Alexis Sanchez

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Mikey doesn't view it as skepticism let alone cynicism, seems pretty straightforward...We have all criticized Sanchez on many occasion for his goal impotence and when you're 1v1 with the goal in front of you, a goalscorer needs to go for goal not pass it sideways - into traffic

I have few complaints with Alexis on the night because he was terrific but that and the dive he had were bad habits he hasn't yet rid his game of

SeloBarca

I want to see more shots from distance like that. If we have problems with parked busses, why dont we shoot more? why do we always have to dribble the ball into the net?

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Mikey doesn't view it as skepticism let alone cynicism, seems pretty straightforward...We have all criticized Sanchez on many occasion for his goal impotence and when you're 1v1 with the goal in front of you, a goalscorer needs to go for goal not pass it sideways - into traffic

I have few complaints with Alexis on the night because he was terrific but that and the dive he had were bad habits he hasn't yet rid his game of

No, I agree.

It's just that you've seen Alexis improve a lot of aspects of his game every game he has played thus far. I find that a remarkably positive sign that Tata has finally managed to find the missing pieces to complete the puzzle the Chilean was to Pep / Tito. He is greatly similar to Bielsa in many regards, but far more flexible and not as rigid in terms of school of thought.

I do believe that hereinafter we'll see the improved Alexis wrecking havoc, the way he should've been doing it ages ago. His decision-making has improved drastically from last season, and I'm still adamant that in this case trust, knowledge of taking the right decision and a bit of fair altruism were all present.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I'm very happy with Alexis, I just think there's a lot more to his game we have yet to see with much consistency...It's just remarkable that he's been given more latitude for integration than many attacking players before him...Atm, It's paying off obviously

I think the thing I like the most this season from Alexis is the connection he's developing with both Neymar & Cesc, apart the obvious in Leo

Sepuldinho

I used to doubt him with his back pass,slip etc but last night.. He was on beast mode
That goal was rocket and his gesture for the neymar goal is plausible.

Hope he can maintain this for the rest of the season. Now i cant wait to see the nemesis trio back in action.

serghei

It's funny how Alexis always puts in these awesome performances, when Leo isn't playing :lol:

IMO, that's because Leo absorbs much of the team's offensive play. That's just wrong if you ask me. Messi, however great, is one piece of the puzzle, not the whole puzzle. If Messi is positioned in a worse position than let's say Tello, our players will pass the ball to Messi, because he's Messi. We have put Lionel on a piedestal and this is a dangerous game to play. His ego is becoming bigger and bigger and I fear that, day by day, the ambitious, hard working and unselfish Messi that formed a deadly trio with Eto'o and Henry in 2009 will be gone.

Gladly, Tata Martinez is not Villanova in terms of personality, he looks like a man who's well in charge and is willing to treat all the players the same. Subbing Messi showed me he has balls. Messi is not intangible. He is one of the eleven Barca players who get on the pitch and try to win every game.

Some may read what I say here and think I don't like Messi. It isn't true.

pEllee

It's funny how Alexis always puts in these awesome performances, when Leo isn't playing :lol:

Which is why I'm not getting my hopes up. Do you remember how incredibly good he was during last season? When Messi was out injured, Alexis stepped up and did great. Messi came back and Alexis became average again. This always happens.

Antimadridista1

Alexis is probably our best player so far since the beginning of the season.
He needs to perform like that against the likes of Real Madrid and AC Milan.

Maria

Great game today. I loved the assist to Neymar, as he could've scored his hattrick there.
Hopefully he keeps it up, that kind of performance from him can be the diference this season.

I know I may be in a minority here, but I liked Alexis in his first season until the games against Chelsea..after that he looked broken. Now he has his confidence back and I hope that he will continue like this.

@barcastuff 7 min
Martino: "I told Alexis that I want to see the Alexis of Chile, the Alexis of River Plate... I just gave him the chance to be that player."

Tata, bench Pique for a few games when Puyol and Masche are back and you'll have won me completely. :wub:

Alexis is probably our best player so far since the beginning of the season.
He needs to perform like that against the likes of Real Madrid and AC Milan.

Against RM I hope Tata will use him like Pep did in our last big win at Bernabeu..though I don't know who should play next to Busi in midfield.

Last edited:

jairzinho

Gladly, Tata Martinez is not Villanova in terms of personality, he looks like a man who's well in charge and is willing to treat all the players the same. Subbing Messi showed me he has balls. Messi is not intangible. He is one of the eleven Barca players who get on the pitch and try to win every game.

Agreed especially with this last part. I like Tata's approach so far when it comes to man management which like tactics is crucial if we are to win anything this season. He's not afraid to enforce the rest & rotation policy keeping in mind its a long season, and we need everyone to be healthy when it really matters which is coming down near the end. Where Messi is concerned, we've grown so accustomed to channeling the majority of the attack through him, so much so that the impact of Alexis, Neymar and other is not as great as it could be.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
MD
yMzDqVZc_nU.jpg

:lol: jugadorazos
d5b209e950c66ae0499c84b12b8260a7.jpg

this one is too

Last edited:

kostasgtc

IMO, that's because Leo absorbs much of the team's offensive play. That's just wrong if you ask me. Messi, however great, is one piece of the puzzle, not the whole puzzle. If Messi is positioned in a worse position than let's say Tello, our players will pass the ball to Messi, because he's Messi. We have put Lionel on a piedestal and this is a dangerous game to play. His ego is becoming bigger and bigger and I fear that, day by day, the ambitious, hard working and unselfish Messi that formed a deadly trio with Eto'o and Henry in 2009 will be gone.

very very nice post.
my thoughts exactly from last year yet.

Home of Barca Fans