Alex Song

P

PhilS

No ACN for him :)

This is huge good news for Barca. Now, as soon as Tito figures out that Busquets is the #4 centerback instead of Song, then the team is deep enough to last out the year.

Del Bosque does a fantastic job picking lineups, and he knows what an asset Busquets is at CB. Song is better off subbing for Busquets or even Xavi than at CB.

Arachnid

This is huge good news for Barca. Now, as soon as Tito figures out that Busquets is the #4 centerback instead of Song, then the team is deep enough to last out the year.

Del Bosque does a fantastic job picking lineups, and he knows what an asset Busquets is at CB. Song is better off subbing for Busquets or even Xavi than at CB.

So, tell me Phils... you seen Busquets playing against France? Are you still willing to allow Sergio anywhere near the CB spot?

89Norcal

So, tell me Phils... you seen Busquets playing against France? Are you still willing to allow Sergio anywhere near the CB spot?

To be fair to Sergi, Song has had his share of lapses already at CB. Mascherano has them weekly.

That's what we get for not signing a real defender.

P

PhilS

I'm trying to not find out the Spain-France result until I can see it on DVR later today.

Yes, I would put Busquets at CB before Song or Adriano. Though I'd give Bartra a shot first, which Tito won't do. Maybe 2 of 3 or Masch, Pique & Puyol can be available for every remaining game this year.

89Norcal

I'm trying to not find out the Spain-France result until I can see it on DVR later today.

Yes, I would put Busquets at CB before Song or Adriano. Though I'd give Bartra a shot first, which Tito won't do. Maybe 2 of 3 or Masch, Pique & Puyol can be available for every remaining game this year.

I don't think Sergi would do too well in CB consistently. I don't see him tracking runs or jostling with big forwards. Even though he's taller than Mascherano, he's not as tough. Sergi thrives deep in midfield and wins the ball well by applying pressure

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

Is this tongue in cheek? I mean, of course he didn't commit fouls... he wasn't anywhere near the attacking Depor players to commit any!

He recovered 7 balls in defense. Don´t bitch just because...

F

Flavia

He showed, again, he is no cb. Good cover for Busquets, but nor for cb. And Tito won't sign any cb on the winter. I hope Pique and Puyol recover and dont get injured again.

Home of Barca Fans