Alex Song

Caluhu

I thought the first Sevilla's goal was all of our defense's fault, but began with Song's losing position. He charged forward, lost the ball, then Alves covered his place, letting Trochowski wide open. Was an unlucky goal, but still. Second goal, Song should've done better. There was an acre of space between him and Masche for Negredo to break in. And just like usual, he ran into the striker while not challenging them at all.

That being said, I think he still had many great moments tonight. Several good tackles, some nice skills, and contributed a bit to the attacks.

E

estranged

I thought the first Sevilla's goal was all of our defense's fault, but began with Song's losing position. He charged forward, lost the ball
Wrong. He charged forward, cleared the danger initially which is an important point, it means he had conviction and knew what he wanted to do, but his clearance could have been better. But you're right, it was a collective fail.

MacBoss

Song is no CB.. So dont blame him for his performances. I think he did well if you consider he is a DM and this was his second game as CB in Barca ...
Also I dont think Tito bought Song to play as CB; he was bought for midfield rotation and to give competiton for Busquets
Almost everyone here blames Tito for playing Song and not Bartra but Tito is the one who watches these guys train week in week out so i trust him to make the right decisions!!
Besides he is only playing there because Pique and Puyol are out injured ... as soon as they are back Song will rotate with Buqsquets again as we have seen vs Valencia ...

impeh

Hi, its me..
Was out of position alot but, its to be expected and you cant really blame him as hes not a CB. He also made a few decent tackles and won the ball back quite well. I like him in the midfield, but until we buy a CB (or everyone stays fit, unlikely) i doubt we'll see much of him there, which is a shame. Cause everyone will give him hate when hes actually a good player.

They obviously wanted to buy a CB, but the two targets it seems were martinez and silva, and we were priced out of both. I know other young defenders are rated highly on here (i havnt seen enough of them) but the club dont seem to want to spend unless its someone they are completely sure of. (probably cause of Cáceres, henrique, chygrynskiy..)

Kinda worrying as we really need a replacement for puyol, someone who's gonna be here for 5+ years and partner pique.

Ramos pls :lol: :(

Tomchin

Wrong. He charged forward, cleared the danger initially which is an important point, it means he had conviction and knew what he wanted to do, but his clearance could have been better. But you're right, it was a collective fail.
Not sure, imho he too often rushes forward (while he should stay more at the back), and as a result he often was out of position when Sevilla launched a counter-attack.

M

mitkoa7x

I liked Song actually. Yes he got outran for the 2nd goal and went chasing the ball way too many times but you dont learn over night, he needs to adapt 1st.

Barcilliant

His passing is Barca standard but defending is pretty woeful. Not really his fault as for some reason Pep and Tito have a grudge against proper CBs. We should have gone for Ivanovich or at least blooded Batra. Song is a very capable midfielder but no CB. Its ok to play him sometimes there but I pray this isnt a regular thing.

F

Flavia

Missed the first part of the 2nd half but from what I saw, Song was ok.
He was at fault for the 2nd goal. For a team like Barça, I really don't think it's ok. But it's not his fault, he's clearly doing his best. But this defense with 2 dms as cbs, against rm... I really hope Puyi or Pique will be ready.

E

estranged

He was at fault for the 2nd goal. For a team like Barça, I really don't think it's ok. But it's not his fault, he's clearly doing his best. But this defense with 2 dms as cbs, against rm... I really hope Puyi or Pique will be ready.

How was he at fault for the 2nd goal? That was Busquets' fault, yea Song was out of position and he could have tackled, but asking a non CB to perform a sliding tackle from behind ian situation like that is a lot, he probably would have ended up being sent off. Plus we always get in trouble whenever Busquets gets dispossessed like that.

Galning

He was indeed okay but he could be so much better at DM. He is great defensively but his position at CB is so poor, which is of course understandable.

zanela

I thought the first Sevilla's goal was all of our defense's fault, but began with Song's losing position. He charged forward, lost the ball, then Alves covered his place, letting Trochowski wide open. Was an unlucky goal, but still. Second goal, Song should've done better. There was an acre of space between him and Masche for Negredo to break in. And just like usual, he ran into the striker while not challenging them at all.

Not sure, imho he too often rushes forward (while he should stay more at the back), and as a result he often was out of position when Sevilla launched a counter-attack.

QFT

Home of Barca Fans