one of our big name CMs.
Exactly, I'm not saying I can't see Song & Busquets playing at the same time but it won't be as part of a double pivot.

It could happen, Tito hinted on it. If a double pivot is ever played, better put cesc as the #10, not Xavi. It's weird to even think about it, though.
When did he hint on it? I havn't read that yet.

Tomchin

When did he hint on it? I havn't read that yet.
Tito didn't give a hint that he would use a double pivot as far as I know. He merely stated that Busquets and Song will be on the pitch together a lot of times this season (but that can be in a lot of different positions, eg Song CB and Busquets DM)

JimmyGuitarist

Tito didn't give a hint that he would use a double pivot as far as I know. He merely stated that Busquets and Song will be on the pitch together a lot of times this season (but that can be in a lot of different positions, eg Song CB and Busquets DM)
Song doesn't just play in deeper roles. If you watched Arsenal last season, he was more less there number 10.

X

xaviniesta

i doubt he will play the AMF role in barcelona. pivot and CB would be enough for him.

F

Flavia

And let us pray he doesn't actually have to play as a CB.........EVER.
Puyol's injured, Pique has 3 yc in la liga already, if Tito doesn't trust Bartra enough, Song could, sooner than later, make an appearance as a cb.

Theconomist

I don't want to see him at CB, even as a DM you can sense he itches to go forward which is okay for a team like Barca as long as he's there to make the interception when called for but as a CB :angry:

Home of Barca Fans