Alexis Sanchez

CatalinR10

Excellent performance... He led the way to victory and I think it was a nice gesture to pass to Neymar instead of going for his personal glory, he deserved to score that last minute header but oh well...

Some may think it's a bold statement, but IMO he's been among our top three performers this season...

I'd say he's been our 4'th best player so far after Messi , Valdes, Neymar.

F

Flavia

Great game today. I loved the assist to Neymar, as he could've scored his hattrick there.
Hopefully he keeps it up, that kind of performance from him can be the diference this season.

@barcastuff 7 min
Martino: "I told Alexis that I want to see the Alexis of Chile, the Alexis of River Plate... I just gave him the chance to be that player."

Boris

BOOOM! I felt goosebumps when he scored that golazo! And surprised crowd reaction was just suitable !

KhaledBarca

Alexis has been playing great since the end of last season. He's decision making, dribbling finishing has improved... Remember, Alexis is still 24 and he'll keep on improving playing alongside Messi and Neymar!

Here's some stats:

- Alexis has scored 17 goals in year 2013 for club (14) and country (3), equalling his personal record from year 2011 (17, 15+2). #fcblive
- Alexis has scored (30) goals and provided (20) assists in (97) official Barcelona games [67 Starts] #fcblive

Stric

Huge game, huge goal! I must admit I was surprised to see him take that shot, I don't think that's his usual style. :) Great game anyway!

e28makaveli

Excellent performance... He led the way to victory and I think it was a nice gesture to pass to Neymar instead of going for his personal glory, he deserved to score that last minute header but oh well...

Some may think it's a bold statement, but IMO he's been among our top three performers this season...

I'll have to agree to some extent. Most improved player this season so far. Looks like Tata just unleashed the talent in this guy. Neymar's inspiration may also be helping. Alexis should keep up the momentum and get better. He has all the requirements to be an excellent player.

oz187

Alexis looked like a world class player today. He's had a couple of games now where he's played with increased intensity and confidence but today he took it to another level. He was taking more responsibility and making himself available to receive passes. He also looked likely to make things happen whenever he got the ball.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Great game today. I loved the assist to Neymar, as he could've scored his hattrick there.
Hopefully he keeps it up, that kind of performance from him can be the diference this season.

Personally, I didn't really like the assist to Neymar there...Squaring the ball into traffic when he was alone on goal is part of the reason many of us get annoyed with the Chilean's impotence in front of goal...Still, we saw so much of what makes him a special player in his own right....Just strange that we see it so infrequently/inconsistently...I too hope he's turned a corner

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Personally, I didn't really like the assist to Neymar there...Squaring the ball into traffic when he was alone on goal is part of the reason many of us get annoyed with the Chilean's impotence in front of goal...Still, we saw so much of what makes him a special player in his own right....Just strange that we see it so infrequently/inconsistently...I too hope he's turned a corner

Good ol' Mikey being all skeptical again ;).

I have to admit that I initially thought of the same thing, when Alexis passed the ball back to Neymar. This felt a bit more rational, however, that a) with his increased confidence Alexis knew exactly what he was doing and b) he trusted that a player of Neymar's calibre would've sank that sucker in no matter what.

I don't think the issue about here was whether it was indecisiveness on his part, but more of that he wanted to repay Neymar for his brilliant work up until that point in the game and knew exactly what he was doing in order to make that happen.

Home of Barca Fans