Alex Song

Mes que un club

In isolated terms he was OK, but we sorely lacked Busquets speed and accuracy of distribution, thus too often our central attacking trio were facing a wall of opponents because they received balls not between the lines but infront of their lines.

JamDav1982

In isolated terms he was OK, but we sorely lacked Busquets speed and accuracy of distribution, thus too often our central attacking trio were facing a wall of opponents because they received balls not between the lines but infront of their lines.

He does not have the ability to read a game, is not mobile enough and is terrible defensively just look at him for Arsenal.

He cant break down an attack from the opposition and begin an attack for Barcelona in the way Busquets can. Just cant fathom why he was signed to be honest.

Barcelona will ship goals on the break any time Song plays.

X

xaviniesta

i think 'meh' is the perfect word to describe him and his performance.

he dind't mess up, made some good tackles, overall good. but on the other hand he looks a bit akward and slow with his thinking and doesn't release the pass very quickly. some of his harder passes he tried to make were just so bad. but he is still 'meh'

Last edited:
J

jiopi

Looked much better from the midfield, and with couple more games in there could be great.

Arachnid

he dind't mess up, made some good tackles, overall good. but on the other hand he looks a bit akward and slow with his thinking and doesn't release the pass very quickly. some of his harder passes he tried to make were just so bad. but he is still 'meh'

Maybe the stats will prove me wrong, but I'd say that he gave a very small fraction of the passes Busi usually gives.

Still, better than seeing him as a CB.

JamDav1982

Looked much better from the midfield, and with couple more games in there could be great.

Totally disagree. Dont think he is good enough defensively, mobile enough or good enough on the ball in tight situations. Which is nothing new from his Arsenal days.

Barcelona will ship goals on the break whenever he plays DM.

X

xaviniesta

his two performances in midfield have been much better than when he has been a defender without any doubt.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
He wasn't bad, but he wasn't anything special. Still his first match as DM, he could turn out good but could also be another Chygrynskiy (or how the hell you spell it). Let's not judge him just yet, we should give our players more support!

M

mitkoa7x

His movement is a bit awkward, he doesnt take the best position to receive a pass and that made Xavi run quite a bit.

Arachnid

He wasn't bad, but he wasn't anything special. Still his first match as DM, he could turn out good but could also be another Chygrynskiy (or how the hell you spell it). Let's not judge him just yet, we should give our players more support!

Played as DM against Valencia.

X

xaviniesta

he played full match vs valencia.

Isaac_Cuenca23

Not sure what match you were watching but 99 passes at 96% accuracy, 0 times dispossessed, 6 tackles, one long ball missed and one through ball missed tells its own story.

I though he was exceptional in the role he was required to play, keeping possession effectively, always being available for a backwards pass to recycle possession and breaking up the oppositions counters on several occasions.

Home of Barca Fans