Alex Song

X

xaviniesta

and against real madrid :pep:

:worthy: he played in basicly every position under frank: pivot, AMF, LMF, RMF, AMF...

Barcilliant

He is a great fit as a DM in Barca but too slow as a CB. I think its ok if one of the inexperienced CBs (Masch, Song)partner with the experienced CBs (Pique, Puyol) but putting them together is a recipie for disaster. I hope Song does not press high and sits deeper. Ronaldo in particular will be itching to have a go at our backline.

Theconomist

Song was bought to be a CB mainly we simply have to accept that fact. If it works out then great if it does not then we are screwed. Let's not forget that Song we'll be losing him rather often for the African cup. Considering this fact I don't understand how he was worth the 19 million we paid. I mean couldn't we have gotten Vertonghen for 19 million? Or Sahko?
Anyway who knows he might adapt very well and we'll be laughing about these first games just like we did with Mascherano.(who has been a bit off form for a while but was a a beast last season)

Meitux

Song was bought to be a CB mainly we simply have to accept that fact. If it works out then great if it does not then we are screwed. Let's not forget that Song we'll be losing him rather often for the African cup. Considering this fact I don't understand how he was worth the 19 million we paid. I mean couldn't we have gotten Vertonghen for 19 million? Or Sahko?
Anyway who knows he might adapt very well and we'll be laughing about these first games just like we did with Mascherano.(who has been a bit off form for a while but was a a beast last season)
yeah exactly Vertonghen and Sakho would be better and i will never accept that we are paying money for a DM and want to play him into center back too cause its just a stupid idea and not spend even much more money for a good center back that is our main and the biggest problem

Gervinho

Im saying in advance as this thread could get ugly tomorrow. if he plays as CB and struggle against Ronaldo, keep in mind even top CBs struggle against Ronaldo and he's a midfielder being told to play as a CB. I really worry for Song and Mascherano against Real

Doobs

The Messiah
Biggest game of his life.

I've noticed that he doesn't let the pressure get to him, at least he doesn't show it....

karthik

His performance mainly depends on how we control the game. If our midfield takes charge of the proceedings at a very high level, he might have very little to do.

Home of Barca Fans