Alexis Sanchez

Trickykid

Great game all in all, and I wish he'd started the majority of these last 5-6 odd games where he didn't feature in the starting XI. Too little, too late now, and doubt Alexis will stick around after this season, unless whoever replaces Tata shows him more confidence.

Considering how extremely confidence-driven Alexis seems to be, one could see this awful miss coming a mile away. I honestly think Tata has been mismanaging him heavily during these last weeks/month. I's a complete paradox, really. Alexis seemed like a completely reborn player under Tata, but when the shit hit the fan and the season neared climax, he benched him. However much truth there was to the bust-up between the two after the CdR final, it does make sense that whatever made Tata bench him during this period was personal somehow. That, and of course Tata being hellbent on squeezing in Fabregas...

Ursegor

World Champion
Front three (Pedro, Messi, Alexis) were all good

That has to be a joke. The blatant flaw in this game that almost cost us was the diabolic finishing. Pedro and Alexis are the main culprits of this wasting chance after chance habit (in Messi's case it's an exception obviously). Against better teams Pedro doesn't get 3 attempts infront of the goalkeeper until he can score.

As far as I'm concerned they can both go. I won't praise Pedro and Alexis for basics like "movement" and "defending" anymore. Just put the ball in the net, fss.

dakt

No, not at all. His awareness and decision making are still horrible. He intercepted a perfect pass by Xavi to Alves who would have been through. You can't do this when you play at Barca.

Overall speaking, Sanchez just fits much better ATM in Barca's style of play.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
No, not at all. His awareness and decision making are still horrible. He intercepted a perfect pass by Xavi to Alves who would have been through. You can't do this when you play at Barca.

Funnily enough, awareness and decision making are Neymar's biggest areas to improve, not to mention Ney-finishing isn't the most regarded ability around here... But I disgress, as someone said before, this shouldn't be Ney vs. Alexis vs. Pedro, whoever plays should deliver the goods...

Alexis was important for the win tonight and as long as he can contribute to the team he should stay... I know some people have their mind made up about him and will focus only on a single miss disregarding the things he did well...

Home of Barca Fans