Alex Song

Tomchin

Dunno, at Arsenal he played at CB sometimes, and from what I heard from Arsenal-fans, he performed pretty well there (well, except that 1 game against Messi in the CL some years ago, but it's not really fair to judge him on that 1 game I guess ;))

Theconomist

Dunno, at Arsenal he played at CB sometimes, and from what I heard from Arsenal-fans, he performed pretty well there (well, except that 1 game against Messi in the CL some years ago, but it's not really fair to judge him on that 1 game I guess ;))

Well let's keep an open mind but remember how Mascherano did in his first few games?

Arachnid

I am an Arsenal fan. I've never seen him as anything but a desperate last resort due to injuries in the CB line, honestly.

MaestroXavi

The servant
After watching that last video I realised Song's passing skills are better than I thought,I think he can honestly play in any central role up to the Cam position which says a lot about a player

JimmyGuitarist

Yeah, I know, but I don't think he'll often play that role at Barca. I guess he'll rather alternate between CB and DM.
I don't think he will either, but I mean everyone wants a double pivot if him & Busquets play in the same game. If they do play at the same time, it doesn't mean it'll be as part of a double pivot.

Last edited:

Isaac_Cuenca23

I never ever want to see Song at CB. Mascherano is a beast in defence because he's a proper defensive midfielder but neither Song nor Busquets have the defensive ability to play at CB

X

xaviniesta

The same Song who couldn't be trusted at DM because of his lack of positional discipline? I'll take a pass on that one.

i know i said this. i was the first one to say no for him to play at barca. but after seeing his performance against valencia he really surprised me with his discipline actually.

zanela

Question: If the circumstances required us to start one of Song or Bartra at CB in an imp game, which one you all 'd prefer?

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
i know i said this. i was the first one to say no for him to play at barca. but after seeing his performance against valencia he really surprised me with his discipline actually.

Discipline as a CM and in an entirely defensive role are very different beasts though, and the sample size is far too small.

Is it possible? Yes, he's coming from a team whose coach is tactically well below average and his previous inability to play within structure are not entirely his fault, but he's played with enough disciplined players at Arsenal for long enough you'd think he'd have shown it by now if he was hiding football IQ the whole time.

Question: If the circumstances required us to start one of Song or Bartra at CB in an imp game, which one you all 'd prefer?

We might as well play Cesc at CB at that point.

Home of Barca Fans