Alexis Sanchez

Elite-BkD

Shots per game and passes per game are two pieces of data which take around twenty seconds for a person to read and absorb, with or without having ever spent so much as ten minutes watching this team play, so no, I wouldn't say it's very fair to read a whole lot of anything into those stats.
At any rate seems extremely unreasonable to argue with the sentiment that over the past two years the general tendency of advanced players to look to get the ball to Messi regardless of which player is in the best position tactically, but this is not a problem which causes the team as a whole to function at below 100%, it is a solution when the team is already not functioning at 100%, and considering Messi is arguably the most devastating forward ever and the history of what tends to happen when the team pushes perhaps a little harder than we'd like to see to get him the ball, I'd say it's about the best option we have for any scenario in which the team isn't getting the job done.
Thankfully, it appears that under Tata the team as a whole is starting to play much better than they ever did last year (Yes, including the first half of the season, as I think the team was a bit flattered by great string of results considering the general quality of play) and it looks like they'll continue to do so, and it doesn't look like Messi's attitude or ego will cause any real issues.

sailor

813257215.gif

Qonny

The thing I like the best about that goal (appart from its beauty), is that Alexis would have been able to score that against a top-quality defense as well as against Valladolid. With Messi (and Neymar) occupying so much of the attention from the opponents, I can imagine Alexis getting into similar shooting positions and angles again. Seeing how he pulled this shot of, I'm sure he can manage it again.

All in all, this proves how efficient it can be to shoot from outside the area, something we should do more!

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I thought there were 4 very smart & well timed shots from distance (Outside the box) in the match...Obviously Alexis had the one but Neymar, Tello & Bartra all had good chances as well although the Brasilian had the worst accuracy of them...Loved seeing it but I wonder with Messi in the lineup, do these players attempt this?...Either way, they should be testing the keeper more

serghei

I can't agree with you here. I simply don't believe that our play gravitates more to Messi now than it did during Villa's first season, although it certainly appears to be the popular opinion. For Messi to be blocked off as you said he would need to do something with the ball, either pass it, lose it or attempt a shot.

That is your oppinion man and I respect it. However, I think Messi will be problematic for us in the future if he is not handled properly. I have seen Messi in the last year arguing with Villa and with Tello a lot more than he did in the past. And a few days ago he was pissed he was subbed off by Tata. He is beginning to think of himself as a star and lose the modesty and hard working that brought him where he is now. I don't want to be cruel or smth, but probably Villanova and his men were responsible for Messi-zing our game and giving Messi godlike stature. And the media too. But let's hope I'm wrong and we'll go back to being a team, not hoping for a one leg Messi to put us through a tie.

But nevermind what I say here, I trust Tata Martino. He means bussiness. He'll handle Messi properly.

kostasgtc

That is your oppinion man and I respect it. However, I think Messi will be problematic for us in the future if he is not handled properly. I have seen Messi in the last year arguing with Villa and with Tello a lot more than he did in the past. And a few days ago he was pissed he was subbed off by Tata. He is beginning to think of himself as a star and lose the modesty and hard working that brought him where he is now. I don't want to be cruel or smth, but probably Villanova and his men were responsible for Messi-zing our game and giving Messi godlike stature. And the media too. But let's hope I'm wrong and we'll go back to being a team, not hoping for a one leg Messi to put us through a tie.

But nevermind what I say here, I trust Tata Martino. He means bussiness. He'll handle Messi properly.
+1

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I have seen Messi in the last year arguing with Villa and with Tello a lot more than he did in the past. And a few days ago he was pissed he was subbed off by Tata.

He wasn't arguing, those type of discussions happen on the pitch all the time, Tello and Villa themselves said there wasn't a problem at all. And he was pissed off because he wasn't playing by his usual standards, I'd be pissed off too if I was playing poorly and didn't have a chance to right my mistakes.

KhaledBarca

Most Goals+Assists in year 2013 for club and country (Players from Europe's top 6 leagues):
1- Cristiano Ronaldo 61 (50+11)
2- Messi 57 (42+15)
3- Neymar 48 (25+23)
4- Lewandowski (32+7)
5- Ibrahimovic 38 (26+12)
6- Thomas Muller 36 (23+13)
7- Robben 31 (18+13)
Ozil 31 (7+24)
9- Alexis 30 (17+13)
Cavani 30 (26+4)
Negredo 30 (26+4)

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Most Goals+Assists in year 2013 for club and country (Players from Europe's top 6 leagues):
2- Messi 57 (42+15)
3- Neymar 48 (25+23)
4- Lewandowski (32+7)
7- Robben 31 (18+13)
Ozil 31 (7+24)
9- Alexis 30 (17+13)
Cavani 30 (26+4)
Negredo 30 (26+4)

Alexis :worthy:

BarcaGirl

2- Messi 57 (42+15)
3- Neymar 48 (25+23)
4- Lewandowski (32+7)
7- Robben 31 (18+13)
Ozil 31 (7+24)
9- Alexis 30 (17+13)
Cavani 30 (26+4)
Negredo 30 (26+4)

Where's Ribery? :lol: