Alexis Sanchez

serghei

Made me laugh, really. He's a feckin pro! Football is a joy for every player, but does everyone make mistakes because of that? Alexis isn't one of a kind. He's just clumsy.

A clumsy player could have never pulled off some of the things Alexis did this season. HE IS NOT CLUMSY, that's just a stupid thing to say. Just ask Diego Lopez, he'll tell you. His problems are in his head.

F

Flavia

A clumsy player could have never pulled off some of the things Alexis did this season. HE IS NOT CLUMSY, that's just a stupid thing to say. Just ask Diego Lopez, he'll tell you. His problems are in his head.
He is a bit clumsy. That doesn't mean he can't make things right too, but he often has a clumsy move, when he trips on himself.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He is not clumsy tbh. He just gets undecisive many times. Starts overthinking. Should I pass, should I shoot, should I dribble a bit more, what should I do....

Kerrybai

Too anxious, clumsy, too pumped up, too indecisive... does it really matter how we describe it? The end result is all that matters, i.e. Sanchez breaking down our attack, wasting chances etc. He's improved a lot but he's still not the player we all hoped for.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
He is not clumsy tbh. He just gets undecisive many times. Starts overthinking. Should I pass, should I shoot, should I dribble a bit more, what should I do....

Yep one dribble, two dribbles and no shot, that just frustrating sometimes.

serghei

Too anxious, clumsy, too pumped up, too indecisive... does it really matter how we describe it? The end result is all that matters, i.e. Sanchez breaking down our attack, wasting chances etc. He's improved a lot but he's still not the player we all hoped for.

The fact that we want more from him does not mean he isn't already top class. The fact that he can do better while he already has 17 goals in the league and 9 assists (the most for a winger -- mind you, CR is not a classic winger) proves what a talent he is.

Lomar1o

i dunno. i think he is a very hardworking player but he still isn't on barca's level. the level i think barca players should be at. sanchez is too indecisive, he doesn't have a good touch, a good pass, or good dribbling. he's good at tackling tho. i have a feeling he should've been a defensive midfielder but things went wrong and he was played as a winger :DD i admire his professionalism tho. he always works hard and tries his best. sadly he isn't good enough.

PhilS

The fact that we want more from him does not mean he isn't already top class. The fact that he can do better while he already has 17 goals in the league and 9 assists (the most for a winger -- mind you, CR is not a classic winger) proves what a talent he is.

Why are you trying to bring reality into this discussion? The point is to say bad things about this Barca player now, unrelentingly. At all times, it is very important to focus with all available energy on criticising Barca players. Never mention that the entire rest of the football world thinks these same Barca players are right at the top of the list of the best players anywhere.

If you can't get on board slamming Alexis, go over to the Neymar area and slam him. Or Cesc. You should be aware that it is not fashionable right now to rag on Valdes or Pique, these things do change.

Galning

Why are you trying to bring reality into this discussion? The point is to say bad things about this Barca player now, unrelentingly. At all times, it is very important to focus with all available energy on criticising Barca players. Never mention that the entire rest of the football world thinks these same Barca players are right at the top of the list of the best players anywhere.

:lol: so true.

Trickykid

If you can't get on board slamming Alexis, go over to the Neymar area and slam him. Or Cesc. You should be aware that it is not fashionable right now to rag on Valdes or Pique, these things do change.

:D

Alarcón

Stats aren't everything... I agree Alexis has improved a lot but that still doesn't overshadow that he does not particularly fit Barça's style of play; he lacks basic attributes like first touch, decision making and positional play, things that are extremely important at Barça but are not reflected in stats and that's why he still looks out of sync with the rest of the team while racking up a great number of goals and assists.

That said, I could only think of a handful of players who might be a better fit for Barça while still maintaining a similar number of goals and assists - great right wingers are rather scarce - but I'm sure if our managers did their job properly they would be able to find some.

Last edited:
The transfer ban for Barca could mean that he actually stays another year, must be a real torture for you guys to have to watch such a mediocre player that you dislike so much play in Barca´s colour for another year.

Kohe321

Try to remember his last couple of seasons and compare them to how he plays now. It's easy to forget how incredibly indecisive and wasteful he was. His talent and skills is the same as it was, that was never the problem, the reason he has performed so well this season has at least 90% to do with a change in his mentality and confidence, as well as just getting enough time to find his place in the system. 19 goals and how many assists this season? I get impressed more often than I get frustrated watching him play now a days - it was the opposite around last season.

He's incredibly talented and only 25 years old, so he can still grow and get even better within the Barca system.

Home of Barca Fans