Alexis Sanchez

Stric

What "2 seasons"? He was one of our best players in his first season. He has only sucked for half a season so far.

zdcf7_by_epickitty54-d69hhex.gif

Ursegor

World Champion
No, he wasn't.

Yes, he was. Do people really have such short memories? He displaced Villa pretty quickly after he joined, before the winter break in fact, and was part of the starting XI in all big games under Pep. Who started against Real Madrid in that 3-1 Clasico in the Bernabeu and scored THAT goal? Who scored 2 out of 3 goals in the Champions League against Leverkusen in the away leg? Who came on in the Camp Nou Clasico when it was 0-1 and scored the equalizer to give us a bit of hope? Everyone was loving "Asexis" and hating on Fabregas. He only turned into proper shit under Tito in the first half of the season and then played well again in the second half. So overall he only had a half a season slump (and still produced double figures in goals and assists).

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Yes, he was. Do people really have such short memories? He displaced Villa pretty quickly after he joined, before the winter break in fact, and was part of the starting XI in all big games under Pep. Who started against Real Madrid in that 3-1 Clasico in the Bernabeu and scored THAT goal? Who scored 2 out of 3 goals in the Champions League against Leverkusen in the away leg? Who came on in the Camp Nou Clasico when it was 0-1 and scored the equalizer to give us a bit of hope? Everyone was loving "Asexis" and hating on Fabregas. He only turned into proper shit under Tito in the first half of the season and then played well again in the second half. So overall he only had a half a season slump (and still produced double figures in goals and assists).
He wasn't great the whole season, ursegor. He had glimpses during the first half under Pep, then declined badly after his injury. The moments you posted were the glimpses I was referring too. And you of all people, posting stats as arguments? Funny :p
He was definitely worse under Tito, but he hadn't convinced anyone on his first season.

CatalinR10

After his first season many were saying in his defence that he needs another season to adapt and that people shouldn't judge so fast , only in the end to have a worst season than his first one.

Ursegor

World Champion
He wasn't great the whole season, ursegor. He had glimpses during the first half under Pep, then declined badly after his injury. The moments you posted were the glimpses I was referring too. And you of all people, posting stats as arguments? Funny :p
He was definitely worse under Tito, but he hadn't convinced anyone on his first season.

Stats are good when I use them. :xavi:

ShandyFFM

He never goes one on one. Hope neymar wont lose this ability too. Although i think sanchez has too much bodyweight and thats why he has lost so much pace and agility to go past a player. When looking at his size 167 cm you realize how slow he is

El Guaje

The difference is at one point Pedro was very good for Barça, he could find that form again. Alexis hasn't fit in yet, and it looks unlikely he ever will.

But based on their performances since Alexis came to Barca, he has easily been better than Pedro and it most certainly looks like he will continue to be the better performer.

You're right that Pedro actually has been awesome for Barca, but sadly, hes not as good any longer. Imo, same can be said for Alexis. He was incredible back at Udinese and he is good for Chile atm too. His skills and awesomeness cant disappear just like that... He seems to be a different player when you compare him in Barca and Chile shirt. I think it has more to do with how he (and Pedro) are being used.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
He never goes one on one. Hope neymar wont lose this ability too. Although i think sanchez has too much bodyweight and thats why he has lost so much pace and agility to go past a player. When looking at his size 167 cm you realize how slow he is

Fact is he struggled to dribble past players in the charity match with Messi and he lost the ball a lot without really doing much with it, Neymar will not end up like Alexis he is far superior.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Way to over react... 45 poor minutes, with only a week of training, without a coach, against a way better team in a friendly match...

It's like some were patiently awaiting this day, jeez...

Meitux

He has played and showed the same way in those two seasons.Confidence or not still you can't be so bad,losing the ball so easily and just passing back.Generally i always thought that hes not enough for Barcelona and he doesn't fit this system with false 9.It can only work with players who can score and create more chances.He got plenty of time to prove himself but didnt.Showing glimpses of something good doesn't automatically mean he will shine this season...we can't wait forever IF he plays good.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Way to over react... 45 poor minutes, with only a week of training, without a coach, against a way better team in a friendly match...

It's like some were patiently awaiting this day, jeez...

I agree. But, at the same time I'm a little worried. I always supported him for his qualities - his passing, not loosing the ball, of the ball movement when he drags defenders to make space for Messi etc. BUT, I would also like to see some improvement with his dribbling, shooting and that he doesn't fall to the ground to often and stay on his feet. For the price he cost us he should have more qualities.

Home of Barca Fans